2009 THSF Class 4A Pre-Season State & Regional Rankings

Garbage rankings.  PN-G didn't even make the playoffs last year and they up there....  Longview is No. 1?    And more confusing, no Central?  I don't care who they lost.  We alternated starters.  a lot of our young players played last year...  and besides, we made it 4 rounds deep....  Ohh well, once again, we have to prove ourself.  Let's get started, Jags...

I'm not sure if I believe we should be there or not but last year means nothing. In 1999 we played in the state championship game and turned around in 2000 and failed to make the playoffs. Last years record doesn't have much bearing on this year. The only thing that helped is getting some of the guys that will be filling in for the ones lost to graduation four more weeks of practice.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't we go though this two years ago with you guys on PN-G? Who was the one that platooned PN-G into a regional ranking despite them falling to 0-2 and not scoring a point .. only to see them make the playoffs later that season. Guess who had the last laugh that year... it was me.

bottom.gif

Okay lets.. do this like we did on the elitist 5A site offtopic.gif ....

In terms of Pang's ranking... I think you guys are, like the 3A crowd is doing with Orangefield, underestimating the value of a top notch coach and his abilities. With a solid defense returning, nine of eleven starters to be exact, will keep this team in virtually every game. On top of that, the coach you have at PN-G is partly responsible for Permian's resurgence in recent years. Yes, he is an offensive oriented coach, which should help Pang's transition quicker than you think.

Lumberton... if you are doubting the Raiders again, you need your eyes checked. If it makes things even more enticing, I think Lumberton is a real sleeper in the district race and possibly the region. Sure, they lost Kyle Gillam and Hunter Howden.. the Lumberton defense will be fairly decent again 2009 and with the players they have coming in on offense, the Raiders have a shot to surprise people.

Beaumont Central... not only did they lose their coach, they have to deal with the loss of 18 starters. And you expect this team to be ranked in a district that is one of the better ones in the region?

Friendswood... yes they lost Jacob Karim.The Mustangs have 14 starters back and after reaching the state semifinals. Among them is one of the area's top running back's in Andrew Cole. And from every person I have talked to, the QB that is replacing Karim, Peter Matzot (a junior FYI), is more than capable of stepping in without issues. I dint think Friendswood is going to miss a beat in 2009.

Nice reply, keeper coming .

ok u say png has a solid defens coming back with 9 of 11 starters coming back.well i hate to tell u this but vidor has 18 starters coming back and they finished higher than y'all in district last year so what makes u think that y'all will be any better than us? and don't even say its bc were vidor, bc the name doesn't mean anything. IMO i think to many ppl are under estimating vidor this year. these kids played hard and missed out of playoff by one game last year and almost beat central(lost by 1 point with a mist field goal and blocked extra point) and central went 4 rounds deep. but vidor will make playoffs and suprise a lot of ppl in SETX.

Didn't we go though this two years ago with you guys on PN-G? Who was the one that platooned PN-G into a regional ranking despite them falling to 0-2 and not scoring a point .. only to see them make the playoffs later that season. Guess who had the last laugh that year... it was me.

bottom.gif

In terms of Pang's ranking... I think you guys are, like the 3A crowd is doing with Orangefield, underestimating the value of a top notch coach and his abilities. With a solid defense returning, nine of eleven starters to be exact, will keep this team in virtually every game. On top of that, the coach you have at PN-G is partly responsible for Permian's resurgence in recent years. Yes, he is an offensive oriented coach, which should help Pang's transition quicker than you think.

Lumberton... if you are doubting the Raiders again, you need your eyes checked. If it makes things even more enticing, I think Lumberton is a real sleeper in the district race and possibly the region. Sure, they lost Kyle Gillam and Hunter Howden.. the Lumberton defense will be fairly decent again 2009 and with the players they have coming in on offense, the Raiders have a shot to surprise people.

Beaumont Central... not only did they lose their coach, they have to deal with the loss of 18 starters. And you expect this team to be ranked in a district that is one of the better ones in the region?

Friendswood... yes they lost Jacob Karim.The Mustangs have 14 starters back and after reaching the state semifinals. Among them is one of the area's top running back's in Andrew Cole. And from every person I have talked to, the QB that is replacing Karim, Peter Matzot (a junior FYI), is more than capable of stepping in without issues. I dint think Friendswood is going to miss a beat in 2009.

ok u say png has a solid defens coming back with 9 of 11 starters coming back.well i hate to tell u this but vidor has 18 starters coming back and they finished higher than y'all in district last year so what makes u think that y'all will be any better than us? and don't even say its bc were vidor, bc the name doesn't mean anything. IMO i think to many ppl are under estimating vidor this year. these kids played hard and missed out of playoff by one game last year and almost beat central(lost by 1 point with a mist field goal and blocked extra point) and central went 4 rounds deep. but vidor will make playoffs and suprise a lot of ppl in SETX.

I didn't realize I was a fan or was from PN-G... rain.gif

Guest Lions

bottom.gif

Vidor GOES TO PNG this year!! Different team this year.

bottom.gif

I didn't realize I was a fan or was from PN-G... rain.gif

Did someone from PNG throw you some $$$ for that ranking? I would love to see PNG lace it up with Marshall. Marshall would wipe the floor with the boys in purple.

Don't konw much about Marshall YET...But wouldn't mind seeing that matchup in the playoffs after that comment. 

You must have a short memory bc last time our district came south stomped a hole in your district. Kilgore, Jacksonville and Marshall ring a bell? Ask Nederland, Ozen, and I want to say PNG. Was not good and history will repeat itself IF your teams get that far. Last year Longview lost to Lake Travis and SS won state. Toughest district in the state for four-a.

Don't konw much about Marshall YET...But wouldn't mind seeing that matchup in the playoffs after that comment. 

You must have a short memory bc last time our district came south stomped a hole in your district. Kilgore, Jacksonville and Marshall ring a bell? Ask Nederland, Ozen, and I want to say PNG. Was not good and history will repeat itself IF your teams get that far. Last year Longview lost to Lake Travis and SS won state. Toughest district in the state for four-a.

etbu, I am a bit confused. Aren't you a Huffman guy? Where is this Marshall stuff coming from? Wouldn't your district be 22-3A?

If your from that district why are you on a SETX Message board?

etbu, I am a bit confused. Aren't you a Huffman guy? Where is this Marshall stuff coming from? Wouldn't your district be 22-3A?

If he is from Huffman when have they ever done anything??? Huffman can't even do anything in 3a.

If he is from Huffman when have they ever done anything??? Huffman can't even do anything in 3a.

Huffman has done as much as PNG over the last two years. Son graduated from Huffman last year and my home base is Marshall. Heading back this year to support the Mavs bc Junior is playing at Etbu.  ;D My point is that if PNG and Crosby are rated higher than Marshall someting  is smelly about  this poll.  ???

I remember that...PNG got smashed by Kilgore (Eventual State Champs that year).  Your district had a great year, congrats.  You want to talk about the past?  How many State Championships does Marshall have?  How many times have they played in the championship game?  I know they lost in the championship game back to back years recently, again congrats on that accomplishment.  What before that?

Marshall won state in ninety and lost two years in row once to Ennis and Highland Park. My point is that this poll is slanted and no way that PNG should be ranked this high. You think your Indians could run with the likes of Longview, Texas High, SS and Marshall? Ya right. OVERRATED boys that's all. You have your opinion and I have mine. Now get some sleep and realize that the good old days are over. Hang with or beat Dayton and then you can come see us.  ;D

You obviously don't know what is going on at PNG.  Pay attention over the next several years...You might be impressed.  

I'm not bashing any teams you speak of.  We all have good and bad years.  

Your talking about a team that has been successful for 80+ years...the good old days are far from over.

Brenham does have a tuff young QB again.That dude popped right up from some extra loud Bronco hits last year.They do talk trash alot on the field,we will see maybe again if they can back it up.

Yeah Brenham did have a tough QB but our inexperienced LB's were soft but this year, we got a stout defense "no lie".. Chris "ballpoint" Young is back and hungry to take somebody head off @ 6'5"

Friendswood will NOT be #6 after visiting Bronco stadium.

Should be a great game.

Look for the Bronco Defense to dominate.

Purple 4Ever, you are so predictable that I can almost set my clock by you.  Every pre-season you post on here predicting that Dayton will dominate Friendswood, and then, after the game (or should I say romp) is actualy played, you eat your words and start making excuses.  ;D ;D ;D

You obviously don't know what is going on at PNG.  Pay attention over the next several years...You might be impressed.  

I'm not bashing any teams you speak of.  We all have good and bad years.  

Your talking about a team that has been successful for 80+ years...the good old days are far from over.

NDN I am very familiar with your program and just funning with you guys. PNG has a great tradition and am sure that the new Coach will get it going. With the district that we are in don't even know if we can get out of it alive.  HOPEFULLY we can keep our kids focused and make a run at it. . Good luck to all the area teams and wish a safe and fun year for all.

poll is a joke. Rider #30---behind PNG???    get outta here.

Scooter does Longview play Lufkin this year?

Yup, I wish i could make it, it should be another great game. I think its in Lufkin this year so if you going get there an hour early.

Not to hijack a thread Scooter I think the men from Lobo country may have something for the Pack. Seen that qb from Longview in summer seven on seven?  ??? ??? ??? WOW is all I have to say and they have some speed. Wish I could make the ALlen Longview game.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami

• What the writer stated wrt crossover votes in the primary/runoff: "Covey and his supporters Paxton and Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick said Phelan only won because Democrats crossed over to vote in the Republican Primary for him. Paxton said Covey’s campaign identified “at least” 1,442 Democrats who voted early in Jefferson County in the primary runoff. Texas does not have party registration, but a voter’s primary voting history is public. The Covey campaign has not released its methodology behind its claim, but  This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up  by The Texan news website found that 9% of Republican voters in the March District 21 primary had voted in one of the previous four Democratic primaries. However, only 5% of that group had voted in all four previous Democratic primaries. What Phelan’s opponents did not mention is historically Democratic Jefferson County is undergoing a political transition towards the Republican party — the county judge switched his affiliation to the GOP in 2017 — so many residents have a mixed primary voting history. And Phelan’s allies in the House dismissed the idea that liberals swung the election. "I knocked on doors, hundreds and hundreds of doors, made calls for Dade,” Republican Rep. Jeff Leach, R-Plano, said on Mark Davis’ radio program Wednesday. “I did not speak to a single Democrat down here in HD21. Not a single one." "  
    • He's with it enough to do what he's told, beginning day 1 when he signed the order to revoke the Keystone Pipeline project.  But more recently, he's protecting the DOJ, as well as himself ...  This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up  
    • Most 75-80 year Olds have some type of cognitive impairment. If you are asking if Biden has dementia then my answer is no. That is a Republican talking point. If you all think he has dementia what type do you think he has?
    • A lot better showing from the Ags tonight!   Bring on Oregon 
  • Topics