LaMarque and North Shore...NS Wins/Comments

B.M.F.

it seems since lumberton beat them in the playoffs that year   they havnt been the same!

Yea you guys really put a hurting to us and you got it pegged Einstein. We played Northshore fella...a 5A powerhouse who has 3 times more the enrollment than us. I'd say 44-34 is respectable however if you disagree I'm sure Lumberton could call Northshore and schedule them next year and find out for themselves what we were up against?

it seems since lumberton beat them in the playoffs that year   they havnt been the same!

Yea you guys really put a hurting to us and you got it pegged Einstein. We played Northshore fella...a 5A powerhouse who has 3 times the enrollment than us. I'd say 44-34 is respectable however if you disagree I'm sure Lumberton could call Northshore and schedule them next year and find out for themselves what we were up against?

Coog88, looks like LaMarque is starting to get that old swagger back. That's a very good showing against a great North Shore team.

it seems since lumberton beat them in the playoffs that year   they havnt been the same!

Yea you guys really put a hurting to us and you got it pegged Einstein. We played Northshore fella...a 5A powerhouse who has 3 times the enrollment than us. I'd say 44-34 is respectable however if you disagree I'm sure Lumberton could call Northshore and schedule them next year and find out for themselves what we were up against?

Coog88, looks like LaMarque is starting to get that old swagger back. That's a very good showing against a great North Shore team.

We're getting there but we still are a very young team with tons of sophomores playing many skilled positions including the QB as well as 1 of the excellent running backs. I appreciate the kind comments and I must say when I saw the size of Northshore in comparison to our kids, I was like Whoa! I'll be the 1st to admit we were out-maned as it was scary to be looking directly at the mirror image of your team in the sense of athletes and speed but with a significant size advantage. We will play a few rounds into the playoffs perhaps but our time to seriously contend for another title starts next year and will vastly improve the following year. Northshore has some hosses and 2 of their kids ran on the winning 5A 4X100 relay team last year. Although they beat us they were a classy group of kids who were well coached and I have great respect for their program!

The lost to lumberton's little one year wonder team doesn't have anything to do with this team.This is a different coaching staff.I see alot of teams in the Setex playing 3A or 4A door mats.But beleive me when I tell you North Shore may have only one ring but they have at least 10 D1 players on that team.They have a frist class program.LM will play anyone anywhere.

Guest BIG HOUSE

coog88 and gman..... LaMarque was really classy when Lumberton beat them in 07, if you call kicking,screaming,whinning, and not shaking hands classy..

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

coog88 and gman..... LaMarque was really classy when Lumberton beat them in 07, if you call kicking,screaming,whinning, and not shaking hands classy..

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Bighouse like I said on my other posting that was a different head coach and staff.We had a group that were not as coachable.They are gone and that is not a problem that we will not have with this coach.We have played and lost some games that were bigger than the one we lost to lumberton and that has never happen before.You don't win five state champonship with uncoachable kids.

Not fair to judge these young kids by those that have left including some coaches.When nobody gives em their due they almost did the unthinkable against a powerhouse NS squad that went toe to toe w/Katy earlier.Coogs record is awesome and the former HC during those glory days is untouchable.Lumberton outplayed LaMarque in 07 granted and it was not respectable what was said and done after but this year remains to be seen should the 2 meet again well lets hope it is respectable.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder