Smith prevails in first start for Nederland

AggiesAreWe

A very good job by Tyler and crew but the defense has got to get much better to even get the 4th playoff spot.

Let's see now almost everyone on the defense started in a new position, plus several that were new on defense. The first half was a learning experience but the second half they began to put pressure on the Waller offense. This group will continue to get better so I wouldn't put a lot of stock in the battle for 4th! A new RB and a new QB and we still scored 27 points and I am sure someone can figure out how to spin this into the Dogs at best getting to 5th place. But I wouldn't bet the farm on that!

A very good job by Tyler and crew but the defense has got to get much better to even get the 4th playoff spot.

Let's see now almost everyone on the defense started in a new position, plus several that were new on defense. The first half was a learning experience but the second half they began to put pressure on the Waller offense. This group will continue to get better so I wouldn't put a lot of stock in the battle for 4th! A new RB and a new QB and we still scored 27 points and I am sure someone can figure out how to spin this into the Dogs at best getting to 5th place. But I wouldn't bet the farm on that!

Good post. I wasn't able to make the game for my work. How did Tyler look? Did he have some good composure? It's what I look for in a QB. I hear the out and up was dead on. I hear they moved Lovelady to bandit. How did he look? Thanks.

First Tyler Smith - I have watched a lot of Dog Ball over the years with some really good QB's, but very few have displayed the skill to make good decisions in their first start at QB. On our go ahead drive in the 4th I think we were like 3rd and 5. Most young QB's when they are under pressure have a tendency to just run the ball. Tyler rolled a little to his right and was under a lot of pressure, he kept his eyes down field because just as he started to roll right Brady broke to the inside. Tyler spotted him pulled up and threw a half side arm dart, this ball was on a rope and hit Brady for about six or seven.  A few plays later he moves out of the pocket spots Brady break clear and drops a in stride bomb for 38 yards. Not bad for your first start!

Lovelady - Had a solid game, played hard and made some good things happen. he blocked a punt for our first score. The defense never gave up and they learned as the game went, they put themselves in positions all night to defense passes, they missed a few, but they made many big plays.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    monebi
    Newest Member
    monebi