Help me get caught up fellas...

He came in last season when Bellow got hurt in the playoff game vs. CE King and drove us down for the game winning TD. He looked really good in that game.

He came in against WO-S at the beginning of the 4th when Bellow got hurt two weeks ago and had a rough time. I suspect it was from the very small number of snaps that he had probably taken with the first team offense.

All in all I think he will be a good QB this season. I have not heard how he is looking in practice or anything like that. I do know though that he is a winner just like Sampere and Bellow were before him.

This situation is so eerily similar to the Sampere/Bellow(and Delage/Dean years ago) situation and we all know that turned out fine. I suspect this will as well and he will blossom into one of the area's best QB's over the next 2 seasons.

He came in last season when Bellow got hurt in the playoff game vs. CE King and drove us down for the game winning TD. He looked really good in that game.

He came in against WO-S at the beginning of the 4th when Bellow got hurt two weeks ago and had a rough time. I suspect it was from the very small number of snaps that he had probably taken with the first team offense.

All in all I think he will be a good QB this season. I have not heard how he is looking in practice or anything like that. I do know though that he is a winner just like Sampere and Bellow were before him.

This situation is so eerily similar to the Sampere/Bellow(and Delage/Dean years ago) situation and we all know that turned out fine. I suspect this will as well and he will blossom into one of the area's best QB's over the next 2 seasons.

I thought Hood came in when Dean got hurt...

Ahhh... Yet another example that I forgot about. Dean came in vs. Vidor when Delage got hurt and you are right that Hood came in once Dean got hurt the next season. This has been a common theme in Nederland.

Ahhh... Yet another example that I forgot about. Dean came in vs. Vidor when Delage got hurt and you are right that Hood came in once Dean got hurt the next season. This has been a common theme in Nederland.

Didn't Barbay come in for Sullivan in a playoff game?

Honestly, I wouldnt mind seeing us going back to the power game. we would eat up the clock and keep the D off the field to get some rest. Even when the spread is clicking the D is on the field alot and tire out in the 4th qtr.

I have noticed the same at PNG, but one thing Kroeker and company does like crazy is substitute. Unreal how many subs they run in and out on defense, especially on the line.

From what Im told, the spread hasnt been scraped. But they have been working out of the "I" and pro sets some. Im sure some adjustments,  or tweaks have been made to benefit strengths and weaknesses. One thing you can take to the bank, Larry will coach em up and squeeze out every drop.

I would love it if we would get back to the power "I" and pro sets. We could run the spread in certain situations to keep defenses off balance. I have never been a big fan of us running the spread. We use up most of the play clock looking to the sidelines for a play while the defense gets to take their time getting in position. Hope to see us mix it up more!

Guest Brubaker

We have the option to do this, running spread/I/pro... we can almost do that with the personnel we have on the field in the spread.  Keep the defenses spread package in, stay in the no huddle, pound and spread, I'd love to see some ol 56 sweep again... those were the days.

I would love it if we would get back to the power "I" and pro sets. We could run the spread in certain situations to keep defenses off balance. I have never been a big fan of us running the spread. We use up most of the play clock looking to the sidelines for a play while the defense gets to take their time getting in position. Hope to see us mix it up more!

In practice they have been working on the power I.  We should see alot more plays with a TE and FB on the field.  Guess we will find out tonight.

We have the option to do this, running spread/I/pro... we can almost do that with the personnel we have on the field in the spread.  Keep the defenses spread package in, stay in the no huddle, pound and spread, I'd love to see some ol 56 sweep again... those were the days.

I, pro, spread, 56, man i'm confused.  I know a 6-4-3 douple play and it's usually is a good thing.

Let's win one tonight, Dogs.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder