Best 23-2A team

which team is the best 23-2A team this year?  

115 members have voted

1. 1. which team is the best 23-2A team this year?

• Hardin
    • Anahuac
    • Deweyville
    • Warren
    • Kountze
    • East Chambers
    • Buna

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah anahuac might have the best team, but they don't have the best coaches, Hardin coaches will have there team very prepared for this game and i think this is a pickem game....

Give me a break I'm sure there's not many coaches around here that in 1 year would have not only put anahuac in the playoffs but have them win the dc.

Guest tigersvoice

Yeah anahuac might have the best team, but they don't have the best coaches, Hardin coaches will have there team very prepared for this game and i think this is a pickem game....

Both teams are well coached. IMO I still believe this will be a close game...

Is the Anahuac head coach named BARBAY?  Then enough said about best coaches.  Jeeeeez!

Hardin

QB Myles Taylor 38 for 57, 571 yrds,7 tds,0 int,13 car 41 yrds,1td ....... Dist.#1........State #3

RB Mitch Villemez........ 19 car.270 yrds ...2 tds..................................Dist.#1........State #31

WR D.J. Hall..............12 rec. 217 yrds.....2 tds..................................Dist.#1........State#14

WR Marquis James......13 rec. 190 yrds.....2 tds..................................Dist.#2........State#25

WR Colton Joyner....... 7 rec. 102 yrds .....2 tds .................................Dist.#4

Beaumont Enterprise iPreps HS Sports Data  9/9/2009

Hardin

QB Myles Taylor 38 for 57, 571 yrds,7 tds,0 int,13 car 41 yrds,1td ....... Dist.#1........State #3

RB Mitch Villemez........ 19 car.270 yrds ...2 tds..................................Dist.#1........State #31

WR D.J. Hall..............12 rec. 217 yrds.....2 tds..................................Dist.#1........State#14

WR Marquis James......13 rec. 190 yrds.....2 tds..................................Dist.#2........State#25

WR Colton Joyner....... 7 rec. 102 yrds .....2 tds .................................Dist.#4

what happnd against sheperd??

Hardin

what happnd against sheperd??

Outplayed, outcoached, no effort, Mitch hurt ankle first play of second half score 20-21 at the time. They did not want it. Sad to watch..

dang.... well thats what non district games are for to work out the kinks.

Don't get me wrong Shepherd was a really good team. I think they will be someone to reckon with.. Wish them luck, really good kids..

No, Shepherd isn't a 'really good team'. They're a 'very average 3A team' (being kind) that just beat a 'very average 2A team' by a wide margin. It was their first win for gosh sakes!

If Hardin had issues with Shepherd's speed what's going to happen when they face Anahuac?

The tradition continues...

Guest baseball25

Guys shepherd had some good skill kids and a really good rb, villemez was hurt the whole second half and I'm not making excuses but shepherd has gotten better since there scrimmages there skill guys aren't bad. I mean you can't play great every night. I mean diboll beats silsbee last week and then loses to newton by 50 then silsbee plays lumberton in a very good ball game so you have you BAd nights.

Guys ec had some good skill kids and a really good rb villemez was hurt the whole second half and I'm not making excuses but shepherd has gotten better since there scrimmages there skill guys aren't bad. I mean you can't play great every night. I mean diboll best silsbee last week and then silsbee loses by 50 to Newton and then silsbee plays lumberton in a very good ball game so you have you BAd nights.

Dude...Sober up...

Who has Anahuac played? NOBODY! Some church schools? Nice non-district scheduling, really makes you look good. I'm not saying Anahuac isn't good, but don't talk about playing average schools until you beat somebody!

That's the second time you've said that. When you get right down to it the only team that has played sombody is ec when we played Newton and Ofield.

I can't see Hardin losing to shepherd and beating EC or A1

On last Friday night, with the game plan Shepherd used, they would have beat anybody in our district. They played the perfect game against us, they might not do it to anybody else the rest of the season, but Friday they were on. Did BYU have a chance against Oklahoma, Houston against Oklahoma State, Hardin against EC and Buna last year? It was their night, they came to play, we didn't. It happens to everyone. We got our butts handed to us, but don't judge our whole season on that one game.

I can't see Hardin losing to shepherd and beating EC or A1

Idk bout Anahuac, but we (Shepherd) scrimmaged EC and they couldn't even score on us until we put the 2nd string in which is made up of a ton of sophomores. And Shepherd has bettered them by leaps and bounds since we scrimmaged EC. I know both teams we're rusty and probably didn't play up to their potentials, but I'm just throwing that out there. 8) So before you go off on Hardin for losing, just remember that EC played us to and didn't exactly dominate either! Hardin just needs work on the defense and The O-Line, the skill players we're extremely good!  ;)

Plus, I hate excuses, but I got some and it's killing me not to throw them out there....

What is the score if:

1. Villemez plays the second half?

2. We catch a deep pass that hits our kid in the bread basket all alone in the end zone?

3. We get the kickoff return for a touchdown by Villemez that the ref's said he stepped out of bounds which he wasn't even close?

4. We don't touch the ball on the punt return that gave them the ball on like the 5?

5. We actually tackle their #9...lol

We made a ton of mistakes that if it happens again we will lose again.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    asfdefsa01
    Newest Member
    asfdefsa01