Silsbee/Diboll broadcast and update thread/DIBOLL WINS!

Guest Silsbee88

silsbee 35.  Diboll 49.    silsbee  1 & 1.  WOS  2 & 0.

Good point, speveto.  What is it?

the truth hurts.

Guess we will find out on the district opener.......

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guarantee we'll see the Lumberjacks' sophomore runningback playing on Saturdays at some major college in a few years. He's powerful through the line, makes tacklers miss and can turn on the afterburners when he gets in the open. He's a stud at 16 ... can you imagine what he'll be like with two more years experience and physical maturity?

As for Silsbee, the Tigers were within one touchdown of tying the game late, which shows me that in spite of difficult odds, they never gave up. That's a team skill that can't really be taught. It's an attitude that starts with Coach McGallion and his staff and rolls all the way down to the water boy. The Tigers have a lot of wins ahead of them for sure.

I don't think people have fully realized the viability of Silsbee's passing game just yet. Once the Tigers' offensive line comes together, not only will the rushing game become more of a factor, but Jeremy won't have to scramble out of the pocket ... unless he decides to ... And when Silsbee has full control on offense, the defense will have the opportunity to shine as well without the pressure of a come-from-behind, must-have stop on nearly every possession by the opponent. What you're seeing right now in Silsbee is the raw version of a championship team in the making.

Silsbee will fall in the second round. I would say first round, but we've been blessed with having a weak sister district. How many second rounds would we have seen without having that benefit. Let's face it our defense is very porous and has been for a while. Kirbyville lost more than Silsbee from last year and they were able to slow Diboll down. Changes need to be made. Furthermore we're lucky Kirbyville dropped an A and Jasper went up north or it would be 3 yrs without making the playoffs. I'm frustrated that we haven't made a serious run while being in 3A. I didn't say win state just a legitimate push in the playoffs. Some may disagree but I believe we have the same type of talent as the perennial 3a contenders.

Silsbee=underachievers (as much as it pains me to say it) :'(

We've got the fight song and colors, may as well change our mascot to the Aggies. ;)

Guest rykerx144

Silsbee will fall in the second round. I would say first round, but we've been blessed with having a weak sister district. How many second rounds would we have seen without having that benefit. Let's face it our defense is very porous and has been for a while. Kirbyville lost more than Silsbee from last year and they were able to slow Diboll down. Changes need to be made. Furthermore we're lucky Kirbyville dropped an A and Jasper went up north or it would be 3 yrs without making the playoffs. I'm frustrated that we haven't made a serious run while being in 3A. I didn't say win state just a legitimate push in the playoffs. Some may disagree but I believe we have the same type of talent as the perennial 3a contenders.

Silsbee=underachievers (as much as it pains me to say it) :'(

We've got the fight song and colors, may as well change our mascot to the Aggies. ;)

harsh but probably true!

I must say i am very shocked as well i heard that diboll turned the ball over 6 times against kirbyville last week silsbee turned the bll over this week turnovers penalties dropped passes especially penalties that bring back touchdowns will kill a team just about every time i love my tigers very dearly win or lose but the defense better wake up because lumberton is pass happy as well as Wo-s newton and jasper i hope that this was just a bad game and they can regroup the offense is there we really need to work hard on defense and we will be just fine. Great game diboll you guys deserve to win.             Bad night for tiger teams Katy and Silsbee.  oh by the way specials teams is just as big as playing great defense lets be aware in every phase of the game. Good luck tigers lets beat lumberton.

I wouldn't include Jasper in this bunch.  Coack Bickham has them running the triple option VERY well and will be a tough oppinent in their district or non district opponents.  Not to mention an O-line that can flat out block!

Stats for Silsbee/Diboll game:

1st Half

Silsbee

rushing  6 carries  42 yards  1TD

passing  9-19  170 yards  2TD's 1 INT

total  25 plays  212 yards

first downs  8

Diboll

rushing  25 carries  180 yards 4 TD's

passing  7-10  117 yards  1 TD  1 INT

total    35 plays  297 yards

FD    13

RB Taylor  15 rushes for 160 yards 3 TD's in first half

Final Stats

Silsbee

rushing  12 carries  57 yards  2 TD's

passing  15-31  338 yards  3 TD's  2 INT

total    43 plays  395 yards

FD    14

Diboll

rushing  50 rushes  251 yards  4 TD's

passing  12-20 200 yards  3 TD's  2 INT

total  70 plays  451 yards

FD      23

Individual

Silsbee

Jeremy Johnson

8 rushes  56 yards  2 TD's

15-31 338 yards  3 TD's  2 INTS

Chris Barnes

3 carries  -1 yard

4 receptions  44 yards

Kelson McDaniel

6 receptions  155 yards 1TD

Pheal Hill

2 receptions  89 yards  1TD

Jarrian Rhone

1 rush  3 yards

2 receptions  35 yards  1TD

Prentice Lane

1 reception  15 yards

Diboll

QB Bailey

16 carries  19 yards  1 TD

12-20 200 yards  3 TD's  2 INTs

RB Taylor

31 carries  228 yards  3 TD's ( 16 rushes for 68 yards in 2nd half)

2 catches  22 yards

WR Skylar

5 receptions  95 yards 2 TD's

Stats for Silsbee/Diboll game:

1st Half

Silsbee

rushing   6 carries  42 yards  1TD

passing  9-19  170 yards  2TD's 1 INT

total   25 plays  212 yards

first downs   8

Diboll

rushing  25 carries  180 yards 4 TD's

passing  7-10  117 yards  1 TD  1 INT

total     35 plays  297 yards

FD     13

RB Taylor  15 rushes for 160 yards 3 TD's in first half

Final Stats

Silsbee

rushing   12 carries  57 yards  2 TD's

passing  15-31  338 yards  3 TD's  2 INT

total     43 plays  395 yards

FD     14

Diboll

rushing   50 rushes  251 yards  4 TD's

passing  12-20 200 yards  3 TD's  2 INT

total   70 plays  451 yards

FD      23

Individual

Silsbee

Jeremy Johnson

8 rushes  56 yards  2 TD's

15-31 338 yards  3 TD's  2 INTS

Chris Barnes

3 carries  -1 yard

4 receptions  44 yards

Kelson McDaniel

6 receptions  155 yards 1TD

Pheal Hill

2 receptions  89 yards  1TD

Jarrian Rhone

1 rush  3 yards

2 receptions  35 yards  1TD

Prentice Lane

1 reception  15 yards

Diboll

QB Bailey

16 carries   19 yards  1 TD

12-20 200 yards  3 TD's  2 INTs

RB Taylor

31 carries  228 yards  3 TD's ( 16 rushes for 68 yards in 2nd half)

2 catches  22 yards

WR Skylar

5 receptions  95 yards 2 TD's

Those stats would have truly been sick if that 70 yard td pass and 95 yard td run by Jeremy wouldn't have been called back.

Actually, it was a 78 yard TD pass, a 70 yard TD pass, and an 85 yard TD run by Johnson that was all called back for penalties. But, they were all legitimate penalties from my viewpoint.

Yes, by my statistics, Johnson "would have" gained 142 yards rushing, plus 436 yards passing for a total of 578 yards of offense. Oh, and Silsbee could have won it. ;)

We have to work on the penalties, we are committing way too many.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    geho
    Newest Member
    geho