DA' BROOK vs Spring Westfield....what's gonna happen?

SgtRey

Like someone posted earlier, Westfield plays a physical style of football while WB is a finesse team.  More times than not, the more physical team wins----well in the case of WB.....

Mustangs 42

WB 10

I know WF had just as much speed on D as Central does plus the size to boot.....

rey is letting that ozen game go to his head, now he thinks he an athlete!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

Goat

Your jealousy is almost embarrassing.  You want to attack a kid with your posts because Memorial can't seem to beat Brook?   SGTrey is just having fun.  You, on the other hand, are acting punkish.

Come on westend are you his (partner) ;) or something? Can you please let him speak for his self. I'm just saying I'm not confident in his skills as a QB. So can you please "stop the global whining". famous quote from sgtrey. remember it's all fun. ;D

Goat....my friend...so your looking for sympathy for Memorial or what?...

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like someone posted earlier, Westfield plays a physical style of football while WB is a finesse team.  More times than not, the more physical team wins----well in the case of WB.....

Mustangs 42

WB 10

I know WF had just as much speed on D as Central does plus the size to boot.....

rey is letting that ozen game go to his head, now he thinks he an athlete!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

Goat

Your jealousy is almost embarrassing.  You want to attack a kid with your posts because Memorial can't seem to beat Brook?   SGTrey is just having fun.  You, on the other hand, are acting punkish.

Come on westend are you his (partner) ;) or something? Can you please let him speak for his self. I'm just saying I'm not confident in his skills as a QB. So can you please "stop the global whining". famous quote from sgtrey. remember it's all fun. ;D

Please keep posting GOAT --se we can get to know you better before you get the ole boot.  LOL  ;)

He's working on it........cool it a bit, there Goat. As westend1 said, SgtRey is not the QB you keep making disrespectful remarks about/to. Just take a break for a while.

What's gonna happen is.......  Westbrook is gonna find out that there are much better football teams outside the city of Beaumont.  They are also gonna find out how much they miss last years seniors, and find out how much trouble they are in when they face 5A competition. 

BoboanBlair - I know you are new herer and don't know the rules!!! But hush your mouth about classification, we don't believe in that in SETX!!!! 3A or 5A all are judged and helded by the same standards!!!  ::)

So, Hush yo mouf, Massa can't know we can count!!!  You go get us lashes... A bad beatin' and he go put us to work in the fields all day... Yes he is wit no foods!!!

What's gonna happen is.......  Westbrook is gonna find out that there are much better football teams outside the city of Beaumont.  They are also gonna find out how much they miss last years seniors, and find out how much trouble they are in when they face 5A competition. 

The West Brook team and coaches are well aware of the quality of football played by 5A teams in the Greater Houston area.  Scheduling Westfield and Katy are part of the competitive scheme of this coaching staff.  It is unfortunate that so many of the O linemen have fallen ill this past week.  In spite of the bad luck this game and the Katy game will serve this teams sophs and jrs well as they grow and develop.

This team will be just fine once they get to district play.  This tough schedule will benefit them when it matters most.

The West Brook team and coaches are well aware of the quality of football played by 5A teams in the Greater Houston area.  Scheduling Westfield and Katy are part of the competitive scheme of this coaching staff.  It is unfortunate that so many of the O linemen have fallen ill this past week.  In spite of the bad luck this game and the Katy game will serve this teams sophs and jrs well as they grow and develop.

This team will be just fine once they get to district play.  This tough schedule will benefit them when it matters most.

"BooBoo" doesn't realize that WB's schedule is mainly made up of teams outside the city of Beaumont year after year. Their district is Houston area teams and they always go looking for the toughest 5A schools to play for non-district games. "BooBoo" must be new to football, our area or he is 6 or 7 seven years old.

Things not looking so good over at the Brook. As already stated, several players out with the flu. Since all the rain over the past few days, and into tonight, the wet field is going to limit our already anemic running game. Having to pass for yardage with wet footballs, doesn't usually end up so well. In a nutshell, it's gonna be extremely hard for our boys to move the rock under these types of conditions and circumstances. Not to mention, I have learned that BISD is not allowing cheerleaders, bands, drill teams, or other to go to the game in Spring tonight. I dont know the reasoning for this, but it is not good. In addition to the fact that we are playing at their house, with alot more of their fans. Home field advantage? So lets recap..........ill offensive players, wet fields with limited running game, no support from cheerleaders, drill team or the band........means our boys are on their own. Sounds like a recipe for a disasterous night for the Bruins. Hopefully, it wont be too bad. :'(

Things not looking so good over at the Brook. As already stated, several players out with the flu. Since all the rain over the past few days, and into tonight, the wet field is going to limit our already anemic running game. Having to pass for yardage with wet footballs, doesn't usually end up so well. In a nutshell, it's gonna be extremely hard for our boys to move the rock under these types of conditions and circumstances. Not to mention, I have learned that BISD is not allowing cheerleaders, bands, drill teams, or other to go to the game in Spring tonight. I dont know the reasoning for this, but it is not good. In addition to the fact that we are playing at their house, with alot more of their fans. Home field advantage? So lets recap..........ill offensive players, wet fields with limited running game, no support from cheerleaders, drill team or the band........means our boys are on their own. Sounds like a recipe for a disasterous night for the Bruins. Hopefully, it wont be too bad. :'(

82AAAAA

You better pull over, your tank is half empty again.

Also, I personally know why the band, cheerleaders, and drill team are  not going.  And I  thank the powers that be.... that this decision was a no-brainer for them. 

I know, I know.......I'm not being pessimistic, just being realistic. The odds in us winning the game tonight just took a drastic turn in WF's favor. As far as the band and cheerleaders not going, I have to assume it has something to do with the weather and the driving conditions, but cannot confirm this. Just want to wish our boys good luck tonight.

Keyerzore

I know plenty of football.  I know enough to know that West Brook's district is the weakest in the Houston area.  I also know that they will make the playoffs, but that's not something to really gauge how good you are, since 4 out of 6 teams make it.  I also know when your 5A, beating Central and Ozen is not a monumental task, or a very good measuring stick.  The bottom line is West Brook is young, inexperienced and not very good.  Spring Westfield was their 1st true test, look at the outcome.  Post back in two weeks, after IKE and Katy and let me know if I'm wrong.  I think you actually know the truth, but afraid to face reality. 

Please tell me where I'm wrong, and how "I don't know football"?

Its not that WB is 'not very good' as you say. Its a number of things in this game. Westfield is a very good football team, and several of our OLinemen are out with illness. Not making excuses, because I believe even if we're healthy we still dont beat this team. We're still very young, and have alot of maturing to do. We know we wont beat Katy, but alot of teams dont beat Katy. Central is a very good football team, beating them was not easy. Obviously, Central is no Westfield. We will be ok.......we will be very good next year.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83

• Sure.  You reassign an employee and they leave voluntarily instead of being fired and being open to litigation.  The outcome is the same, but you are making my point.  The superintendent and AD and principal are all empowered to make personnel decisions.  Instead of accepting the decision made, you talk about lawyering up, no one else was reprimanded, railroad job.  I am old enough to remember when high school sports taught life lessons...accountability being chief among them.
    • I know absolutely nothing about the situation, but I do know head coaches of sports other than the AD have actual teaching assignments, and I know from my wife having worked in the sped department of multiple schools that it’s not uncommon at all for coaches to shirk those duties.  It could very well be that this was the case at BC.  Or not, I don’t know.  Just bringing this up to point out the fact that, although many coaches only want to worry about coaching, they generally have several other responsibilities at the school.  some of them neglect or ignore these duties entirely.  If he’s been written up for other issues before, it’s a dumb argument to say “he was punished for this and others were not”.  If he had a pile of write ups in his file and they did not then it makes sense that the punishments were different.  
    • He wasn’t fired, he was reassigned and people get reassigned all the time. If he was actually fired, then you would have a point, but he wasn’t fired. Based on the information presented here no way this would stand if they fired him and he lawyered up. 
    • I heard the assistant was going to get this job and assume it was referring to the old Vidor coach, Nate Smith.  I always thought he did more with less at Vidor and can't help but think he shares some responsibility in Vidor's recent success. 
    • Classic Bridge City.  Always someone else's fault, refs/umpires cheated, AD with an agenda, yada, yada, yada.  As far as I can tell it's damn near impossible to get fired at these schools so when someone does get fired, it's usually something.  Drama at Bridge City is a constant.  The guy did a good job coaching basketball and I'm sure he'll continue that somewhere else.  Time to move on.
  • Topics