WOS Volleyball forfeits district game for football game/Game rescheduled!!!

Bobcat1

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We'll know for sure Friday if it was cancelled or if it was a forfeit.

The word I just received from the district chair is that it is a forfeit.

I will wait on a story that will be put out in a local newspaper before I make my comments.  ;)

Wait no longer, go get it.

I know that WOS will be letting school out around noon (maybe 1:00) because they need all the busses for the trip. Could this be why they are not going to HJ on Friday? No bus?

They have enough busses.

If there are not enough buses to go around then maybe wos should flip a coin to see who forfiets...the football team or the volleyball team.    ;D  ;D ;D

Guest Silsbee88

If I were the volleyball coach, I would cut the 8 players and find at least 3 other students that wanted to try to play.  What they don't have any freshman or soph that want to play volleyball?

If I were the volleyball coach, I would cut the 8 players and find at least 3 other students that wanted to try to play.  What they don't have any freshman or soph that want to play volleyball?

Good question.

It's obvious what is stressed more there.

It also looks as though the parents run the athletics there, not Hooks.

I'd take my three Varsity girls over and give them everything we had. Then on Mon. there would be 8 girls that would have to worry about playing volleyball cause they'd be turning in there uniforms. If HJ actually agreed to 4:00 that is more than enuff time to get to Brookshire figuring that VB game ended at around 5:30. That still 2 hrs drive time and unless I'm mistaken drill team doesn't preform untill halftime.

I'd take my three Varsity girls over and give them everything we had. Then on Mon. there would be 8 girls that would have to worry about playing volleyball cause they'd be turning in there uniforms. If HJ actually agreed to 4:00 that is more than enuff time to get to Brookshire figuring that VB game ended at around 5:30. That still 2 hrs drive time and unless I'm mistaken drill team doesn't preform untill halftime.

EXACTLY!!!!!!

I think this stinks to high heaven. I find it hard to believe that Hooks would allow these parents to dictate this. Sounds to me like the blame is being tossed to the parents.

If I was the parent of one of those three girls that aren't allowed to play MR. DAN HOOKS would become really familiar with his TITLE 9 Handbook...

Agreed. The 3 that are not on the drill team or cheerleading squad, gets shoved aside for the good of the football team.

Oh, we can't have a non-district football game way over in little Brookshire without some of the cheerleaders and drill team members attending. That would be a travesty. ::)

Guest Ranger83

Att. Moderators------I believe this topic should be moved to the Volleyball Forum.  

Thanks for the suggestion. I think it works for both sports and football forum gets more reads. it should stay here

Anytime that WO-S gets mentioned it does get read more.

Yea, that's it. Kind of like Harry Potter. Except dumber!

Att. Moderators------I believe this topic should be moved to the Volleyball Forum.  

Thanks for the suggestion. I think it works for both sports and football forum gets more reads. it should stay here

Anytime that WO-S gets mentioned it does get read more.

Yea, that's it. Kind of like Harry Potter. Except dumber!

hey hey hey. I like HP. Leave him out of this  :D

If I was the parent of one of those three girls that aren't allowed to play MR. DAN HOOKS would become really familiar with his TITLE 9 Handbook...

Agreed. The 3 that are not on the drill team or cheerleading squad, gets shoved aside for the good of the football team.

Oh, we can't have a non-district football game way over in little Brookshire without some of the cheerleaders and drill team members attending. That would be a travesty. ::)

im not saying this situation is right or wrong but how does this benefit the football team? there is a conflict in schedules,which i dont understand how it happened, and the girls who are involved in more than one activity made a choice with their parents backing. i agree they should get the boot, but i dont understand how anyone has made this a football issue.

im not saying this situation is right or wrong but how does this benefit the football team? there is a conflict in schedules,which i dont understand how it happened, and the girls who are involved in more than one activity made a choice with their parents backing. i agree they should get the boot, but i dont understand how anyone has made this a football issue.

I think it became a football issue when those girls made the choice to attend the football game.  To me, a football team can play without cheerleaders and drill team.........BUT, a volleyball team CANNOT play without the players.  To me, irresponsible decision and bad parenting by the parents!!

I think it became a football issue when those girls made the choice to attend the football game.  To me, a football team can play without cheerleaders and drill team.........BUT, a volleyball team CANNOT play without the players.  To me, irresponsible decision and bad parenting by the parents!!

Thank you.