Vidor vs. Central Predictions? Game will Be Broadcasted Live at 7:10 Here!

Vidor fans, what portion of the game do you think is advantage Vidor... Most folk just say we haven't seen a Vidor team like this.. What does that mean?

OK my Jags Stregths that are key to the win:

Ball security, they just haven't made BIG mistakes in this department this year.

LB's - These guys have a nose for the ball and play downhill.

RB's - We have two guys with big play ability.  Once in they get past the line backers watchout.

QB - plays smart and can deliver the ball

OL - These kids are not small and they stay on their blocks... Really haven't seen a Central line perform this way in a while.

DL - Play good containment for the LBs to make plays.

ST - returners are scary good

Weakness

WR's - Big and physical but tend to drop a few passes

K - The place holder and the kicker have not been on the sam page

OL - Still needs to improve on pass blocking

DL - Not quite big but technique is really good.

I think we overcome the weakness and win this game because Vidor can't handle our stregnths!

Dead on accurate!

For one thing your players will never know where the ball is coming from. The BIG O Line will bust open a hole and one of our very talented backs will bust through and go for about 40 before anyone will have a chance to catch up with him and if you think this is all we have , Get ready for a surprise! We have a very talented QB. He is very athletic and a play maker. Our defence is good and getting better. If you are coming in the air you may have some success, but it sounds like you guys are going to run so. Get ready to be stopped. You will not run against this defense! Come on Friday!

We've seen a team that run your kind of offense already this year and they had a super elusive QB, which makes it super tough to stop.  After a few adjustments they were shut out.  We will not be suprised on where the ball comes from. 

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok... Ltes clear this up.... No way Vidor wins by a score of more than one touchdow.  Vidor cannot and will not blowout Central.  In fact, I really can't see Vidor beating this Jag team.  It will  have to be through the air because even with the allstar line, our linebckers have a nose for the ball.  Becareful of the Jags in the second half, they play lights out after halftime.  Vidor could try an punch the middle but the outside is out of the question...  Central will win and score 28 points.  A strong first half will give Vidor 17!!!! 3 in the second half.

That nose for the ball will be useful when they have to chase down the Vidor backs to the endzone.  Vidor's offense is just too much.  They were holding out nearly all their plays for district.  Vidor will win easy.  My prediction is 42-20.  It will be a big wake up call to the district.

We will make the Pirates 'walk da plank'!   ;D

Soul Man what happened to your Freshmen and JV teams? The Vidor kids smoked them tonight! Looks like you guys are more talk than walk! Oh I know, you have all of the talent on the Varsity team right? Come on Friday night!!!!!!!!! ;D

Me personally, I don't follow our Freshman or JV teams.  Also, I wouldn't put much stock in that.  The real battle is tomorrow.  I'm sure our big boys won't like how yall smacked our subvarsity teams around like that.   ;D ;D

I bet they won't! We ar just about there! Come on Friday night! Does anyone know about the condition of the field?

Guest Jaguar-J

Yeah beat our freshman and JV teams but you will not beat the varsity Jags. I heard that BISD ordered 1500 boxes of kleenex and will be handed them out at the gate on the Vidor side after the game. This way yall can wipe away the tears after THE JAGS beat them Peerats down.

Yeah beat our freshman and JV teams but you will not beat the varsity Jags. I heard that BISD ordered 1500 boxes of kleenex and will be handed them out at the gate on the Vidor side after the game. This way yall can wipe away the tears after THE JAGS beat them Peerats down.

:D Field conditions?

weather also

weather also

What do you mean? I am wondering if the field is really wet at this point?

To answer on field conditions, Babe is always is terrible place to play at. Huge divets on the, mounds of ants and the field is not level on any point. Not making excuses it will play the same for both. In my experience, which i based on a few years back, Babe was the worst field I played. Now that's my personal oppinion take as you wish. Now as far Vidor's line not being strong is a lie. There are several of their lineman that hold state and national records in various powerlifting associations, which is not easy to come across because I powerlift in opposing associations myself and know that to obtain one of those records is a great feat. Also, as mentioned before, I was present at the lineman challenge last where the Jags got beat. I know yall say football can't be compared to a lineman challenge and thats true, but a lineman challenge is based on three major components, Endurance Mental Toughness and Desire to finish the task at hand while promising your teammates to not give up on them. On several of the events, one in particular where the boys were asked to carry a 600 lbs mat between 6 of them, the Jags lineman deliberatly quit and refused to proceed in the event. The only way they finished was with the coach standing 3 yards away from them yelling so loud people on the other end of town could hear him. Now with this being said I hope it's a good game with my Pirates coming out on top. I hope Coach Mathews has prepared them properly for the tough matchup to take place in approximately 19 hours!

To answer on field conditions, Babe is always is terrible place to play at. Huge divets on the, mounds of ants and the field is not level on any point. Not making excuses it will play the same for both. In my experience, which i based on a few years back, Babe was the worst field I played. Now that's my personal oppinion take as you wish. Now as far Vidor's line not being strong is a lie. There are several of their lineman that hold state and national records in various powerlifting associations, which is not easy to come across because I powerlift in opposing associations myself and know that to obtain one of those records is a great feat. Also, as mentioned before, I was present at the lineman challenge last where the Jags got beat. I know yall say football can't be compared to a lineman challenge and thats true, but a lineman challenge is based on three major components, Endurance Mental Toughness and Desire to finish the task at hand while promising your teammates to not give up on them. On several of the events, one in particular where the boys were asked to carry a 600 lbs mat between 6 of them, the Jags lineman deliberatly quit and refused to proceed in the event. The only way they finished was with the coach standing 3 yards away from them yelling so loud people on the other end of town could hear him. Now with this being said I hope it's a good game with my Pirates coming out on top. I hope Coach Mathews has prepared them properly for the tough matchup to take place in approximately 19 hours!

Ahhh.  Excuses start to roll in now.  I knew it wouldn't be long untill this happens.  Now you want to compare a totally different sport to football to make yourself feel like  you have an edge.  ::)  ::)

Ahhh.  Excuses start to roll in now.  I knew it wouldn't be long untill this happens.  Now you want to compare a totally different sport to football to make yourself feel like  you have an edge.  ::)  ::)

Field was in bad shape.

Excuses....  I wonder if anyone  took time to read my signature...  ::)

Hold on a minute, don't lump me into the "excuse" makers. Both teams have to play on the field, regardless of conditions. I never once said it was or wasn't an advantage for any team. Let's make that perfectly clear.

My concern was that it looked like BISD just let that field go since they will not be playing there after this year. I have seen many a playing field in my time, that is one of the worst. Plain and simple. Nobody has St. Augustine grass playing fields, c'mon.

Excuses....  I wonder if anyone  took time to read my signature...  ::)

Soulja that is just 1 of many to come from the vidor fans. I am sure u already know this though, it is never their fault, blame always has to fall elsewhere in vtown, when things don't go their way. I cant wait to hear more excuses as the day goes on, and then especially after the game.

Excuses....  I wonder if anyone  took time to read my signature...  ::)

Hold on a minute, don't lump me into the "excuse" makers. Both teams have to play on the field, regardless of conditions. I never once said it was or wasn't an advantage for any team. Let's make that perfectly clear.

My concern was that it looked like BISD just let that field go since they will not be playing there after this year. I have seen many a playing field in my time, that is one of the worst. Plain and simple. Nobody has St. Augustine grass playing fields, c'mon.

Not lumping you.  I was lumping the Vidor fans since he rang in the first excuse.  (well, maybe you, AAW, since you picked Vidor to beat us.  ;D )

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83