Post STJFL Week 5 scores

KDM 2

I second that  tragichippy !!!!!   I know our coaches have pulld our team back once they hit the 28 point diff,,,,,  I've heard him tell them that they are gona easy up !!!!  I dont think a team earns any respect by running up the score !! Maybe they are going for intimidation!!!      AND NO IM NOT TRYING TO STIR THE POT ,, CONGRATS ON THE WIN ,,,  I just think thats alittle much !!!! 

Just a question here, but how do you make a team "ease up" or better yet, how do you define that? Do you kneel the ball on every offensive play? Do you tell your RB's or QB that, if they see open field, fall down? Being someone who has coached a little, I'm just wondering because there are times that you sub out kids who have never even carried the ball in a game and they even score. Sometimes, it can't be helped. I think it's a bit ridiculous to automatically throw out the "running up the score" card. Sometimes, you just have so much more talent or speed that you either score or risk further embarassment for your opponent by kneeling the ball on first, second or third downs. This happens a lot in the youth leagues where that can be a huge difference in a teams abilities.

I'm not trying to stir the pot either, and I also don't have a child in this league, but I do read these pages all of the time and I think some folks are way to quick to throw out that a team "ran up the score".

juniors

ned gold 21

wos white 0

:)

Just for that i'm make sure i put 40 on u today sportsnut72.

The  "running up the score" card was played by WOS98 before the game started. He then mentioned the 57 - 0 victory claiming he was off by 17 points. You may have missed that in these post.  My only comment was he should have let the score speak for itself. Did he really need to call it out?? But, like I said earlier, it's a free country and people can act like they want.

I just posted the score. If u call that running up the score then thats u. If a team beats us by 40 or more me and my coach's gone wonder what we wrong with our game plan. If u had a chance to put 40 on Wos Jr. White u will. Like i said, we put kids in that never score a td in little league. So that tells u something (we work hard at what we do and take PROUD in it).   

Your missing the whole point(and you didnt just post the score, you talked smack), but I have no issue in you beating a team by 100 points if you follow the rules. It's obvious you don't get it.  I guess I'm not explaining myself clearly enough, but don't know how else to say it. So, for the sake of "GOOD SPORTSMANSHIP"..........GOOD GAME WOS!

Ok why speak on it. Until someone beat us i will have a lot to talk about. Remember we are the under dogs chasing Lumberton jr. White. 

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I second that  tragichippy !!!!!   I know our coaches have pulld our team back once they hit the 28 point diff,,,,,  I've heard him tell them that they are gona easy up !!!!  I dont think a team earns any respect by running up the score !! Maybe they are going for intimidation!!!      AND NO IM NOT TRYING TO STIR THE POT ,, CONGRATS ON THE WIN ,,,  I just think thats alittle much !!!! 

Just a question here, but how do you make a team "ease up" or better yet, how do you define that? Do you kneel the ball on every offensive play? Do you tell your RB's or QB that, if they see open field, fall down? Being someone who has coached a little, I'm just wondering because there are times that you sub out kids who have never even carried the ball in a game and they even score. Sometimes, it can't be helped. I think it's a bit ridiculous to automatically throw out the "running up the score" card. Sometimes, you just have so much more talent or speed that you either score or risk further embarassment for your opponent by kneeling the ball on first, second or third downs. This happens a lot in the youth leagues where that can be a huge difference in a teams abilities.

I'm not trying to stir the pot either, and I also don't have a child in this league, but I do read these pages all of the time and I think some folks are way to quick to throw out that a team "ran up the score".

juniors

ned gold 21

wos white 0

The  "running up the score" card was played by WOS98 before the game started. He then mentioned the 57 - 0 victory claiming he was off by 17 points. You may have missed that in these post.  My only comment was he should have let the score speak for itself. Did he really need to call it out?? But, like I said earlier, it's a free country and people can act like they want.

I just posted the score. If u call that running up the score then thats u. If a team beats us by 40 or more me and my coach's gone wonder what we wrong with our game plan. If u had a chance to put 40 on Wos Jr. White u will. Like i said, we put kids in that never score a td in little league. So that tells u something (we work hard at what we do and take PROUD in it).   

Your missing the whole point(and you didnt just post the score, you talked smack), but I have no issue in you beating a team by 100 points if you follow the rules. It's obvious you don't get it.  I guess I'm not explaining myself clearly enough, but don't know how else to say it. So, for the sake of "GOOD SPORTSMANSHIP"..........GOOD GAME WOS!

Ok why speak on it. Until someone beat us i will have a lot to talk about. Remember we are the under dogs chasing Lumberton jr. White. 

WOS98, congrats on your victory today. Your team has the highest scoring offense in the league. The best defense in the league. As I see it, ya'll are the front runners and the rest of the league is hoping to just keep the scores respectable whenever they play ya'll. Keep up the good work!! :) :) :) :)

juniors

ned gold 21

wos white 0

WOS98, congrats on your victory today. Your team has the highest scoring offense in the league. The best defense in the league. As I see it, ya'll are the front runners and the rest of the league is hoping to just keep the scores respectable whenever they play ya'll. Keep up the good work!! :) :) :) :)

\

U R FULL OF IT RAIDER44!!! :D :D :D. How was ur game today? Better yet how bout them JAGS?

Whats so bad is that sportsnut72 has said nothing to WOS98 about the statement. The guy it was meant for and to took it like the joke it was. No malice was meant. WOS98 is a stand up guy. Quit doing this everytime WOS beats someone. No one does this when other teams spank people. No one screams of "running up the score" until WO-S wins lopsided. Chill on it!!!! We have alot of kids that want the ball and want to score. We can only pull back so much. No coach on this team is a bad guy or a poor sport. So he said he was 17 points off. Big Deal!! We dont need a sportsmanship lesson over here.

There are rules for a lopsided score Gas, that's the best way to keep it respectable.  Noboby expects anybody to kneel, that's a ridiculous comment and you know that.  If you want to discuss more, PM me.

Pee Wee:  

WO-S 13  PN-G Purple 6.

PN-G Purple wins on a forfeit, 1-0, for MPR violations.

Can anyone explain this game and what MPR violations?

if I'm not mistaken, every player must get a minimum of 10 plays per game.

Thanks... It is 10 plays per game just didn't know the MPR acronym... Too many acronyms to learn these days...  I haven't seen a game yet where this has been kept or checked in our games... Guess that is something to watch out for...

Whats so bad is that sportsnut72 has said nothing to WOS98 about the statement. The guy it was meant for and to took it like the joke it was. No malice was meant. WOS98 is a stand up guy. Quit doing this everytime WOS beats someone. No one does this when other teams spank people. No one screams of "running up the score" until WO-S wins lopsided. Chill on it!!!! We have alot of kids that want the ball and want to score. We can only pull back so much. No coach on this team is a bad guy or a poor sport. So he said he was 17 points off. Big Deal!! We dont need a sportsmanship lesson over here.

Sportsnut hasn't said anything because he's NOT associated with Ned Gold.  Just an observation, but if you only hear "running up the score" when WOS is involved, maybe there is a trend... either that or EVERYONE else is wrong.  Just an observation, take it for what it's worth.  WOS White, has a talented group of kids, they will be tough to hang with.

Seniors

WOS - 25                        Ned.Black - 35

Ned. White - 12                Little Cypress - 6

BC - ?                            PNG Purple - ?

Orangefield - ?                  Kountze - ?

Lum.White - ?                  Lum. Blue - ?

PNG White - ?                  BMT  - ?

Can anyonefill in these scores from the senior division.

Sportsnut hasn't said anything because he's NOT associated with Ned Gold.  Just an observation, but if you only hear "running up the score" when WOS is involved, maybe there is a trend... either that or EVERYONE else is wrong.  Just an observation, take it for what it's worth.  WOS White, has a talented group of kids, they will be tough to hang with.

never said i was with ned gold. what i put was a joke to 98 cause i knew he was wit wos white and he was gonna be playin gold. not even a predicion it was a joke and wos knows it was cause thay say it was funny. once he seen it i pulled it down ha ha good time. only people who got a problem is those that lost but what u expect to do with wos. you gonna lose that one. they a good team and they not gonna put 50 points on somebody cause what i said. they gonna put 50 on ya cause they can. even when they got their seconds in play. anyways it look like i owe ned gold a apology for getting 50 points put on em. so i sorry ned gold.  ;D