Post STJFL Week 5 scores

KDM 2

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whats so bad is that sportsnut72 has said nothing to WOS98 about the statement. The guy it was meant for and to took it like the joke it was. No malice was meant. WOS98 is a stand up guy. Quit doing this everytime WOS beats someone. No one does this when other teams spank people. No one screams of "running up the score" until WO-S wins lopsided. Chill on it!!!! We have alot of kids that want the ball and want to score. We can only pull back so much. No coach on this team is a bad guy or a poor sport. So he said he was 17 points off. Big Deal!! We dont need a sportsmanship lesson over here.

Sportsnut hasn't said anything because he's NOT associated with Ned Gold.  Just an observation, but if you only hear "running up the score" when WOS is involved, maybe there is a trend... either that or EVERYONE else is wrong.  Just an observation, take it for what it's worth.  WOS White, has a talented group of kids, they will be tough to hang with.

Penny, how many WOS white games have you been to? Have you watched how many different kids are put in? The rules are absolutely being followed. There have been weeks that we haven't played our first team. If our third team drives down the field and scores then that's what happens. If we reward our lineman that aren't LO's, by letting them run the ball and they score then they score. I have remained out of this conversation but enough is enough. Someone either show me where we have done something that was against the rules or even bad sportsmanship in a game or stop making accusations. It's not happening. We have 3 quarterbacks that can all play. We have alot of kids with speed and our line does it's job just as they are taught. So if you need or want to know more you can PM me. Again how many games have you been to? How many times have you kept of with how we change our backs out?

Does'nt the board have to review that MPR violation before they make a decision ????    It's not official yet on that yet is it??

GREAT JOB TO ALL TEAMS AND COACHES  !!!!   

EXCITING SEAON SO FAR !!!!

We played in the league for a couple of years and unless it changed from the new revised MPR rule, the MPR must be kept by the opposing team to enfoorce a forfiet. The opposing team also has the option to waive keeping the MPR. If they waive it, there is not protest. The way it was last year, if MPR is kept by the opposing team and the team in violation must forfiet. so I guess PNG kept the MPR for WOS and they did not get the players in. So I believe the board does not have to review it, both vcoaches sign the sheet at the nd of the game.

I think WOS White has an outstanding team, they will be tough to beat.  The rest is only observations, if the rules are being followed, ignore the observations.  I made no comment on it other than to observe.

Just as I thought. An observation from what? What you hear on a message board? Since you didn't respond to my question about how many games you have attended and or kept up with our players, I take it that you haven't observed anything at all.

TD & WOS 98, WOS is a class organization. I know a lot people over there. I think what got everything going is the comment about how many points were scored and was 17 points more. Most everyone knows you can make a changed n the backfield and run lineman etc. Just the fact someone from WOS seemed to bragging. I know he was rubbing it in as joke, but people dont take it that way.

TD & WOS 98, WOS is a class organization. I know a lot people over there. I think what got everything going is the comment about how many points were scored and was 17 points more. Most everyone knows you can make a changed n the backfield and run lineman etc. Just the fact someone from WOS seemed to bragging. I know he was rubbing it in as joke, but people dont take it that way.

this has really blown up.  I made the first post about the extra 17 points......speaking very specifically about this one comment.  I thought it was a great win, just thought the rubbing in of the extra 17 points was unneccessary.  Every time I have played WOS, they have been nothing but professional and showed good sportsmanship.......even when they kicked our butt.  My comments were to one person, NOT to the entire program.  I also know from reading these post for a couple years, that TD is a standup guy.......TD, no offense to you!

this has really blown up.  I made the first post about the extra 17 points......speaking very specifically about this one comment.  I thought it was a great win, just thought the rubbing in of the extra 17 points was unneccessary.  Every time I have played WOS, they have been nothing but professional and showed good sportsmanship.......even when they kicked our butt.  My comments were to one person, NOT to the entire program.  I also know from reading these post for a couple years, that TD is a standup guy.......TD, no offense to you!

I appreciate that. I get defensive and feel the need to defend our coaches when people start talking about running up the score. I understand your thoughts about the 17 points but that was a joke between two guys and maybe should have been made in a PM.

We have 2 main coaches and several other guys that contribute alot. Those guys allow me to "coach" with them. I'm a baseball guy, not football. If I could choose my boys coaches I would keep them with these guys through Jr high. They are good coaches and better motivators. Not only that there isn't a day goes by that the boys aren't talked to and taught about more than football. Therefore, you can see why I put my guard up and tend to defend these guys. The people that don't know them tend to misunderstand them. We have 3 QB's and 3 sets of running backs and every one of them knows the plays and they all play hard. It's hard not to score when the kids are coached as ours are. How do you tell a 3rd string backfield to lay down and not get his work in? We never know when we may need them.

I'm going to try to be done with this. No promises though.  ;D

I appreciate that. I get defensive and feel the need to defend our coaches when people start talking about running up the score. I understand your thoughts about the 17 points but that was a joke between two guys and maybe should have been made in a PM.

We have 2 main coaches and several other guys that contribute alot. Those guys allow me to "coach" with them. I'm a baseball guy, not football. If I could choose my boys coaches I would keep them with these guys through Jr high. They are good coaches and better motivators. Not only that there isn't a day goes by that the boys aren't talked to and taught about more than football. Therefore, you can see why I put my guard up and tend to defend these guys. The people that don't know them tend to misunderstand them. We have 3 QB's and 3 sets of running backs and every one of them knows the plays and they all play hard. It's hard not to score when the kids are coached as ours are. How do you tell a 3rd string backfield to lay down and not get his work in? We never know when we may need them.

Good post TD.......your right, my only issue was with the 17 point thing......but it's over.

Now looks like your only concern will be Lumberton White in the SuperBowl  ;D  ;D  ;D

No more or less an observation that missing your prediction by 17.  Both harmless.

Other than the fact that I didn't make any prediction much less missing one by 17. Whatever makes you feel better about your comments is fine with me. You are the one that said "running up the score was either a trend or EVERYONE else was wrong about us doing it".

Have a great day!

Good post TD.......your right, my only issue was with the 17 point thing......but it's over.

Now looks like your only concern will be Lumberton White in the SuperBowl   ;D   ;D   ;D

I don't know about that. The only week we will take lightly is this Saturday. Oh wait we have a bye.  ;D

Only 3 home games and we have a bye on one of them. There is nothing that can be done about it but it stinks for us. Good luck to everyone. Who knows we may meet Lumberton White before the Superbowl. I'm not sure how they make up the bracket so who knows. We should meet next time we play at the same place.

I just picked up a young man from Lumberton for my baseball team.  ;D

Now looks like your only concern will be Lumberton White in the SuperBowl   ;D   ;D   ;D

No one is gauranteed a superbowl berth. There is still alot of football left to be played this season before the playoffs. Upsets happen at all levels in sports. Do not forget about Nederland White. They seem to have a good thing going on over there too. This week we have PNG Purple. That is all we are thinking about. So Tragichippy, no one expected Lumberton White to make the Superbowl last year. It happened by hitting our stride at the right time. Do we all have another surprise in store for us this year? PNG White was talking about the Superbowl last year and didn't make it out of the first round. Lets slow our roll a little bit on Superbowl talk and take it one week at a time.

No one is gauranteed a superbowl berth. There is still alot of football left to be played this season before the playoffs. Upsets happen at all levels in sports. Do not forget about Nederland White. They seem to have a good thing going on over there too. This week we have PNG Purple. That is all we are thinking about. So Tragichippy, no one expected Lumberton White to make the Superbowl last year. It happened by hitting our stride at the right time. Do we all have another surprise in store for us this year? PNG White was talking about the Superbowl last year and didn't make it out of the first round. Lets slow our roll a little bit on Superbowl talk and take it one week at a time.

It's ANYONES game.....yor right.  Was just "joking" with TD.  I have been very impressed with Jr. Lumb. White, the coaching and the talent is good.  Again, I wish everyone "good Luck" , was just joking around with TD.

From this day on we we will not post any Wos Jr White Scores anymore. Its seem like when we score more then 40 points people say we're running up the score. So no one from our coaching staff will post our score. Let some one put 40 or more on us the running up the score card wouldn't be issue it would be call a great win against Wos. Stop crying and trying to put a bad name for us and just play football. Every week we gone play hard win or lose people.

I will post the Week 7 WOS Jr White score.......

We are playing them... ;D

Hoping to keep them under 100  ;)

Our coaching staff know for sure we could have reach the century mark in a game or two but we didn't. If that would've happen we would been ban for the STJFL. We just hope no one reach a 100 on us. :D. What i notice about other teams is that when they score a td on us its like they won the superbowl. :-X :-X. But when other teams score a td on us we or upset. :'( :'(. That's the differnce between us and them. Next week we have a bye. So the week after the bye we will tell our kids to score only 28 points so we can keep everybody happy. ;) ;). Then we gone tell them to let the other team score 14 points . ??? Then the running up the score card won't be issue. ??? ???

Hoping to keep them under 100  ;)

Our coaching staff know for sure we could have reach the century mark in a game or two but we didn't. If that would've happen we would been ban for the STJFL. We just hope no one reach a 100 on us. :D. What i notice about other teams is that when they score a td on us its like they won the superbowl. :-X :-X. But when other teams score a td on us we or upset. :'( :'(. That's the differnce between us and them. Next week we have a bye. So the week after the bye we will tell our kids to score only 28 points so we can keep everybody happy. ;) ;). Then we gone tell them to let the other team score 14 points . ??? Then the running up the score card won't be issue. ??? ???

Abviously you missed the point by some. Do you think your team is the only one that pitches shutouts and scores over 30, 40 points? NO! Just move on. 90% of the post have been understanding. I think you play the game by the rules. You said yall played by the rules, thats it move on. It does not matter who post, just be careful what you say, thats it. Good luck, play hard. By the way I have seen a lot favorites get knocked off early

TD & WOS98-------------------  It was my comment that  had the words  ((( running up the score )))      Please let me clear that up ,,,,,,,, I was not trying to make any kind of direct accusation that  ANY COACH ON ANY WOS,, team intentionally SET OUT TO demoralise or embarrass ANY other team !!!!  My only point was that  YES WOS has great coaching and some great talent ,,, we say that every week,,,,, IMO that score (((( 57/0 )))  reflects sure a great WOS team ,, but more of a poor MATCH UP of teams !!!

My appologies if my comment was taken has somehow  disrepectfull of WOS team or coaches!!!

I can assure you all I have every respect for WOS teams ,,,

Hoping to keep them under 100  ;)

Abviously you missed the point by some. Do you think your team is the only one that pitches shutouts and scores over 30, 40 points? NO! Just move on. 90% of the post have been understanding. I think you play the game by the rules. You said yall played by the rules, thats it move on. It does not matter who post, just be careful what you say, thats it. Good luck, play hard. By the way I have seen a lot favorites get knocked off early

About the favorites getting knocked off early (1) We don't think we're the favorites. Everybody put us the favorties.

(2) We take 1 week at a time.

(3) We're chasing Lumberton Jr.White and Nederland Jr. White

(4) It;s still alot of football to play

(5) WHEN WOS GET 40 PUT THEM WE DON;T CRY ABOUT IT WE MAKE ADJUSTMENTS

I second that  tragichippy !!!!!   I know our coaches have pulld our team back once they hit the 28 point diff,,,,,  I've heard him tell them that they are gona easy up !!!!  I dont think a team earns any respect by running up the score !! Maybe they are going for intimidation!!!      AND NO IM NOT TRYING TO STIR THE POT ,, CONGRATS ON THE WIN ,,,  I just think thats alittle much !!!! 

Just a question here, but how do you make a team "ease up" or better yet, how do you define that? Do you kneel the ball on every offensive play? Do you tell your RB's or QB that, if they see open field, fall down? Being someone who has coached a little, I'm just wondering because there are times that you sub out kids who have never even carried the ball in a game and they even score. Sometimes, it can't be helped. I think it's a bit ridiculous to automatically throw out the "running up the score" card. Sometimes, you just have so much more talent or speed that you either score or risk further embarassment for your opponent by kneeling the ball on first, second or third downs. This happens a lot in the youth leagues where that can be a huge difference in a teams abilities.

I'm not trying to stir the pot either, and I also don't have a child in this league, but I do read these pages all of the time and I think some folks are way to quick to throw out that a team "ran up the score".

There are rules for a lopsided score Gas, that's the best way to keep it respectable.  Noboby expects anybody to kneel, that's a ridiculous comment and you know that.  If you want to discuss more, PM me.

I will start this by saying that I'm glad everyone has said their piece now and have come to an understanding. After reading everything, it appears some things were taken out of context and some jokes between people were misunderstood. TD and WOS 92 are very good friends of mine and I do get offended when I see accusations made about their team. They have a ton of talent and sometimes you just can't help but score.

Now Penny, for you in particular. I realize the kneeling statement was ridiculous, it was intended to be. But, it is no more ridiculous than the incessant accusations of running up the score and even more directly, your insinuation that it is something that the WOS team does on a regular basis. The team we speak of is loaded with talent and speed. They have kids who rarely touch the ball that would start for most teams. Sometimes, it's just going to happen, that doesn't mean the coaches have some sort of malice or are breaking the rules. I assure you that those coaches know, because of the ability of their team and the potential for games to get out of hand, that they are under a microscope and go above and beyond to make sure that all I's are dotted and T's are crossed.

That being said

I second that  tragichippy !!!!!   I know our coaches have pulld our team back once they hit the 28 point diff,,,,,  I've heard him tell them that they are gona easy up !!!!  I dont think a team earns any respect by running up the score !! Maybe they are going for intimidation!!!      AND NO IM NOT TRYING TO STIR THE POT ,, CONGRATS ON THE WIN ,,,  I just think thats alittle much !!!! 

Just a question here, but how do you make a team "ease up" or better yet, how do you define that? Do you kneel the ball on every offensive play? Do you tell your RB's or QB that, if they see open field, fall down? Being someone who has coached a little, I'm just wondering because there are times that you sub out kids who have never even carried the ball in a game and they even score. Sometimes, it can't be helped. I think it's a bit ridiculous to automatically throw out the "running up the score" card. Sometimes, you just have so much more talent or speed that you either score or risk further embarassment for your opponent by kneeling the ball on first, second or third downs. This happens a lot in the youth leagues where that can be a huge difference in a teams abilities.

I'm not trying to stir the pot either, and I also don't have a child in this league, but I do read these pages all of the time and I think some folks are way to quick to throw out that a team "ran up the score".

There are rules for a lopsided score Gas, that's the best way to keep it respectable.  Noboby expects anybody to kneel, that's a ridiculous comment and you know that.  If you want to discuss more, PM me.

I will start this by saying that I'm glad everyone has said their piece now and have come to an understanding. After reading everything, it appears some things were taken out of context and some jokes between people were misunderstood. TD and WOS 92 are very good friends of mine and I do get offended when I see accusations made about their team. They have a ton of talent and sometimes you just can't help but score.

Now Penny, for you in particular. I realize the kneeling statement was ridiculous, it was intended to be. But, it is no more ridiculous than the incessant accusations of running up the score and even more directly, your insinuation that it is something that the WOS team does on a regular basis. The team we speak of is loaded with talent and speed. They have kids who rarely touch the ball that would start for most teams. Sometimes, it's just going to happen, that doesn't mean the coaches have some sort of malice or are breaking the rules. I assure you that those coaches know, because of the ability of their team and the potential for games to get out of hand, that they are under a microscope and go above and beyond to make sure that all I's are dotted and T's are crossed.

That being said

Good points Gasilla. The WOS football program is a good one and we need to move on.