BC vs. Shepherd/Shepherd 1 BC 0

F

Shepherd 1 BC 0

Was this a controlled or game type?

Either way, this is not the BC team I was expecting this season. I am sorry, but Shepherd is not very good.

thats exactly what i was thinking. I'm just going to guess that BC did what HJ did against Hardin and kept their starters out after a few drives on offense. If BC couldn't score even once against Shepherd, they need to do alot of spicing up.

F

Shepherd 1 BC 0

Either way, this is not the BC team I was expecting this season. I am sorry, but Shepherd is not very good.

thats exactly what i was thinking. I'm just going to guess that BC did what HJ did against Hardin and kept their starters out after a few drives on offense. If BC couldn't score even once against Shepherd, they need to do alot of spicing up.

kept em out a few drives? they must kept them out the entire game to let Shepherd beat them! History tells the story that Shepherd is not very good at all.

F

Shepherd 1 BC 0

kept em out a few drives? they must kept them out the entire game to let Shepherd beat them! History tells the story that Shepherd is not very good at all.

Good enough to prevent the 3rd place team in 21-3A from even scoring...pshh

I hate to be negative. Buuuuut, what is happening at BC? This should be the best team they have had since Stump took over. I mean they have been under his toutelage for three years now and they have 10 starters returning. 5 on offense and 5 on defense. I did not see the scrimmage but I would like to know where the problem lies. Did the offensive line get manhandled by Sherherd? Why would a offense that has been run for three years with at least 5 starters not be able to score? Maybe it is time to rethink the whole offensive scheme they are using. Are the coaches not working the boys hard enough during the off season? All I have been reading about is how hard Coach Faircloth at PNG is working his boys and it looks like they are going to be at least a decent ball club the first year he is their coach.  What gives? Is the problem with the offense and defense they are using or is it coaching.

I hate to be negative. Buuuuut, what is happening at BC? This should be the best team they have had since Stump took over. I mean they have been under his toutelage for three years now and they have 10 starters returning. 5 on offense and 5 on defense. I did not see the scrimmage but I would like to know where the problem lies. Did the offensive line get manhandled by Sherherd? Why would a offense that has been run for three years with at least 5 starters not be able to score? Maybe it is time to rethink the whole offensive scheme they are using. Are the coaches not working the boys hard enough during the off season? All I have been reading about is how hard Coach Faircloth at PNG is working his boys and it looks like they are going to be at least a decent ball club the first year he is their coach.  What gives? Is the problem with the offense and defense they are using or is it coaching.

Dude give the man a chance bc its just a scrimmage.Tarver did not leave a full plate when he left and Coach S will get it going.

I hate to be negative. Buuuuut, what is happening at BC? This should be the best team they have had since Stump took over. I mean they have been under his toutelage for three years now and they have 10 starters returning. 5 on offense and 5 on defense. I did not see the scrimmage but I would like to know where the problem lies. Did the offensive line get manhandled by Sherherd? Why would a offense that has been run for three years with at least 5 starters not be able to score? Maybe it is time to rethink the whole offensive scheme they are using. Are the coaches not working the boys hard enough during the off season? All I have been reading about is how hard Coach Faircloth at PNG is working his boys and it looks like they are going to be at least a decent ball club the first year he is their coach.  What gives? Is the problem with the offense and defense they are using or is it coaching.

You cannot just use this scrimmage as the big idea of what BC will be like this year though. Obviously they had to of played not to their potential because i've heard way more in store with this team.

Coaches do not pull out all their plays in scrimmages, coaches try different groups of people with different groups of people, and I know there is no way that the starters played this whole scrimmage.

Give coach Stump time to work with the players still, we got a long time until district and still a week before the first game.

But i still think HJ is going to beat BC.  8)

Defense held them to two first downs, they are going to be stout defensivly this year. A little too early in the year to call out the coaches, it's just pre-season.

So seems like the defense is holding their own, but what the heck is wrong with the offense?  Why are we not moving the ball and scoring? 

Come on guys sometimes the Coach is only as good as the kids are. Instead of slamming the coach talk to your kids about trying harder and working as  a team to get better. Easy to rip on  a Coach when talent level is down right?

You cannot just use this scrimmage as the big idea of what BC will be like this year though. Obviously they had to of played not to their potential because i've heard way more in store with this team.

Coaches do not pull out all their plays in scrimmages, coaches try different groups of people with different groups of people, and I know there is no way that the starters played this whole scrimmage.

Give coach Stump time to work with the players still, we got a long time until district and still a week before the first game.

But i still think HJ is going to beat BC.  8)

I honestly didn't see them switch the starters around. I saw them sub players but not change from 1st string to 2nd. When the actual game scrimmage started Shepherd's Defense manhandled BC offense. It almost seemed like everytime you looked up BC's QB was getting sacked. BC's Defense was good. They hit hard and held Shepherd down pretty good until they let Shepherd's RB in the open field. The real problem i saw with BC was they were moving the ball down the field but they got tired, towards the end of the scrimmage they were all leaning on eachother on their bench and looked as though they we're going to pass out while Shepherd continued to dominate BC's O. In all BC's Offense looked bad, Defense looked good, Conditioning was the worse out of all 3.

I still think this year will tell it all about which Offense they should be running, Last year BC started gelling together at the end of the season and put up 43 points on H-F, Maybe if most of their Pre-Season games wouldn't have got cancelled due to the hurricane they would've averaged more points in Distrcit, But anyways I think the O-Line is the problem for BC right now, They return 2 starters from last year on the line, Both Juniors, They lost their other good 3 starters Colby Martin, Hunter Acouin and Blake Snyder to Graduation, So my guess is they're switching out alot of lineman right now in different spots and trying to see who wants those other 3 spots the most, It's still early and it may take a couple of Non-District Games to see who's gonna step up but I think they'll be fine by the time District starts, The sooner they get it figured out the better though....

Guest bleed orange

Neither team is very good.... Arm pit of 21 and 22-AAA.....

That was a classless post. I say bring back the Wing-T. You guys from BC can say what you want but when Les Johnson was there BC ran the Wing-T to perfection. I have never seen a team run it as well as you guys did. Vidor is not even close.

You show how ignorant you are with post like that. Crawl back into your black hole and be miserable. I hope your type does not spawn.  8)

Guest bleed orange

You show how ignorant you are with post like that. Crawl back into your black hole and be miserable. I hope your type does not spawn.  8)

I agree "etbu" of course.

since when did the truth become classless and ignorant ?  don't get all huffy and puffy with me ETBU...

Ha omg I have chills dnews.  ??? OK if they are in your opinion not that good why come on here and crank on someones kid or team? Is Cleveland the only team or skewl that is "really good"? Kids are doing the best they can and to be called "arm pit" of a district sure there is a better way of saying it or keep your gap shut.

I am with you ETBU!

Hopefully BC just had a really bad day with Shepard and will get it all together for Friday's game against Liberty.  Time will tell!

Good luck Cards, work hard to get the kinks out!

I was not there at the scrimmage, was at the Lumberton scrimmage, but talked to someone who was there.  We are not in good shape and was dragging at the end of the scrimmage while Shepherd looked fresh.  Also, we were able to run the ball effectively enough to score 2 different times and decided to throw and had to turn the ball over on downs.  Also, we had key penalties in both scrimmages that halted good drives. I heard different stories, one was no pass blocking and 1 was no mobility at QB.  The Lumberton scrimmage showed both were a problem.  We had penalties in both scrimmages that show lack of discipline.  Defense looks good, I hear.  Wasn't that good against Lumberton but that was the first scrimmage against a big 4 A team.  It is time to win, we have 10 returning starters and should make the playoffs for sure.  Maybe I am crazy, but was our second team QB the starting running back?  It looked that way in the Lumberton scrimmage.  Why is that?  If the starter goes down, then you have 2 backups in the game, I have never seen this before at any level of football!!

Come on guys sometimes the Coach is only as good as the kids are. Instead of slamming the coach talk to your kids about trying harder and working as  a team to get better. Easy to rip on  a Coach when talent level is down right?

[/qu

ote]  Talent level is not down in many categories especially position players.  We are not going out to get all the players we can get in the school.  Lot of kids mad that they got bypassed by freshmen last year without getting a chance and/or the freshmen not really having to earn the spots, jumped from freshman team to varsity, never played a down of JV.  We had alot of deserving JVers who got passed up by these freshmen.  Kids are quitting because they get moved down to JV, they need to be brought back and developed for their senior year even if you got to beg them to play.  Our numbers are down and we need to get them picked up badly because numbers is what helps to win!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder