Thoughts on lumbertons QB

Hughes' passing looked great during 7 on 7 this year.  He looked very comfortable with the offense and at times L-Town was near unstoppable.  He called his own plays and had no problem looking at 3 different receivers each snap where last year he only looked for one or two.  He's got a great arm and throws the long ball well.  He also turned out to be a tougher runner than expected.  Expect more QB options to be incorporated into this year's offense.  L-Town is definitely set at QB.

Hughes' passing looked great during 7 on 7 this year.  He looked very comfortable with the offense and at times L-Town was near unstoppable.  He called his own plays and had no problem looking at 3 different receivers each snap where last year he only looked for one or two.  He's got a great arm and throws the long ball well.  He also turned out to be a tougher runner than expected.  Expect more QB options to be incorporated into this year's offense.  L-Town is definitely set at QB.

Man I like seeing this. Last year you could see he had a great arm, but he just wasn't consistent. With him getting more comfortable, we definitely should have a more open game and with the RyanExpress being added as the feature running back this oughta be a high scoring team. LOL, the backfield is gonna sound like a legal firm.... Ryan and Ryan  ;).

Hope he is quick in the pocket,because we are coming for him!!

Well you better bring your A game because he will run it right up the gut all nite long if he has too! 

He is a tough kid! He will only be a junior this year so I expect to see some key improvements made compared to his play last year.

2 of the 3 starters we lost are playing Division 1 football now, do the math. lol

And our next best returner is not playing on the line this year do to a neck injury.

So from what I know, that leaves Senior Joey Swetland (played a good bit last year), Senior Daniel Herman (who also played a good bit), Tight end Ty Choate (started all year), Tight end/Tackle? Caleb Schexnider (started all year). That means there will be atleast 3 new members of the offensive line this year that were on JV last year. One of which is Hunter Howden's (Tulane) little brother, Carter Howden. Last I heard he was playing center.

2 of the 3 starters we lost are playing Division 1 football now, do the math. lol

And our next best returner is not playing on the line this year do to a neck injury.

So from what I know, that leaves Senior Joey Swetland (played a good bit last year), Senior Daniel Herman (who also played a good bit), Tight end Ty Choate (started all year), Tight end/Tackle? Caleb Schexnider (started all year). That means there will be atleast 3 new members of the offensive line this year that were on JV last year. One of which is Hunter Howden's (Tulane) little brother, Carter Howden. Last I heard he was playing center.

Thanks for the info AJ

Troy Carpenter will be moving from a receiver position to guard, not sure which side. According to what he told me, although they won't be as big as last year they will be much faster.

Doc cleared Hunter Grillo to play. He'll be startin and leading the O-line next year.

Doc cleared Hunter Grillo to play. He'll be startin and leading the O-line next year.

thats great to hear, where are they playing?

Guest Its_All_About_Tha_U

Hughes looked good to me at practice this evening. Looked like he put on a little more weight since last year and had some zip on the ball and was very accurate with his throws. He also looked more poised in the pocket.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder