WOS Volleyball forfeits district game for football game/Game rescheduled!!!

Bobcat1

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally, I think that the cheerleaders and drill team would be short a few members and the volleyball game would be played.  That's how it would roll in my world, anyway.  It would be either that, or the girls would no longer be a member of either team.

Ok, you know the volleyball coach is not happy....if she is happy, she needs another job.  So, how is she going to coach that team in the future when those girls walked away from a game.  Coaches put in lots of time and take lots of crap. If the coach don't take this well above Hooks' head, I would be surprised..... I would be pissssssed!!

If I was the parent of one of those three girls that aren't allowed to play MR. DAN HOOKS would become really familiar with his TITLE 9 Handbook...

Agreed. The 3 that are not on the drill team or cheerleading squad, gets shoved aside for the good of the football team.

Oh, we can't have a non-district football game way over in little Brookshire without some of the cheerleaders and drill team members attending. That would be a travesty. ::)

im not saying this situation is right or wrong but how does this benefit the football team? there is a conflict in schedules,which i dont understand how it happened, and the girls who are involved in more than one activity made a choice with their parents backing. i agree they should get the boot, but i dont understand how anyone has made this a football issue.

I think it became a football issue when those girls made the choice to attend the football game.  To me, a football team can play without cheerleaders and drill team.........BUT, a volleyball team CANNOT play without the players.  To me, irresponsible decision and bad parenting by the parents!!

as a football fan i couldnt give a dam less if the drill team,cheerleaders,or band was there...but it still doesnt jive with me how this is a football related problem. the girls didnt decide not to play vb because they would rather play football, they decided to instead perform in the fillies,band,or cheerlead.

sooo how is that a football problem?

shouldnt the cheer director,band director, or drill team sponsor step in and have a say whether these girls will be allowed to perform at the game. i would be willing to bet that if they werent allowed to partcipate at the game friday night the volleyball game would be back on!

If I was the parent of one of those three girls that aren't allowed to play MR. DAN HOOKS would become really familiar with his TITLE 9 Handbook...

Agreed. The 3 that are not on the drill team or cheerleading squad, gets shoved aside for the good of the football team.

Oh, we can't have a non-district football game way over in little Brookshire without some of the cheerleaders and drill team members attending. That would be a travesty. ::)

im not saying this situation is right or wrong but how does this benefit the football team? there is a conflict in schedules,which i dont understand how it happened, and the girls who are involved in more than one activity made a choice with their parents backing. i agree they should get the boot, but i dont understand how anyone has made this a football issue.

I think it became a football issue when those girls made the choice to attend the football game.  To me, a football team can play without cheerleaders and drill team.........BUT, a volleyball team CANNOT play without the players.  To me, irresponsible decision and bad parenting by the parents!!

as a football fan i couldnt give a dam less if the drill team,cheerleaders,or band was there...but it still doesnt jive with me how this is a football related problem. the girls didnt decide not to play vb because they would rather play football, they decided to instead perform in the fillies,band,or cheerlead.

sooo how is that a football problem?

shouldnt the cheer director,band director, or drill team sponsor step in and have a say whether these girls will be allowed to perform at the game. i would be willing to bet that if they werent allowed to partcipate at the game friday night the volleyball game would be back on!

Very good points, venom33. I agree. But, I also think Hooks could do something about this, he is the AD for crying out loud.

Guest Ranger83

This is more of a parental issue than an AD issue. The AD can not make them go. It's just a poor choice by some teenagers with (I assume) the support of their parents.

This is more of a parental issue than an AD issue. The AD can not make them go. It's just a poor choice by some teenagers with (I assume) the support of their parents.

Don't get me wrong, he can't force them to go. But he can sure make decisions on who is allowed to participate in athletics from here on out.

Your correct but how is HOOKS gonna handle this support his VB coach or tell the VB coach to put the girls back on the team.

Your correct but how is HOOKS gonna handle this support his VB coach or tell the VB coach to put the girls back on the team.

Hooks should have already handled it before it made news. It's pretty simple, you play volleyball this Friday or you don't cheer, drill whatever the rest of the season. I go back to the VB coach...........how can she coach a team she cannot manage??

are there not girls that would love the opportunity to compete at the varsity level? she should have an open tryout before friday and the only requirements be heart and loyality!

AMEN!!!

The rest can stand along the football sidelines the rest of the season.

Any reporters out there gonna try to get an interview with the VB coach or Hooks......maybe ask some of these common sense questions??

This is a no brainer for me, the girls who don't play volleyball on Friday would definitely not cheer or dance on the drill team.  Simple as that.  Their first commitment is to volleyball or at least that is how I think it should be.

Cheermom4, thank you for your input. It seems that the majority, if not all folks, see it that way. Except for the few at WOS.

To me the "no comment" made by the coach says it all...I don't believe she's to happy about the situation!!!

Where's Skipper when you need him. I bet you he knows someone who is a cousin with one of the buss drivers that talked to the sister of the VB coach  ;D  ;D

Skipper doesn't even know that there are other sports played at WOS besides football.

This is a no brainer for me, the girls who don't play volleyball on Friday would definitely not cheer or dance on the drill team.  Simple as that.  Their first commitment is to volleyball or at least that is how I think it should be.

Cheermom4, thank you for your input. It seems that the majority, if not all folks, see it that way. Except for the few at WOS.

Thanks AggiesAreWe, those girls know that volleyball is played on Tuesday's and Friday's this is nothing new. What have they done for the other games???  What did the coach tell them when they made the team and she knew they were cheerleaders or drill team members or whatever?

For me, its about commitments.  These girls have multiple commitments.  They have  commitments to the volleyball team and the cheerleading squad or to the drill team and volleyball team.  Their commitment is not to the football team and to say they are choosing football over volleyball is probably a little unfair.  Kids at small schools get pulled a lot of different directions. To get down on the kids or the parents when they chose one activity over another is a little much in my opinion.

For me, its about commitments.  These girls have multiple commitments.  They have a commitments to the volleyball team and the cheerleading squad or to the drill team and volleyball team.  Their commitment is not to the football team and to say they are choosing football over volleyball is probably a little unfair.  Kids at small schools get pulled a lot of different directions. To get down on the kids or the parents when they chose one activity over another is a little much in my opinion.

So how do you choose?

The football team can have 3 cheerleaders, and the drill team can have 7 less dancers, but the VB team cannot play with 3 people.  And to someone elses point, they could play at 4 and be there by 1/2 time if they planned it.