Nederland vs. WOS Week 0 Prediction?

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How many 15 year old players are missing?  Are these guys relevant?  

Steven Schlett (jr.) and Corbin Carr (so.) are the only two that I know of.  Schlett saw significant time last year in the playoffs at WR and DB.  Carr is a D-lineman that will get in the rotation once he gets back.

Gonna be a good one at the Corral, always is. Just seems that in the past when so many pick against nederland to win it, they somehow find a way to pull it out (02 and 03 for example). Still will be close, nobody runs off on this one.

Nederland 20 - WOS 17

If that's the case Godfather, I modify my predicition to this:

WOS -157

Nederland - 0

I think all players are relevant. It's just that these 2 guys had limited playing time last year and will have to work their way back into the system after they return .. as for as it hurting the team as it stands right now, they really have'nt been there all this year yet anyway, so i would'nt think so. But, they will both be a valuable asset to our team when they return.

Nederland  24

Stark        21

I think all players are relevant. It's just that these 2 guys had limited playing time last year and will have to work their way back into the system after they return .. as for as it hurting the team as it stands right now, they really have'nt been there all this year yet anyway, so i would'nt think so. But, they will both be a valuable asset to our team when they return.

Nederland  24

Stark        21

I was the poster that asked if the players that were playing baseball were "relevant".  This may have been a strong word to use and I didn't mean any disrespect because we are talking about young men.  I know that all players are relevant on a team no matter what their role may be.  I was simply asking if these 15 yr. old players were returning starters or projected starters at positions with little depth.  For example, is the starting quarterback out playing baseball?  (Its football season, time to put down the bat and glove.  ;D ;D)  I know whenever WOS was a small 4A when I graduated, there were only 2-3 sophmores on Varsity that got significant playing time.  I didn't know that a bigger school like Nederland relied on younger players as much as WOS does now with enrollment continuing on the decline. 

Nederland 17

WOS 27

Guest Brubaker

Schlett is a junior and fairly seasoned receiver that will be missed.  He had a great coming out party last year in the playoffs.  Carr is unproven, but would've added depth to a defense that will be tested.  I understood the question around relevance, it wasn't directed at the kids, it was directed at the outcome of the game.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder