West Brook vs. Central Predictions?

D3zii

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think it will be a blowout by the Brook, but I also don't know if Central will win.  The Jags are better than the final score of Fridays game.  For the guy who mentioned the come back, let's be real!!!  Central went up 28 - 14 in the third quarter...  They sat on the ball in the 4th and nearly gave it away!!!  This was their first action and they still played well!!!  I have not scene WB but I got some scoop and I believe this will be a good game ending 28-21 someone!!!!

Brooks defense did look agressive in 'swarming' the ball, wherever it is.  They don't miss too many tackles.  On offense, Brook can move the ball.

All I have to say is that this aint no Ozen that's out there.  Our Offensive linemen will block you.  We will move the ball with our many offensive sets.  We have players that all they know how to do is win playoff games...  (  ;D ;D ;D ).  Also, on defense, we fly to the ball.  Yea, we looked a little rusty Friday due to no scrimmage, but we will rise to the challenge and take it to Brook, as we should...

35-21 Central

Ok Centralfinest!! Sounds like a post that silly Ozenfinest would put up! The Jaguar offense is not that good. And what many sets? They have two sets: 3 WR spread with a TE and the I-formation. They couldn't protect the QB in the spread so they went to the I-formation to run the ball. West Brook wins this game in business as usual. Do these look like the numbers of an offensive juggernaut?

1  2  3  4  Total

Port Arthur Memorial        7  7  0  7  21

Beaumont Central           6  15 0  7  28

Scoring summary

PAM -- Ronzell King 9-yard run ( kick), 6:35, 1st.

BCT -- Damon Heard 75-yard kickoff return ( kick failed), 11:50, 1st.

BCT -- Keith O'Neal 5-yard run (Brenan Jackson run), 8:28, 2nd.

PAM -- Corwin Keal 1-yard run ( kick), 2:45, 2nd.

BCT -- Nijel Daw 4-yard run (Juan Cardenas kick), 0:25, 2nd.

BCT -- Keith O'Neal 9-yard run (Juan Cardenas kick), 8:22, 4th.

PAM -- Ronzell King 3-yard run ( kick), 3:44, 4th.

Team Stats

Port Arthur Memorial          Beaumont Central

Total yards                                  268                                188

First downs                                  14                                  14

Rushes/Yds                                  46/189                            33/136

Average rush                                4.11                               4.12

Comp/Atts                                   9/22/1                             6/15/0

Pass yards                                   79                                  52

Comp pct                                    40.91                              40

Punts                                         4                                    3

Punting Yards                              135                                 102

Punting Average                           33.75                              34

Fumbles/Lost                               2/1                                 2/1

Penalties-yards                            5-35                               2-30

Ok.  First of all, this was our first 'scrimmage'.  We'll be ok now.  We were trying different things with Memorial.  We didn't change because it was being stopped. 

Second of all, those great offensive and defensive numbers against Ozen (yea, a very tough oponent  ::) ::)  )will serve you well in this fridays game and as well as in the Katy, Westfield, and North Shore game...(  :D :D :D  ) 

I just don't hope you expect to win this game if you make the same mistakes that you made vs. Ozen...  You fair weather Brook fans crack me up...  ;D ;D

Didn't all the Central fans say the same thing last year after West Brook beat Ozen? We not Ozen, this Central y'all playing, the Bruins won't do that to us! And what happened 47-7 when we pulled our starters out. West Brook wins this game like they always do against Central. What is it 6 in row? We might as well add Central as a team that the Bruins own!  ;D ;D ;D

If I remember. Christen Michael (da Beast) will not be bailing Brook out when things get tight.  Own us?  You mean when we stomped yall 56-0 and then the following year, beat yall 37 - 0?  Ohh, you're talking about a meaningless lucky win streak.  6 in a row?  Ok, I'll give you that one.  I tell you one thing.  It won't be 7... 8) 8)

If I remember. Christen Michael (da Beast) will not be bailing Brook out when things get tight.  Own us?  You mean when we stomped yall 56-0 and then the following year, beat yall 37 - 0?  Ohh, you're talking about a meaningless lucky win streak.  6 in a row?  Ok, I'll give you that one.  I tell you one thing.  It won't be 7... 8) 8)

Ok.  First of all, this was our first 'scrimmage'.  We'll be ok now.  We were trying different things with Memorial.  We didn't change because it was being stopped. 

Second of all, those great offensive and defensive numbers against Ozen (yea, a very tough oponent  ::) ::)  )will serve you well in this fridays game and as well as in the Katy, Westfield, and North Shore game...(  :D :D :D  ) 

I just don't hope you expect to win this game if you make the same mistakes that you made vs. Ozen...  You fair weather Brook fans crack me up...  ;D ;D

Living in the past... and not thinking about now, which is important.  The reality is that the trophy will be transfered back to Old Town, where it belongs...

REPORT TO MODERATORS

[move]Please conduct an immediate investigation to see who has hijacked this dudes screen name and user password. I know he cant be this crazy.[/move]

Second of all, those great offensive and defensive numbers against Ozen (yea, a very tough oponent  ::) ::)  )will serve you well in this fridays game and as well as in the Katy, Westfield, and North Shore game...(   :D :D :D  ) 

Living in the past... and not thinking about now, which is important.  The reality is that the trophy will be transfered back to Old Town, where it belongs...

REPORT TO MODERATORS

[move]Please conduct an immediate investigation to see who has hijacked this dudes screen name and user password. I know he cant be this crazy.[/move]

:D :D  :P :P

I'll go with West Brook in a close one.  This will also be West Brook's last preseaon win of 2009

I wouldn't bet the farm on that just yet. No, we most likely wont beat Katy. However, we might squeak out a win against Westfield, or overrated Eisenhower. Anything can happen in HS football, my friend. Regardless of the outcome with the rest of the preseason, we should be more than prepared when district play starts.

Second of all, those great offensive and defensive numbers against Ozen (yea, a very tough oponent  ::) ::)  )will serve you well in this fridays game and as well as in the Katy, Westfield, and North Shore game...(   :D :D :D  ) 

The entire world knows that VS memorial was an entirely different scheme, guess what... it works both ways...you may or you may not see the same scheme from West Brook. 

With no doubt...this will be a game....period!

Central hasn't beat them either and they were common on ou schedual in the 90s...  And Brook scored more points in last years scrimmage!  I am one Central fan that will admit Brook runs this series and has done it since 1987, even in years where we were in the playoffs and Brook was at home, they won the BMT bowl... I do believe this years team will be a tougher match-up and Brook is not the unbeatable this year. I was also one of those fans who did not lie to myself about last years chances too!!!!  Call me a realist before a fan!!!

I give my Jags a chance to win this one.  Honstly the offense look more potenet than the stats, the Jags constantly had a short field and some dropped balls.    This team will improve weekly, the talent is there.

21- 20 Central, My feeling is is Central really wants this game.

BTW, Lufkin owns West Brook in football. Bruins have never beat them.

We beat them last year.... ::) ::) ::)

We beat them last year with the starters in. We had 31 at the half, I believe,  I think they actually scored two or three TD's late against the third string and wound up winning the scrimmage.

21- 20 Central, My feeling is is Central really wants this game.

BTW, Lufkin owns West Brook in football. Bruins have never beat them.

We beat them last year.... ::) ::) ::)

We beat them last year with the starters in. We had 31 at the half, I believe,  I think they actually scored two or three TD's late against the third string and wound up winning the scrimmage.

Yup, I announced that scrimmage. :P :P

No predictions here, other than the statement that Fox 4 and Sheffield Productions will be there to broadcast the entire game at 10:35 Friday night on Fox 4 and again Tuesday at 7:00PM Time Warner Cable 18.  Nick Canizales along with our own Charlie Jehlen share the booth supported by our full 4 camera setup with multiple capability. 

Go to the game, support your team and then go home and watch it again with all the in-depth commentary and replays of your favorite moments. 

West Brook and Central will both appear again on our broadcasts this season along with 17 other teams sharing time with their matchups on Fox 4.  It won't just be the 5As & 4As of the area.  Silsbee, Newton , WOS, Sabine Pass, Legacy Christian, and East Chambers are a few of the  smaller schools that will see air time this season.  Ozen , PN-G , Nederland, Vidor and Lumberton will be featured as we present the 4As.  Watch James, Brook and Nick on 4 for the 2009 Fox 4/Sheffield Productions football schedule.    see 'ya on the field, videoguy

No predictions here, other than the statement that Fox 4 and Sheffield Productions will be there to broadcast the entire game at 10:35 Friday night on Fox 4 and again Tuesday at 7:00PM Time Warner Cable 18.  Nick Canizales along with our own Charlie Jehlen share the booth supported by our full 4 camera setup with multiple capability.   

Go to the game, support your team and then go home and watch it again with all the in-depth commentary and replays of your favorite moments. 

West Brook and Central will both appear again on our broadcasts this season along with 17 other teams sharing time with their matchups on Fox 4.  It won't just be the 5As & 4As of the area.   Silsbee, Newton , WOS, Sabine Pass, Legacy Christian, and East Chambers are a few of the  smaller schools that will see air time this season.  Ozen , PN-G , Nederland, Vidor and Lumberton will be featured as we present the 4As.   Watch James, Brook and Nick on 4 for the 2009 Fox 4/Sheffield Productions football schedule.    see 'ya on the field, videoguy

Soulja and I want to join da show.... ;D ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder