*POST SCRIMMAGE SCORES AND COMMENTS HERE*

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

coop, wrong info: kirbyville 2  -  silsbee 1 ( first teams both ways)

johnson one run for about 50+ yds for td, sacked once but no other pos. yd runs. about 4 for 10 on passing

for maybe 50 yds . running game wasnt very impressive, kirbyville will be very good in 2 a this year.

kirbyville had a 65 yd td run & a 50+ pass play for td. kirbyville defense was better than silsbee d.

kirbyville moved the ball on the ground at about 6 to 7 yd average. recievers dropped 2 balls for silsbee.

good scrimmage both sides. deweyville went against 2nd teams offense & defenses, did good i left at this point. wos will be favorite again until the other wannabeeeeees nock them off. :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

Any size on the PNG line this year?

As I posted in the spring, this may be the biggest line PNG has ever had.

Lunceford - 6'3" 245

Easley - 6'1" 250

Leblanc - 6'1" 215

Langois - 6'3" 290

Reasons - 6'5" 260

Looked like the second day of practice with pads on today. Loved the intensity, but as most coaches will tell you the first intersquad is rusty.

coop, wrong info: kirbyville 2  -  silsbee 1 ( first teams both ways)

johnson one run for about 50+ yds for td, sacked once but no other pos. yd runs. about 4 for 10 on passing

for maybe 50 yds . running game wasnt very impressive, kirbyville will be very good in 2 a this year.

kirbyville had a 65 yd td run & a 50+ pass play for td. kirbyville defense was better than silsbee d.

kirbyville moved the ball on the ground at about 6 to 7 yd average. recievers dropped 2 balls for silsbee.

good scrimmage both sides. deweyville went against 2nd teams offense & defenses, did good i left at this point. wos will be favorite again until the other wannabeeeeees nock them off. :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

Thanks. I just posted the info i got.

Vidors first team offense ran 30 plays scored 5 times from 70 yards out and had at least two 30 yard runs called back.  Dont think Vidors first defense gave up a first down ( I am assuming the white helmets were JV kids)Most of 0rangefields damage came against Vidors 2nd and 3rd defense.  I think of will be fine once they learn their system.  Vidor is big and physical.  Kicker has a leg just lacks confidence.  

Hull-Daisetta 2 Touchdowns

Warren 0 Touchdowns      

H-D's defense was very good, the Bobcat defense dominated the Warriors. One player that really stood out on defense was #11 Andrew Persley, and as always Brian Dempsey and Keith Gilmore were swarming to the ball. On offense the Bobcats looked good, lead by the great passing of QB Chisum Marberry and the juking ankle breaking runs of Isaac Humphrey. The Bobcats have so many weapons on the field this year, what a challenge it will be for the Coaches to get the ball to everyone. Great job to the players and Coaches !!!

Any size on the PNG line this year?

As I posted in the spring, this may be the biggest line PNG has ever had.

Lunceford - 6'3" 245

Easley - 6'1" 250

Leblanc - 6'1" 215

Langois - 6'3" 290

Reasons - 6'5" 260

Looked like the second day of practice with pads on today. Loved the intensity, but as most coaches will tell you the first intersquad is rusty.

The JV team has some good size on the line as well. And when you look at the Freshmen team, they have a good size line as well. 4 of the 5 on the freshmen team are all over 200 lbs + !  Like I said before PNG has alot coming up over the next 4 years.

Warren 0 Touchdowns      

H-D's defense was very good, the Bobcat defense dominated the Warriors. One player that really stood out on defense was #11 Andrew Persley, and as always Brian Dempsey and Keith Gilmore were swarming to the ball. On offense the Bobcats looked good, lead by the great passing of QB Chisum Marberry and the juking ankle breaking runs of Isaac Humphrey. The Bobcats have so many weapons on the field this year, what a challenge it will be for the Coaches to get the ball to everyone. Great job to the players and Coaches !!!

Now that, Ladies & Gentlemen, is some serious team spirit.  See ya soon, Bobcat55!    LOL  ;) ;D

Guest pirates

Vidors first team offense ran 30 plays scored 5 times from 70 yards out and had at least two 30 yard runs called back.  Dont think Vidors first defense gave up a first down ( I am assuming the white helmets were JV kids)Most of 0rangefields damage came against Vidors 2nd and 3rd defense.  I think of will be fine once they learn their system.  Vidor is big and physical.  Kicker has a leg just lacks confidence.  

You have just about hit it on the head. This is some of the funniest stuff I have ever read.  How in the world can you grade either team with kids coming in and out, coaches for most of the scrimmage on the field, officials running all over the place.  I thought that OF looked very good at times.  I was concerned about Vidor early, but they did look good in what was something like a game situation.  Look at the side lines Vidor had 132 kids and OF had somewhere around 50, big difference.

OF will make some noise in their district.  I like the new coach over there.  He is doing a great job with the short time he has had.

I will bet you this, with Vidor's smash mouth approach and our physical size, that is why no one really wants to play us early, it could spell disaster for a team to loose a few kids early in the season.

Warren 0 Touchdowns      

Do you know where Warren had Matt Lowe playing?

Guest gladiator2

In PNG's intrasquad, the defense appeared to have the upper hand. I want lie and say that the offense looked good because the pass protection was not very good. I guess considering that it was only the second practice, everything went well. I don't believe they had any injuries. The running game was pretty good. Bertrand ran the ball really well. It will be nice to see the offense going against a defense that is not use to seeing this offense. The defense did look pretty good. The db's appeared to play really well. The offensive line's run blocking was good but need alot of work on pass protection. Doty has a strong arm with good accuracy but blocking will be the key to how well he does. We have a few good running backs. I'm sure next week they will be a lot better. The coaching staff appeared to bring a lot of intensity to the field. A lot of coaching going on. I'm not prepared to say we will go to the playoffs because last season we looked like gangbusters after we scrimmaged Memorial and when the season began we had turnover after turnover. A lot of talk in the stands about how impressed the parents are with the new coaching staff.

Guest bleed orange

You have just about hit it on the head. This is some of the funniest stuff I have ever read.  How in the world can you grade either team with kids coming in and out, coaches for most of the scrimmage on the field, officials running all over the place.  I thought that OF looked very good at times.  I was concerned about Vidor early, but they did look good in what was something like a game situation.  Look at the side lines Vidor had 132 kids and OF had somewhere around 50, big difference.

OF will make some noise in their district.  I like the new coach over there. He is doing a great job with the short time he has had.

I will bet you this, with Vidor's smash mouth approach and our physical size, that is why no one really wants to play us early, it could spell disaster for a team to loose a few kids early in the season.

Good post Pirate. I saw the the same thing. Vidor has some strong looking kids. The numbers of the each school was evident in the 9th, JV and Varsity games. Hell, we did not have a second or third string. A lot of kids were going both ways in every group. Coach Huckaby is just what our kids needed. He is bringing back old school discipline. I love it and so do the kids. I was very impressed with the Vidor kids. I hope you guys do very well this season because we are both on the other side of the bridge. ;D Even though we lost, I was very happy with the way  Orangefield played. They were overmatched and never backed down. When those kids who are going both ways get in shape, we will be tough. I thought we had some good looking kids also. 

OF will make some noise in their district.  I like the new coach over there. He is doing a great job with the short time he has had.

Good post Pirate. I saw the the same thing. Vidor has some strong looking kids. The numbers of the each school was evident in the 9th, JV and Varsity games. heck, we did not have a second or third string. A lot of kids were going both ways in every group. Coach Huckaby is just what our kids needed. He is bringing back old school discipline. I love it and so do the kids. I was very impressed with the Vidor kids. I hope you guys do very well this season because we are both on the other side of the bridge. ;D Even though we lost, I was very happy with the way  Orangefield played. They were overmatched and never backed down. When those kids who are going both ways get in shape, we will be tough. I thought we had some good looking kids also. 

Orange Field has nothing to be ashamed of. It s still very early in the season also.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder