UnSigned S.E. Texas Players

BLUEDOVE3

That kid from Central is Christian Smith, and yes he was a ninth grader last year.  He will be a good player, but if he continues to play football, his stock will take a nose dive too.

As far as AAU goes, its an awful instution and it does not help kids get looks or exposure as much as it claims it does.  If a kid can play, he will be noticed....AAU does not have anything to do with a kid being seen, as long as he plays for his respective high school.

Ah, here is a smart man! C'mon people! Name me a player who gained recognition by playing AAU ball!!!!

That kid from Central is Christian Smith, and yes he was a ninth grader last year.  He will be a good player, but if he continues to play football, his stock will take a nose dive too.

As far as AAU goes, its an awful instution and it does not help kids get looks or exposure as much as it claims it does.  If a kid can play, he will be noticed....AAU does not have anything to do with a kid being seen, as long as he plays for his respective high school.

I agree with you, DV. I think where these kids get the real exposure other than playing for their respective schools, is at the camps.

I know that in football, the recruiting services really specialize on the camps that the players attend. I was fortunate enough to be given a lot of insight on Silsbee's Jeremy Johnson's recruitment, and what I saw was a lot of emphasis on the camps that JJ attended. Yes, colleges knew about him from his playing games for Silsbee, but the services spread the word much greater with his camp appearances and how he performed at these camps. That's exposure. But, it still comes down to how you perform on the field in real games and that's why West Virginia wanted him.

I believe this is how it is in basketball too.

Aggies and DV are both correct.  The Camps are a big deal AAU games don't show scouts much but the AAU teams have certain interest grroups.  Kids that play for the Houston Hoops, etc. have shoe contracts and contacts that allow their kids a little more exposure.  I am not totally sure why Franks stock has dropped, but when I look at ESPN and Scouts.com Franks name is no where to be found.  There is a thread on here from his sophmore year that I posted omn the site that had his name on the ESPN's top 100.  Now he is like a ghost.

I agree with you, DV. I think where these kids get the real exposure other than playing for their respective schools, is at the camps.

I know that in football, the recruiting services really specialize on the camps that the players attend. I was fortunate enough to be given a lot of insight on Silsbee's Jeremy Johnson's recruitment, and what I saw was a lot of emphasis on the camps that JJ attended. Yes, colleges knew about him from his playing games for Silsbee, but the services spread the word much greater with his camp appearances and how he performed at these camps. That's exposure. But, it still comes down to how you perform on the field in real games and that's why West Virginia wanted him.

I believe this is how it is in basketball too.

Wow! And I thought Aggies were brainless. You have gotten to the meat and the potatoes, my boy :) Now you're on to something.

Some of us Aggies have a little bit of intelligence.

I do know that Dove's are mostly bird brains. ;)

Boy, I tell you, give an Aggie a mile and he wants to take an inch. Give an Aggie a degree, and he prefers a GED! ;)

Aggies aren't "given" degrees, they are earned. Then they are called BOSS!! ;) ;D

BTW, an inch over a mile is more than a mile. Thought I would help you out in that equation. ;)

Boy, I tell you, give an Aggie a mile and he wants to take an inch. Give an Aggie a degree, and he prefers a GED! ;)

Aggies aren't "given" degrees, they are earned. Then they are called BOSS!! ;) ;D

BTW, an inch over a mile is more than a mile. Thought I would help you out in that equation. ;)

::) ::)

So who calls you BOSS.......and don't say your wife or I will tell her!!!!

Oh no, she is the BOSS!! Masters degree from A&M trumps me.

I can remember when A&M was considerd a "hick" school. Curtis Dickey put that school on the map.

I can remember when A&M was considerd a "hick" school. Curtis Dickey put that school on the map.

Nah, Paul "Bear" Bryant did.

Nah, Paul "Bear" Bryant did.

Nope! Curtis Dickey! A&M was 'hick" school on a prairie somewhere. A&M  made a Cotton Bowl appearance in the 70's and their enrollment began to increase.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami