2009 THSF Class 4A Pre-Season State & Regional Rankings

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OMG! Who comes up with this stuff? I bet they put all the teams on a Twister wheel and spin......whoever the needle hits first, is the #1 ranked team. What a joke. It's almost as bad as the 5A poll......... :D Where's Central on that poll? Last year they are a state quarterfinalist, and this year PN-G and Lumberton are ranked, in the state poll and in the Region 3 poll, and the Jags aren't? "Something stinks in suburbia!"

Garbage rankings.  PN-G didn't even make the playoffs last year and they up there....  Longview is No. 1?    And more confusing, no Central?  I don't care who they lost.  We alternated starters.  a lot of our young players played last year...  and besides, we made it 4 rounds deep....  Ohh well, once again, we have to prove ourself.  Let's get started, Jags...

Didn't we go though this two years ago with you guys on PN-G? Who was the one that platooned PN-G into a regional ranking despite them falling to 0-2 and not scoring a point .. only to see them make the playoffs later that season. Guess who had the last laugh that year... it was me.

bottom.gif

Okay lets.. do this like we did on the elitist 5A site offtopic.gif ....

In terms of PN-G's ranking... I think you guys are, like the 3A crowd is doing with Orangefield, underestimating the value of a top notch coach and his abilities. With a solid defense returning, nine of eleven starters to be exact, will keep this team in virtually every game. On top of that, the coach you have at PN-G is partly responsible for Permian's resurgence in recent years. Yes, he is an offensive oriented coach, which should help PN-G's transition quicker than you think.

Lumberton... if you are doubting the Raiders again, you need your eyes checked. If it makes things even more enticing, I think Lumberton is a real sleeper in the district race and possibly the region. Sure, they lost Kyle Gillam and Hunter Howden.. the Lumberton defense will be fairly decent again 2009 and with the players they have coming in on offense, the Raiders have a shot to surprise people.

Beaumont Central... not only did they lose their coach, they have to deal with the loss of 18 starters. And you expect this team to be ranked in a district that is one of the better ones in the region?

Friendswood... yes they lost Jacob Karam.The Mustangs have 14 starters back and after reaching the state semi-finals. Among them is one of the area's top running back's in Andrew Cole. And from every person I have talked to, the QB that is replacing Karam, Peter Matzold (a junior FYI), is more than capable of stepping in without issues. I dont think Friendswood is going to miss a beat in 2009.

Didn't we go though this two years ago with you guys on PN-G? Who was the one that platooned PN-G into a regional ranking despite them falling to 0-2 and not scoring a point .. only to see them make the playoffs later that season. Guess who had the last laugh that year... it was me.

bottom.gif

Okay lets.. do this like we did on the elitist 5A site offtopic.gif ....

In terms of PN-G's ranking... I think you guys are, like the 3A crowd is doing with Orangefield, underestimating the value of a top notch coach and his abilities. With a solid defense returning, nine of eleven starters to be exact, will keep this team in virtually every game. On top of that, the coach you have at PN-G is partly responsible for Permian's resurgence in recent years. Yes, he is an offensive oriented coach, which should help PN-G's transition quicker than you think.

Lumberton... if you are doubting the Raiders again, you need your eyes checked. If it makes things even more enticing, I think Lumberton is a real sleeper in the district race and possibly the region. Sure, they lost Kyle Gillam and Hunter Howden.. the Lumberton defense will be fairly decent again 2009 and with the players they have coming in on offense, the Raiders have a shot to surprise people.

Beaumont Central... not only did they lose their coach, they have to deal with the loss of 18 starters. And you expect this team to be ranked in a district that is one of the better ones in the region?

Friendswood... yes they lost Jacob Karam.The Mustangs have 14 starters back and after reaching the state semi-finals. Among them is one of the area's top running back's in Andrew Cole. And from every person I have talked to, the QB that is replacing Karam, Peter Matzold (a junior FYI), is more than capable of stepping in without issues. I dont think Friendswood is going to miss a beat in 2009.

Nice reply, keep'em coming TexasHSFootball.

FRiendswood #6?They'll have plenty of trouble in district.Upstart teams like Dawson(11/11 O/D)Manvel(10/7 O/D)gave the Mustangs plenty of trouble in 08.Angleton will win it but perrenial powers LaMarque/TX City will make some noise over there.This race will be like the 20-4A race with 4-5 teams contending week by week.As for Crosby(overrated)lost WR-playmaker Xavier Franks(transferred to Dayton)The Coogs return 4 defensive starters that gave up lots of big plays in 08.I could posts some others but what for-Just a prediction-But I have mine too and it is quite differant as I look to see how the JV teams of 08 did.Next circumstances that have changed w/players and coaching.

Liltex's anti-Friendswood bias (really jealousy) aside, I have to tell you that Friendswood does return a lot of starters and other who played lots of minutes on last year's state semifinalist team.  Yes, the district is stacked, but Friendswood and Angleton should be alone at the top this year.  

As for Maetzold, he has great size and arm strength, and I expect that he will be top notch.  He does not quite have Karam's escapability and poise under pressure, and the receiving corps may not be as great this year.  Fortunately, with Cole returning, Maetzold does not have to be the focal point all the time like Karam was last year.  And, the defense will be incredibly stout.

Friendswood vs. Dayton is gonna be awesome, and maybe a preview of the playoffs.  

Guest falcons93

No offense THSFootball, Faircloth might be the next Vince Lombardi. But (Top Notch) might be a little premature. As a head coach hes yet to piss a drop.

ya for real wasnt there a coach name moody that was going to turn lcm around? you png people are reaching with this guy. he better be good cause yall ate got that much from what i read about. yall beat dayton call me.

Game of the year maybe?Sam should have a few words for us coming soon.Yes that district has been good many years.Friendswood jealousy?None.You've had the Broncos number in pre-seasons past.We had our rebounds later.Dayton is looking at scrimmage #1-WOS-Friendswood in reg.season gm #2.Defensively this may be the Broncos BEST ever.On the 08 underclass team moving up-JV (1)loss after moving Delasbour to varsity.24-6 last 2 yrs.-2 in a row to the semis-not worried bout the Wood at Dayton.Playoff's in 09-Dayton WILL be there when the smoke clears.Lost some talent but the talent pool is outstanding for awhile.

Liltex's anti-Friendswood bias (really jealousy) aside, I have to tell you that Friendswood does return a lot of starters and other who played lots of minutes on last year's state semifinalist team.  Yes, the district is stacked, but Friendswood and Angleton should be alone at the top this year.  

As for Maetzold, he has great size and arm strength, and I expect that he will be top notch.  He does not quite have Karam's escapability and poise under pressure, and the receiving corps may not be as great this year.  Fortunately, with Cole returning, Maetzold does not have to be the focal point all the time like Karam was last year.  And, the defense will be incredibly stout.

Friendswood vs. Dayton is gonna be awesome, and maybe a preview of the playoffs.  

Well. I hate to say it but Friendswood is expected to be good, as far as I am concerned. I know we have taken some hard loses at their hands in recent years but that's why we play them. They start every year good, like WOS, that's the reason we play them. They deserve their ranking until proven otherwise.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder