BC vs. Shepherd/Shepherd 1 BC 0

It is not uncommon for players in small 3A school to never play on a JV team.

Positions and playing time is earned, not tenured. 

Best of luck to the Cardinals.

True words.  Smaller schools need to play their good athletes regardless of age or grade.  There is simply not enough talent to go around in a smaller, limited pool. 

At BC, the only 2 freshman that had much playing time last year were Menard and Dishon.  Menard replaced Joe Robertson at RB when he was injured and performed superbly.  Dishon played WR and contributed as well.  This year, Menard is the starting RB and backup QB (he may be the starting QB before all is said and done -- with BC's OL, Lemoine is going to get killed back there).  Dishon has made a number of catches already this season and played great at DB. 

Sure, you could play an older kid but what do you get?  Older but less talent.  There is a reason a kid at a small school plays JV ball as a junior....not meaning to step on anyone's toes...but facts are facts.

I actually agree with y'all on that issue. The problem was that the JV had better receiverslast year than Dishon,who dropped several passes last year. Also, they had better DB's, although he was good for a "redshirt frshman", they had guys who were seniors who could have done better.  AS far as Menard is concerned, I agree the kid is a beast and did great as a true freshman last year.  He has a cannon fora arm but is very inaccurate and should never play ahead of Lemoine at QB.  What sense does it make, if he is the best RB, to take him out of that position, if Lemoine gets hurt, and move him to QB.  Now u have 2 backups playing.  Your QB is very inaccurate now and teams willfigure that out and key on him running the ball.  Then you won't be able to throw or run.  Believe me, there are a couple of kids who can play back up QB and hand off the ball to Menard and still run the other plays on offense. Seniors should play ahead of freshmen unless the freshmen areleaps and bounds better, which they weren't in this case.

Come on guys sometimes the Coach is only as good as the kids are. Instead of slamming the coach talk to your kids about trying harder and working as  a team to get better. Easy to rip on  a Coach when talent level is down right?

I do not believe the talent level is down, but quite the opposite.  There are numerous kids on this team that are all around athletes with above average ability.  These include several seniors, juniors and sophs which have played football from a very young age and are not getting the recognition nor coaching in order to display their abilities.  Now that could be because the coach does not like them,  they don't showboat their abilities, they have had the confidence stripped away so they just go play with a little less enthusiasm just so they can play, only certain team members get recognition and no matter what they do or can do, they aren't one of the players that coaches push, and the list could go on and on, but regardless of why some of these athletes are ignored, not utilized to the best of their ability, or just shoved aside for no apparent reason, BC football should be much better than they are due to the good athletes that are on this team and the situation needs attention or this is going to be a very, very long year for players and fans alike.  I hope someone gets the team together before it gets really ugly in district play and that is a shame because everyone knows what talent some of these kids have.

Come on guys sometimes the Coach is only as good as the kids are. Instead of slamming the coach talk to your kids about trying harder and working as  a team to get better. Easy to rip on  a Coach when talent level is down right?

I do not believe the talent level is down, but quite the opposite.  There are numerous kids on this team that are all around athletes with above average ability.  These include several seniors, juniors and sophs which have played football from a very young age and are not getting the recognition nor coaching in order to display their abilities.  Now that could be because the coach does not like them,  they don't showboat their abilities, they have had the confidence stripped away so they just go play with a little less enthusiasm just so they can play, only certain team members get recognition and no matter what they do or can do, they aren't one of the players that coaches push, and the list could go on and on, but regardless of why some of these athletes are ignored, not utilized to the best of their ability, or just shoved aside for no apparent reason, BC football should be much better than they are due to the good athletes that are on this team and the situation needs attention or this is going to be a very, very long year for players and fans alike.  I hope someone gets the team together before it gets really ugly in district play and that is a shame because everyone knows what talent some of these kids have.

Im going to have to disagree on the talent part..BC has very little of that this year, almost all of them lack physical strength and size, im wonding if they just layed around all off season or what.  Whatever the case is they need to get it together real soon.  BC coaches are also good coaches so dont say they dont play because the coaches dont like them or whatever you think.  thats just an excuse of being lazy and not wanting to play the game., they just lost alot of senior and lack alot of  talent this year. i hope theyh prove me wrong though becase that would be great!!

\

I actually agree with y'all on that issue. The problem was that the JV had better receiverslast year than Dishon,who dropped several passes last year. Also, they had better DB's, although he was good for a "redshirt frshman", they had guys who were seniors who could have done better.  AS far as Menard is concerned, I agree the kid is a beast and did great as a true freshman last year.  He has a cannon fora arm but is very inaccurate and should never play ahead of Lemoine at QB.  What sense does it make, if he is the best RB, to take him out of that position, if Lemoine gets hurt, and move him to QB.  Now u have 2 backups playing.  Your QB is very inaccurate now and teams willfigure that out and key on him running the ball.  Then you won't be able to throw or run.  Believe me, there are a couple of kids who can play back up QB and hand off the ball to Menard and still run the other plays on offense. Seniors should play ahead of freshmen unless the freshmen areleaps and bounds better, which they weren't in this case.

Man, you got a serious bee in your bonnet about the Dishon kid...plus youre plain wrong.  I hope the Cards turn it around but this idea of 'we got to play older kids just because theyre older' is how a program goes downhill.  It builds no future. 

777 said, "Seniors should play ahead of freshmen unless the freshmen areleaps and bounds better, which they weren't in this case."

Wow, bitter much!  

These 2 freshmen were varsity material in more than one sport!  Amazing, that the coaches in BC as well as the coaches in 21 3A who honored one of them with All District honors made such a mistake and did not recognize your child.  

Something to be aware of these 2 freshmen- WORK- They ran stands, miles and lifted weights - on their own after practice.  

As a Cardinal fan, I want the best players touching the ball as often as possible.  I want to win.  I hope that the players and coaches find in their hearts the desire and passion to compete at or above their abilities. It will take 100% from all concerned - the line, the position players, the kickers, the back up players--- every member of the team has a role to play and MUST play their role in order for the team to win!  

777 said, "Seniors should play ahead of freshmen unless the freshmen areleaps and bounds better, which they weren't in this case."

Wow, bitter much!  

These 2 freshmen were varsity material in more than one sport!  Amazing, that the coaches in BC as well as the coaches in 21 3A who honored one of them with All District honors made such a mistake and did not recognize your child.  

Something to be aware of these 2 freshmen- WORK- They ran stands, miles and lifted weights - on their own after practice.  

As a Cardinal fan, I want the best players touching the ball as often as possible.  I want to win.  I hope that the players and coaches find in their hearts the desire and passion to compete at or above their abilities. It will take 100% from all concerned - the line, the position players, the kickers, the back up players--- every member of the team has a role to play and MUST play their role in order for the team to win!  

I stand by what I said.  I don't have a dog in the fight, don't have a kid in the program.  I don't have nothing against the Dishon kid.  I hope the best for him, it ain't about him, its about building a program and that starts with numbers!  I know a lot of kids got bitter and quit because they were leapfrogged by freshmen who never showed that they were better at the same level they were playing, the JV.  If Menard and Dishon were so good then why not play them on JV for a few games to start the year , then if they are better, it will show and then move them up.  No one would complain then.  Menard got newcomer of the year because let me see.... he was a newcomer.  He deserved that and is an awesome athlete.  Dishon should have never been on varsity, period.  They didn't need him like they needed Menard, they had several receivers and several DBs his equal or better.  You have to build a program and that requires getting every abled kid to play. Kids don't want to play when their leapfrogged by someone who is a freshmen and never proved they were better than you.  I'm not minimizing these kids' work ethic, just think the program is headed in the wrong direction.  I bet you won't see any more freshmen on varsity in a long time.  Matter of fact, Dishons older brother was the best player I have ever seen as a freshmen and he wasn't moved up to varsity until he was a sophomore.  Tarver knew that wouldn't do anyone anygood.  The ONLY time a freshmen should be on varsity, is if he is the absolute best player on the field or you lose alot of players to a freak accident.

Sport777, How is that crow tasting this morning? 

Dishon:  85 yard opening kick off return for a touchdown

73 yard touchdown pass for a touchdown

Watch what you say, it just might come back to haunt you.

Dishon is an excellent athlete, deserving of his postion, play time and leadership role on this BC team.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    hthnkroor
    Newest Member
    hthnkroor