Vidor vs. Central Predictions? Game will Be Broadcasted Live at 7:10 Here!

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Jaguar-J

The majority of the people on this board seem to know that Central is going to win this game pretty easily(check out the pick ems). This week we will prove that Vidor was overrated @ the beginning of the season. Vidor might have a chance if we were a TAPPS school named ST. Central. ;D They are not prepared for this game and are probably already counting a 1 in their loss column.

Ch. 6 said game would be at Vidor but I thought is was at Central. Can anybody tell me where the game will be?

Babe Zaharias Stadium in Beaumont.

Should be played in Vidor.  Last year BISD said they were housing out of state electrical workers at the Babe (due to Ike) and the game could not be played at the Babe.  They said that it would not effect the next year game, in other words both games would be played in Vidor during this 2 year alignment.  Vidor even had the reserved tickets printed with the Central game in the ticket pack and being played in Vidor (when we pick up our tickets this year, the Central game ticket was torn out).  Well as you would know, BISD said they never agreed to that and basically went back on their statements from last year.

Anyway, no big deal I just thought I would give a little back ground on the issue.

The majority of the people on this board seem to know that Central is going to win this game pretty easily(check out the pick ems). This week we will prove that Vidor was overrated @ the beginning of the season. Vidor might have a chance if we were a TAPPS school named ST. Central. ;D They are not prepared for this game and are probably already counting a 1 in their loss column.

This is your assumption, stick to something that you know about.

Ch. 6 said game would be at Vidor but I thought is was at Central. Can anybody tell me where the game will be?

Babe Zaharias Stadium in Beaumont.

Should be played in Vidor.  Last year BISD said they were housing out of state electrical workers at the Babe (due to Ike) and the game could not be played at the Babe.  They said that it would not effect the next year game, in other words both games would be played in Vidor during this 2 year alignment.  Vidor even had the reserved tickets printed with the Central game in the ticket pack and being played in Vidor (when we pick up our tickets this year, the Central game ticket was torn out).  Well as you would know, BISD said they never agreed to that and basically went back on their statements from last year.

Anyway, no big deal I just thought I would give a little back ground on the issue.

Already making excuses?  ;D ;D

Vidor you are a spirited bunch of fans and I know you guys love your school!!! As for the kids they have made great strides and look to be very competitive and hard working.  I know the lineman wont quit on the blocks and the defense will leave their hearts on the field.  Thank you for being you!!! We look forward to a mighty clash Friday.  Remember that this game is at our home... This will be no easy place to play.  The offense that put up 21 points last year was not a scoring offense, it was a possession offense.  This years offense is a scoring offense and 21 is way too low of a number.  The defense is really tough and the line backers are ruthless...  We have seen a two headed monstar at PA Memorial that is probably the best running back crop in the area.  We can play the run best!!!!  So bring your stregnth and we will bring ours!!!!! 

[move][glow=red,2,300]PROVE ME WRONG[/glow][/move]

Jags 28 - Vidor 17 is the best you guys can hope for!!!! 

Vidor has strength  :D Thats hilarious :D

hahaha u can laugh all u want about vidor having strength but u weren't at the lineman chalange last year.they couldn't even finish half of the events without stopping and no doubt the only thing that they beat us on was a RUNNING event. they dropped the matt 4 times the drug it for 30 yards because they couldn'tpick it back up because they had some guys quit in the middle of the drill.yes vidor has strength u better believe it

"The majority of the people on this board seem to know that Central is going to win this game pretty easily" This is a rediculious statment! The people on this board don't know anything. Yes I am including myself in this statement. This is a football game that has not been played yet! Opinions and assumptions are fine to have, but they are not worth anything in the real world. We will all know the outcome when the clock ticks down to nothing on Friday night. Other than that we are all just blowing smoke and hoping our team will accept nothing less than a big win. Good luck to the Jags on Friday. I believe you will need it! On the other hand after the game I will be cheering for you guys to win the other games you play because I like the team, but during this game it is a war and as the Bible says "the violent take it by force!" Let the violence begin! :o

I have not heard anyone say that central is going to win this game easily, except for maybe one individual, and that was the same individual that said he was not impressed with beard from lumberton, I remembered that statement because I thought it was rediculous! easy win for central...not a probability!

"The majority of the people on this board seem to know that Central is going to win this game pretty easily" This is a rediculious statment! The people on this board don't know anything. Yes I am including myself in this statement. This is a football game that has not been played yet! Opinions and assumptions are fine to have, but they are not worth anything in the real world. We will all know the outcome when the clock ticks down to nothing on Friday night. Other than that we are all just blowing smoke and hoping our team will accept nothing less than a big win. Good luck to the Jags on Friday. I believe you will need it! On the other hand after the game I will be cheering for you guys to win the other games you play because I like the team, but during this game it is a war and as the Bible says "the violent take it by force!" Let the violence begin! :o

hey!  I picked Central but I don't feel confident at all.  I've seen both play and I THINK Central is better, but from what I've heard, the Kelly game was not Vidor's best.  I still think Central wins by 10, but I won't be shocked if Vidor pulls it out.

Vidor fans, what portion of the game do you think is advantage Vidor... Most folk just say we haven't seen a Vidor team like this.. What does that mean?

OK my Jags Stregths that are key to the win:

Ball security, they just haven't made BIG mistakes in this department this year.

LB's - These guys have a nose for the ball and play downhill.

RB's - We have two guys with big play ability.  Once in they get past the line backers watchout.

QB - plays smart and can deliver the ball

OL - These kids are not small and they stay on their blocks... Really haven't seen a Central line perform this way in a while.

DL - Play good containment for the LBs to make plays.

ST - returners are scary good

Weakness

WR's - Big and physical but tend to drop a few passes

K - The place holder and the kicker have not been on the sam page

OL - Still needs to improve on pass blocking

DL - Not quite big but technique is really good.

I think we overcome the weakness and win this game because Vidor can't handle our stregnths!

Vidor fans, what portion of the game do you think is advantage Vidor... Most folk just say we haven't seen a Vidor team like this.. What does that mean?

Ball security, they just haven't made BIG mistakes in this department this year.

RB's - We have two guys with big play ability.  Once in they get past the line backers watchout.

OL - These kids are not small and they stay on their blocks... Really haven't seen a Central line perform this way in a while.

Weakness

I think we overcome the weakness and win this game because Vidor can't handle our stregnths!

Dead on accurate!

Vidor's strengths? lol..

Confidence provided by Dave Campbell lol. That's about it.

Nah, I'm kidding. I've only seen two of their games, and really, the only thing I could say is

-Determination

-Effort

Weaknesses:

Defense is kind of slow, and doesn't wrap up. Goes for a lot of arm and shoestring tackles.

Secondary isn't bad on man coverage, but has no hands to create turnovers.

It's tough watching, cause in my day, defense was all we were known for.

I think it'll be an interesting game. If Vidor loses, I hope they keep it close. But Vidor has a tendancy to surprise me with how they play against teams they shouldn't compete with.

This group of guys are the most determined I have seen in a while. Dave Campbells picked them to win but they know they have to work for it. Coach Matthews made sure to let them know that if they want it they are gonna have to earn it. It will start this Friday and they Will make sure everyone knows they are ready to play. I sure hope Central can figure out which of the 3  backs has the ball, because if they dont then Vidor also can break the big play. They have did it quite a few times this season, plays of over 60-70 yards. They will run it right at you 50 times, and before the end of the game your line beackers wont be able to handle being hit by that big line. So bring it Central and you better be ready.  I give Central until the 3rd quarter before you see them having a hard time getting up. That fast group will turn into a bunch of jello legs.      Vidor 40  Central  28

Vidor's strengths? lol..

Confidence provided by Dave Campbell lol. That's about it.

Nah, I'm kidding. I've only seen two of their games, and really, the only thing I could say is

-Determination

-Effort

Weaknesses:

Defense is kind of slow, and doesn't wrap up. Goes for a lot of arm and shoestring tackles.

Secondary isn't bad on man coverage, but has no hands to create turnovers.

It's tough watching, cause in my day, defense was all we were known for.

I think it'll be an interesting game. If Vidor loses, I hope they keep it close. But Vidor has a tendancy to surprise me with how they play against teams they shouldn't compete with.

Good assesment and where is Hatch now?

Weakness

Dead on accurate!

For one thing your players will never know where the ball is coming from. The BIG O Line will bust open a hole and one of our very talented backs will bust through and go for about 40 before anyone will have a chance to catch up with him and if you think this is all we have , Get ready for a surprise! We have a very talented QB. He is very athletic and a play maker. Our defence is good and getting better. If you are coming in the air you may have some success, but it sounds like you guys are going to run so. Get ready to be stopped. You will not run against this defense! Come on Friday!

Weakness

alot of things could happen, and may happen.

Dead on accurate!

For one thing your players will never know where the ball is coming from. The BIG O Line will bust open a hole and one of our very talented backs will bust through and go for about 40 before anyone will have a chance to catch up with him and if you think this is all we have , Get ready for a surprise! We have a very talented QB. He is very athletic and a play maker. Our defence is good and getting better. If you are coming in the air you may have some success, but it sounds like you guys are going to run so. Get ready to be stopped. You will not run against this defense! Come on Friday!

After years of watching High School football, I must say I've seen just about everything. I've learned never to underestimate your opponent. In this case neither team should underestimate the other. As i always say, you never know how these teenage boys will respond. You just hope your team is up for the task. Both squads will be pumped for this match up. I just wish the best for my team. And if Vidor is as good as predicted, I will wish you all the best of luck, the rest of the season. ;) Now Get em Jags!!!!!

Weakness

alot of things could happen, and may happen.

Dead on accurate!

After years of watching High School football, I must say I've seen just about everything. I've learned never to underestimate your opponent. In this case neither team should underestimate the other. As i always say, you never know how these teenage boys will respond. You just hope your team is up for the task. Both squads will be pumped for this match up. I just wish the best for my team. And if Vidor is as good as predicted, I will wish you all the best of luck, the rest of the season. ;) Now Get em Jags!!!!!

Thanks BC, I am just having fun trash talking along with everyone else. This was a classey post! I agree with you on this one. I have always liked the Jags and will continue to do so AFTER FRIDAY NIGHT! ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder