Hardin V. Shepard...Predictions?

Liberty has been terrible for years, they were handed their butts last year in the scrimmage against Hardin and were scared to play us this year. But I will say, for the kids sake, I hope they do well. Hardin knows first hand what it's like to lose, but we no longer accept losing, we let the coaches "coach" and keep the parents out of the huddle, maybe Liberty should try this.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coach Haynes dropped Liberty (Liberty woulda gladly scrimmaged Hardin instead of having the intrasquad that they did). Scrimmage last year won by Liberty (if you can 'win' a scrimmage). Heard Liberty and Hardin play a real game next year. So, guess things will get settled early next year  :)

Liberty still wont win next year either. Hardin will still have most of their players returning.

Actually, I believe Shepherd will surprise some people including Hardin this week.  Don't let last weeks score fool you.  Caldwell is a really good team.  Big, strong, fast, and they do what they do really well.  Not saying Hardin isn't good, but I don't think they are in Caldwells class.  While I'm at it, I will predict that Shepherd will get 2 or 3 wins in district.  I know thats not going to win any prize, but its a start.

Its Shepherd.

Hardin by 3 TD's.

If Hardin wants to prove themselves they need to play some better teams. Not Shepherd, Tarkington, and HD.

I have to agree with you on this one, could be long night for the Hornets.  Going with the Hornets by 3.  This should be a great game, rain could hurt the Hornets passing attack.

Haha. Shepherd might have a chance at our jv. And thats being serious. I dont see Shepherd playing with Liberty. How do they plan on keeping up with our backs? How do they plan on not getting run over by our line. Theyre dline is going to get pounded play after play and they are going to have to hold up. Since I was in 7th grade weve put up at least 30 against Shepherd. At least. I dont think they have the speed or stregth to hold their own.

And Liberty has played two decent 21-3A team that, if you asked anyone during the summer they would have said should have killed Liberty by at least 3 td's. So I would say Liberty has done a good job of preping themselves for district. They play Kirbyville in a week and I can bet Hardin would get 70 put up on them by them. Which I remind you is a 2a school. Liberty has always played better schools, in my opinion, in the predistrict. That is more than I think some schools do.

Are you tooting your own horn beause HF is terrible. returning only 6 players.  Liberty will win only 1 district game and it will be against Tarkington.

So..I'm trying to figure out how many days it will take you to post again at the end of this season whenever Liberty takes that 3rd playoff spot...

First Cleveland Coldsprings Huffman waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay down the line Liberty.

Coach Haynes dropped Liberty (Liberty woulda gladly scrimmaged Hardin instead of having the intrasquad that they did). Scrimmage last year won by Liberty (if you can 'win' a scrimmage). Heard Liberty and Hardin play a real game next year. So, guess things will get settled early next year  :)

Coach Haynes dropped Liberty because when it came to live quarters Libertys Deel took his ball and went home.  In this scrimmage Stelly and Villemez saw very little time. 

Deel didnt wanna play live? why?

Thats pretty gay.

Cause he just got thru watching his team get embarrased and wanted to stop the bleeding!

This made me laugh.

For starters this scrimmage would have been the first of the season. Thus, preventing the Panthers from yet being embarrased by anyone. And secondly, Liberty would probably take a live quarter from Hardin. If Hardin could barely score on us in a scrimmage, where they had plenty of plays to do so, I doubt they could do it with just four downs.

Nice try though BUSTpilot

Deel didnt wanna play live? why?

Thats pretty gay.

Cause he just got thru watching his team get embarrased and wanted to stop the bleeding!

This made me laugh.

For starters this scrimmage would have been the first of the season. Thus, preventing the Panthers from yet being embarrased by anyone. And secondly, Liberty would probably take a live quarter from Hardin. If Hardin could barely score on us in a scrimmage, where they had plenty of plays to do so, I doubt they could do it with just four downs.

Nice try though BUSTpilot

There's no doubt, Hardin was still on the field waiting to start the live quarters and Liberty left, plain and simple. You were scared!!!

I was staning on the field whenever they both decieded not to do the live quarter. So...ya. Mutual handshake kinda thing.

Not even close to accurate. It was a head scratcher when Coach D ended the scrimmage. Nobody shuts it down like he did. It was half way over when he said we're done. It was a waste of a scrimmage and Hardin said not ever again with this guy. You have do get your work in during these scrimmages and this one was a waste of time.

I think weve already gone over this once before.

OK, were all on the field, finished what was scheduled to go down.

Uh, panthaplay, I was standing 10 feet from Liberty's coach when he said they were done and didn't want to do a full quarter of play, so maybe you should get your facts straight. As far as the 4-1, I stated Liberty had more depth, their second and third team were better than our second team. But as far as first team goes, ya'll were no match. We handled you soundly and your coaches obviously were scared to to do a full quarter so your team didn't get embarrased by a small 2A school. But, I live in Liberty, so I do hope you get at least one win this year, but after Saturday I'm not sure it will happen. One other thing, on both of your first team touchdowns, you had several penalties that were called, but we let you keep the ball where it was, we didn't move you back. And also like I stated,you used almost 30 plays to score your two touchdowns, we used less than 15. So,I would call that a pretty good day for Hardin.

I guess the funniest thing about trash talk in this district is that the people that run their mouth the most are usually from the worst teams. Nobody from cleveland and coldspring get on here to talk trash for their team, it's always LIBERTY, Tarkington, & Shepherd. Get over yourself and your team PANTHERPLAYER. It's one thing to support, but another to make ludacris statements about how good a team is when they are obviously on a decline. Enjoy that "great" season that plays on over and over in your head while the rest of us watch history repeat itself.

man maybe someone should start a liberty thread so this guy (pantherplaya09) has somewhere else to post besides hardin threads... i'll go start one.. yall look for the new thread.. liberty takes 3rd this year...loaded with all-stars!!! geez.....

now back to the main topic... lets go hornets!!!

sorry guys its my fault that pantherplaya09 is still talkin on this thread.. i totally forgot to create that other thread... i'll tell you what pantherplaya you go create the thread and we will all meet you there....... promise.......  ;):D

I think if you goback and read this thread you'll see that its all been two ppl _ bushpilot and back in the day.

I'm trying to have actual discussion and these two cats cant stop talking about hardin v. liberty.

But, of course im going to stand behind my old school whenever these two^ talk about Liberty like were dirt.

No offense but you got on some of the Hardin backers nerves with your comments on the HD vs Hardin. That is where it probably started. Dish it out and you better be able to take it. Just my opinion on this whole fiasco.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder