Vidor vs. Central Predictions? Game will Be Broadcasted Live at 7:10 Here!

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Question: is Central better than last years team who went 4 deep in the playoffs. I don't know cause i haven't seen them play but from what i have heard they are if not better just as good but what i do know is Vidor only lost 21 to 20 to that team last year on a missed PAT and a fumble that was returned for a TD. Just like last years game mistakes can determine who wins this game. VIDOR WILL HAVE TO HOLD ON TO THE BALL AND MAKE SOME PAT'S IF THEY WANT TO WIN... its gonna be a good game...This years PIRATES TEAM is out to make a statement and it will start Friday night at Jaguars Stadium. I see it now............

BEAUMONT ENTERPRISE SATURDAYS HEADLINE SPORTS NEWS: Vidor WINS Vidor WINS....The PIRATES are for REAL.... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

GO PIRATES GO, GO PIRATES GO, GO PIRATES GO, GO PIRATES GO............................................................................................

Question: is Central better than last years team who went 4 deep in the playoffs. I don't know cause i haven't seen them play but from what i have heard they are if not better just as good but what i do know is Vidor only lost 21 to 20 to that team last year on a missed PAT and a fumble that was returned for a TD. Just like last years game mistakes can determine who wins this game. VIDOR WILL HAVE TO HOLD ON TO THE BALL AND MAKE SOME PAT'S IF THEY WANT TO WIN... its gonna be a good game...This years PIRATES TEAM is out to make a statement and it will start Friday night at Jaguars Stadium. I see it now............

BEAUMONT ENTERPRISE SATURDAYS HEADLINE SPORTS NEWS: Vidor WINS Vidor WINS....The PIRATES are for REAL.... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

GO PIRATES GO, GO PIRATES GO, GO PIRATES GO, GO PIRATES GO............................................................................................

:-\  Here we go...

This year's Central team possibly could be better than last year's team in that this year's offense is definatley better.  Defense appears to be on that same level.    I just want you to know that last year's Vidor team started off 3-0 also and had a good RB in Reynolds.  I would see this Vidor's team on the same level as last years team.  Not taking nothing away from this years team, as they were pretty good.  I see us wining this one.  It will be a major Statement game for both squads.  Central to prove the folks that didn't even pick us to make the playoffs.  Vidor to prove that the Pirates have turned the corner and that they are ready to step to the next level and be serious contenders in this district...

This year's Central team possibly could be better than last year's team in that this year's offense is definatley better.  Defense appears to be on that same level.    I just want you to know that last year's Vidor team started off 3-0 also and had a good RB in Reynolds.  I would see this Vidor's team on the same level as last years team.  Not taking nothing away from this years team, as they were pretty good.  I see us wining this one.  It will be a major Statement game for both squads.  Central to prove the folks that didn't even pick us to make the playoffs.  Vidor to prove that the Pirates have turned the corner and that they are ready to step to the next level and be serious contenders in this district...

The same level as last years team hmmmmmm NOT, yeah we had Reynolds (he was good) but this year we have Tate 330 yards in three games Pittman 315 yards in three games Peevy 311 in three game(and he was hurt in two of those games and didnt play after halftime in either one)...yeah yeah look who we have played i know... the fact is it all starts this Friday Night... good luck to yall...

Last Year Our QB Micheal Richard was better than this yrs QB..But Overall Our offense is better No doubt.

Defense I think will be On the Same level As last years Group..I don't think you can do much better than last years D..They were very Good..This Years Defense is Fast..so Video will have to run up the middle if they want positive yards..But they may not be good either Cause our LB's are the best group on the Team..Maybe 1pt behind the RB's :D

The final score is a little misleading. Central jumped out to like a 21 point lead and got complacent. That's what allowed Vidor to get back in the game.

The final score is a little misleading. Central jumped out to like a 21 point lead and got complacent. That's what allowed Vidor to get back in the game.

The scoring went as follows:

7-0 Central at the half

14-0 Central

14-7 Central

21-7 Central end of 3rd

21-14 Central

21-20 Central  Vidor misses game tieing PAT

Central never had a 21 point lead at anytime. The Jags hardly became complacent during the second half of this game. It was a battle the whole game.

It sounds like that happened in yalls game last week...They got complacent and let yall come back and win. Oh wait, not Central you guys made adjustments at half time right and thats why the out come was different right Vidor  probably didn't do that last year..whatever!!!!

Our 34 unanswered points actually started in the second quarter, so I don't think it was much of halftime ajustments.  I guess we just turned it on when we realized that we shouldn't be letting a team like this think they can actually win.  You know, Kinda how North Shore was losing to LaMarque 20-6 then they roared on to score like 40 something unaswered points...

That's my point GOOD TEAMS make ajustments during games or at halftime...but to say "The final score is a little misleading. Central jumped out to like a 21 point lead and got complacent. That's what allowed Vidor to get back in the game." is just dumb...Vidor made ajustments  and made it a game....

Vidor you are a spirited bunch of fans and I know you guys love your school!!! As for the kids they have made great strides and look to be very competitive and hard working.  I know the lineman wont quit on the blocks and the defense will leave their hearts on the field.  Thank you for being you!!! We look forward to a mighty clash Friday.  Remember that this game is at our home... This will be no easy place to play.  The offense that put up 21 points last year was not a scoring offense, it was a possession offense.  This years offense is a scoring offense and 21 is way too low of a number.  The defense is really tough and the line backers are ruthless...  We have seen a two headed monstar at PA Memorial that is probably the best running back crop in the area.  We can play the run best!!!!  So bring your stregnth and we will bring ours!!!!! 

[move][glow=red,2,300]PROVE ME WRONG[/glow][/move]

Jags 28 - Vidor 17 is the best you guys can hope for!!!! 

Guest Jaguar-J

Vidor you are a spirited bunch of fans and I know you guys love your school!!! As for the kids they have made great strides and look to be very competitive and hard working.  I know the lineman wont quit on the blocks and the defense will leave their hearts on the field.  Thank you for being you!!! We look forward to a mighty clash Friday.  Remember that this game is at our home... This will be no easy place to play.  The offense that put up 21 points last year was not a scoring offense, it was a possession offense.  This years offense is a scoring offense and 21 is way too low of a number.  The defense is really tough and the line backers are ruthless...  We have seen a two headed monstar at PA Memorial that is probably the best running back crop in the area.  We can play the run best!!!!  So bring your stregnth and we will bring ours!!!!! 

[move][glow=red,2,300]PROVE ME WRONG[/glow][/move]

Jags 28 - Vidor 17 is the best you guys can hope for!!!! 

Vidor has strength  :D Thats hilarious :D

The final score is misleading! I love that!!! And if Vidor had won it would have been really misleading! LOL ;D ;D ;D ;D ::)

Peevey, Pittman, and Tate vs. O'Neal, Daw, and Heard.  Should be interesting.  One group have played against cupcake defenses, and the other group have played against fast athletic defenses.  I think you know who will win this battle.

Soul Man these guys played every 20 4A team last year! These are not freshmen. They are hardened Varsity players that have already faced a Central team last year. I also believe the Central team from last would beat this years version! ;D

Very good points VP. I believe this years version of the Jags is not as good as last years! We will see, BTW this years version of the Pirates is the same as last year, except much bigger, stronger, and faster! You do the math!

This year's Central team possibly could be better than last year's team in that this year's offense is defiantly better.  Defense appears to be on that same level.    I just want you to know that last year's Vidor team started off 3-0 also and had a good RB in Reynolds.  I would see this Vidor's team on the same level as last years team.  Not taking nothing away from this years team, as they were pretty good.  I see us wining this one.  It will be a major Statement game for both squads.  Central to prove the folks that didn't even pick us to make the playoffs.  Vidor to prove that the Pirates have turned the corner and that they are ready to step to the next level and be serious contenders in this district...

Soul Man I agree with some of this, but one point needs to be made. Last year Vidor killed themselves with fumbles. Other than the wet HJ game fumbling has not been a problem this year. If we can keep possession of the ball we should pull this out!

The only way this Year's team can prove if they are better than last year's bunch is if they go farther in the playoffs or win a district championship.  We'll never know how they fair head to head.

For what it's worth, This year's Jags definatly hit harder than last year's bunch.  Which will probably produce more turnovers or more intimidation...

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder