who are the best track athletes to come out of this area?

Sprinters

Hurdlers

Relay Teams

Jumpers

PA had the blazing fast Hurdler a few years ago, and Bryan Bronson from Jasper ran the hurdles in the olympics.

Relay Team you have to mention Jasper's 39.9 team.

Triple Jump Jasper had a kid set the State Record a few years ago at the state meet and come in 2nd at the same meet :)

High Jump couple 7 foot jumpers come to mind.

I was at the meet in Tarkington when Eisbach set one of his many records.

Sprinters Jamaal Charles most recent, but there have been many state champs in the area.

sprinters in no specific order...

marlon ramsey(WB), ivory williams(CENTRAL), bradley perry(PA), bennie chatmen(CENTRAL), freddie strange(OZEN), wallace franklin(OZEN), john lewis(PA)

hurdlers

jamal charles(PA)

jumpers

rickey wilson(PA), eric henderson(OZEN), chad coleman(CENTRAL)

relay team (West Brooks) 1995 State Championship 4 x400 Meter Relay

(Ozens) 2005 4x400 Meter Relay Team

(PA Memorials) 2002 State Record Holder 4x200 Meter Relay Team

Without a doubt, the most successful and most dominant track athlete in this area to graduate recently is Aaron Brannen of BC. His PR's were 9:39; 4:20; and 1:59. His senior year he was state champ in Cross, the 2 mile, and the 1 mile. His Junior year he was runner up in all three.

Also without a doubt, the most successful and dominant track athlete in HS right now is Drew Bean of LCM. He's been breaking Aaron's records, and is closing in on a sub 15 minute three mile. He is by far the most disciplined hard working HS athlete in the area.

On a side note, the greatest race I ever saw was these two guys racing in the mile at OF. They were neck and neck the entire way, with Aaron narrowly outkicking the younger Bean to win by one second. (4:20 - 4:21)

Jonathan Smith from Ozen could have been a great one if he would have had the right attitude. Saw him split about 46.8 at TSU on the mile relay. Young man could run.

Wallace Franklin is another he did some amazing things as a highschool track athlete. If he got the stick and was behind he didnt stay there. He went and got everybody he ran against bar none.

Jonathan Smith from Ozen could have been a great one if he would have had the right attitude. Saw him split about 46.8 at TSU on the mile relay. Young man could run.

Wallace Franklin is another he did some amazing things as a highschool track athlete. If he got the stick and was behind he didnt stay there. He went and got everybody he ran against bar none.

YEAH I HEARD HE HAD SOME GOOD COACHING THAT YEAR!!

• 3 months later...

I think with Leidy and Labove and Celestine and Dartez their strongest event this year will be the 4x200. fair 4x100 and a fair 4x400 im afraid they will be short 1 leg for these two relays.

Their strongest event may be the 4x200 but they still wont be able to compete with the speed Central will have on their 4x200.. thats why I think they should be better  off concentrating on a strong 4x400, where they could really on their strength and conditioning that Coach Young is famous for...

Thats the problem i dont know who will run the other 2 legs on the 4x400. Leidy and Javin arent 400 m runners. But i agree they will have a hard time competing in the sprint races with Central. However the 4x200 envolves speed and strength that is a good mixture of what Ozen has 2 offer this year. Javin and Leidy being good sprinters and Celestine and Labove both giving good legs because their strength from being quarter milers.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder