PNG PONY 13's

PNG PONY 13's has avanced to the championship game on Sunday by beating Brown Park,LA (8-1) on Friday, SATS (Lafayette,LA) 18-2 this morning, and then we beat Baytown this evening 7-1. We will play the winner of Baytown and Pasadena at 1:30 on Sunday. We will have to be beat twice. We are in good shape with all of our pitcher's. If we get forced to a second game we will have our ace ready again. He dominated this evening and he was not his normal self, he battled control problems with an umpire that had a very tight zone. We have hit the ball very well.

Guest gladiator2

Wrong person 4x4. You were right about the kid that throws 82. A few of our guys faced him last year when he played for Army baseball. Not only does he throw hard, he is a little wild. I wanted to know which kid threw 80 on their team and a guy said he throws 82 and it was his son. He pointed him out and I recognized him from select ball. Should be a good game today. Hopefully we can end it today. Don't really want to have to drive through this rediculous traffic around the Baytown area.

Congrats to the 13's on a ridiculously good run through this tournament! So far it sounds like everything you guys had hoped for has happened including a huge coaching blunder by Baytown!! It seems like they may have underestimated you guys and now it appears they will pay for that one!! Please update ASAP the score and tournament bracket.

Guest gladiator2

They were saving him for the championship but he started today and we knocked him out in the 2nd inning with the score 5-0. Today he was not throwing 80, maybe 75. We knew we would hit the ball. I told the guys if they hit the ball and scored a couple of runs off of him than he would take himself out with a hurt arm and that's exactly what happened. We beat them 13-3. We made a few errors today that led to those runs. Their defense also hurt them today. We won this tournament decisively by outscoring our opponents 47-7. In two tournaments we have outscored our opponents 116-11. Kyle Chapman already had Baytown penciled in for the Coast champion, they could not believe we beat them. Most of this team has been playing against stiff competiton for several years now. It was always a matter of putting the egos aside and playing as a team and that's what they have done. A very fun group to be around. Our work is not complete though, our goal is to get to California. Next weekend will be tough but we expect to take care of Florida Friday night and we would would not see Kyle Chapman until the 3rd round. I would not bet against these boys next weekend. The Tribe is alive!

Guest gladiator2

Honestly, I don't think it would have mattered if he started yesterday because we only gave up 1 run against them yesterday. A couple of our guys played for Gladiator Baseball and a few played for Johnny's Drake's last year. This year it has just been our All Star team.

Guest gladiator2

We will be playing at Kyle Chapman Pony in Houston at 6:00 Friday against some cubans out of Florida. They say that this Florida team should be tough and we expect every team there to be pretty stout. Our guys have accepted every challenge thrown their way. We were really preparing them to be challenged with some good pitching this past weekend and it never really happened. I just hope that it has not been too easy for them. Hopefully in practice this week they understand that the competition will jump up considerably this weekend. I expect that they will be ready. This is the best group that I've been around. They have really played together as a team and have had a lot of fun. They have one more goal to reach and then hopefully off to California.

Guest gladiator2

The bracket is located @ www.eteamz.com/kcpony. Is there anyone on here that played for the 02' team. If so, I have a favor to ask for Wednesday at 6:30 if available. Thank's.

Guest gladiator2

From what we are hearing, we are not getting much respect again. Predictions are for Miami and Kyle Chapman to have a dogfight. Looks like we will be going to spoil someone's party. One swing of the bat will change any game in this tournament as it is only 250' to left and right and 302' in center.

Guest gladiator2

We appear to be the underdogs going into this tournament. We are in the hotel with a few of the teams and our boys are just telling the other teams that we are just an average team. The Miami player's and and our guys have been hanging out and all they have been hearing is how good they are. We found out this morning that they have a couple of player's that they just added but we had to know at the meeting yesterday to be able to do anything about it. This same team won a trip to Williamsport last year but got disqualified for using inelgible player's before they got there. We have learned that several of these teams play in select leagues sanctioned by PONY and when All-Stars arrive they can pick up kid's from other teams from their league. Something to know for next year because we had 3 select teams in our league this year but the kid's from those teams were not elgible. Our guys are still very confident and expect to win this thing. They know they are being overlooked and look to prove people wrong. Hopefully, the weather lets us get this thing in. The parents are nervous and the boy's appear to be very loose. Our boys said after tonite the Cuban's will not want to be friends anymore. More to come!

• 9 months later...
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder