Silsbee Eye's District Title

i would like to say to the Silsbee fans,  second place is not that bad.  winning the Distric Championship is not that big of a deal.  i know because "aggie" told me and i believe everything aggie says. So keep that smile on your face, from last year and forget about WOS.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i would like to say to the Silsbee fans,  second place is not that bad.  winning the Distric Championship is not that big of a deal.  i know because "aggie" told me and i believe everything aggie says. So keep that smile on your face, from last year and forget about WOS.

Do you have a man crush on him or something? You refer to him in almost all of your posts.

Silsbee vs wos is being billed as one of this seasons best. (and it should be).  In your opinion, does a victory in this game mean more to one school than the other?

Silsbee has had some good teams in the past, but has never been able to get over the hump and beat the mustangs on the scoreboard...and wos has had a stranglehold on this 3A district ever since it enter 3A.

I know all the "fluff" and what people are "supposed" to say about getting to the playoffs is the most important thing...yada...yada, but who is this game more important to?

I don't ever recall saying that winning a district championship was not that big a deal. All championships are important, including district titles.

Don't waist your time answering speveto Aggie. No matter what you say he is going to say the opposite. Ignore, Ignore Ignore. 

I don't ever recall saying that winning a district championship was not that big a deal. All championships are important, including district titles.

Don't waist your time answering speveto Aggie. No matter what you say he is going to say the opposite. Ignore, Ignore Ignore. 

I agree. Just don't like having words put in my mouth.

Guest tigersvoice

Silsbee vs wos is being billed as one of this seasons best. (and it should be).  In your opinion, does a victory in this game mean more to one school than the other?

Silsbee has had some good teams in the past, but has never been able to get over the hump and beat the mustangs on the scoreboard...and wos has had a stranglehold on this 3A district ever since it enter 3A.

I know all the "fluff" and what people are "supposed" to say about getting to the playoffs is the most important thing...yada...yada, but who is this game more important to?

Well, I'm a "Homer" but to me it seems like it would be more important to Silsbee.  First, for the explanation that you gave in

your post.  Then, with the way Silsbee went down in the 2008 season at WO-S, well that was hard to swallow.  Silsbee just needs to win one of these and the sooner the better to give them a little bit of a swagger.  And if not Silsbee, then who in 21-3A is going to lay that first district loss on WO-S since they dropped to 3A?  WO-S is way above all the other district competitors in talent and program.  They will not let one of those schools sneak up on them.  It will have to be Silsbee and that's why it more important to Silsbee.  Is this the year?  I don't know.  I've got to see a couple of games by both teams to be able to call that one.  IT WILL BE GOOD, THOUGH!    

IF these teams are as evenly matched as some believe(and for the record i dont think they are) then it comes down to coaching. And WO-S wins that battle hands down. The Silsbee qb is a stud no doubt. But they still continually have sub-par seasons.Im not from Mizzou but the tigers are gonna have to show me.

IF these teams are as evenly matched as some believe(and for the record i dont think they are) then it comes down to coaching. And WO-S wins that battle hands down. The Silsbee qb is a stud no doubt. But they still continually have sub-par seasons.Im not from Mizzou but the tigers are gonna have to show me.

I totally understand that sentiment.

Go back and watch some of the interviews with some of the coaches this year.  Half had stated that they would like to "just" get into the playoffs.....or..If we win these three....we are in.  I don't agree with setting your main goal as "just" getting in to the playoffs. How can you win in the playoffs or win the District Crown if your starting goal is to be 2nd or 3rd best?  You wont.

First goal, win district. Tell your kids to be the top team.  If there is a top dog in your district, knock them into 2nd place.  You cant go into the playoffs, until District play ends so... end District play on top.

Remind the kids that there is a Hump out there.....But put on your hiking boots on the 1st day, and get climbing. 

The game is more important to the climber.....Silsbee.

silsbeeD and mr BKJ85,no matter what was said by speveto to aggie it was  not to down him at all.aggie is a good man as speveto is both proud of there teams ,as we all are on this board.nowlisen up speveto is in love with a dallas cheerleader going to be married in sept, he is not into men  as one of you said ,that was very uncalled for.

silsbeeD and mr BKJ85,no matter what was said by speveto to aggie it was  not to down him at all.aggie is a good man as speveto is both proud of there teams ,as we all are on this board.nowlisen up speveto is in love with a dallas cheerleader going to be married in sept, he is not into men  as one of you said ,that was very uncalled for.

Don't kid yourself, skip. ;)

Guest rykerx144

I just looked at WOS schedule and the only other team (other than Silsbee) that is capable of giving the Stangs a L is?  anyone wanna guess?  LOL     

I just looked at WOS schedule and the only other team (other than Silsbee) that is capable of giving the Stangs a L is?  anyone wanna guess?   LOL     

Not Kirbyville.

I would say Nederland has a better chance than those Mildcats.

why? K'Ville running game should be the same unless i'm missing something

It was a joke man...I only said that because he always mentions aggie in his posts.

WO-S has more than bounced back after their two prior losses to Silsbee (and last year SHOULD have been a 3rd loss).

We were ranked #7 in '93 when we lost 14-20 and came back and won 22-7 in '94 with arguably a much less talented and unranked team.

In '98 we were ranked #2 and lost 20-21 and came back and won 26-9 in '99 with what was definitely a much younger and unranked team.

Even though we won in a squeaker in '08 it WAS our first real test after being forced to go without practice or play for a month due to Ike. This year (barring ANOTHER hurricane) we will have played Jasper and Kirbyville (unlike in '08) prior to facing Silsbee and should have almost twice the game experience as last year before facing the Tigers. The '09 team is just as good if not better than '08 and our coaching staff knows to take Silsbee very seriously.  It's also been awhile since Silsbee's been touted as highly as they have been this year so Silsbee needs to be careful of letting all the praise go to their heads. It's much harder to win when you have a target on your backs which apparently you kind of do this year.

Good luck!

Several valid points '87, and that goes to some of the playoff games in the past few years.  Some of these teams that beat WO-S in the playoffs recently have had uninterupted seasons.  The 'Stangs have been detoured during the last five years by storms that some of their opponents only saw on The Weather Channel.  That is not an excuse, it's a natural fact.  Whether or not if it was a factor may never be known.  The Silsbee/WO-S game is getting a lot of hype and will continue to do so mainly because Silsbee is getting some ink, and well deserved.  I don't foresee the Tigers upsetting the Mustangs but I'm keeping a tight rein due to the way the Tigers have a history of playing the 'Stangs tough, but still, don't be surprised if the hype is greater than the game itself.

aggie:  in a debate,  rule  #1.   when you are losing a debate, the only thing left for you to do is call your opponent a homosexual.  looks like i win again.  NOW TAKE THE COWARDS WAY OUT AND DELETE MY COMMENT.

When did I call you a homosexual?

Actually, I think you have lost it, speveto.

BTW, what did you win?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    pngbaseball33
    Newest Member
    pngbaseball33