Early Thoughts on Realignment?

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any chances any of the current 3A schools move down to 2A? I believe Orangefield is the smallest but I don't know how small.

I believe Orangefield was somewhere around 100 over the cutoff for 2A last realignment. I don't see us dropping anytime soon. I believe some of our lower grades have quite a few students in them so our numbers will increase in the years to come

Toughest district in the state?  Who are you guys kidding.  Any district that includes Angleton, Friendswood, LaMarque and Texas City beats whatever permutation you want to throw together.  

you serious? i'll go on record as saying LM has athletes but they are down, only cause of coaching.

Guest FreshmanPhenom#17

How much will the numbers change? Does Kirbyville move back to 3A?

Kirbyville will move back up to 3-A because they have 452 people enrolled there now and the top number for 2-A is 429

What is funny is I remember this same thread being started oh, about two years ago and the same things were being said then. Different schools but basically the same things.

We can all speculate and do our thing, but when it comes down to it the UIL will do what they think is best regardless of what we like. I know that the statements I made earlier are based on information from 4-5 people in both Goose Creek and Humble ISD who work with the numbers and what their opinions about realignment but even they could be wrong.

Toughest district in the state?  Who are you guys kidding.  Any district that includes Angleton, Friendswood, LaMarque and Texas City beats whatever permutation you want to throw together.  

Angelton? Maybe Friendswood, LM, and TC, but heck Lumberton beat LM just two years ago in the playoffs. I'll take 20-4A over that district with Dayton and BH in our district.

Angelton? Maybe Friendswood, LM, and TC, but heck Lumberton beat LM just two years ago in the playoffs. I'll take 20-4A over that district with Dayton and BH in our district.

Actually, Angelton was a regional semi-finalist last year and is picked to win this district this year by DCTF. BTW, LaMarque is picked to finish 7th out of this 8 team district by DCTF.

To me it's a 3 team district with Angelton, Friendswood and Texas City. That fourth spot is up for grabs. The suprise team should be Pearland Dawson. They are returning all 52 letterman and all 22 starters from last year's first ever varsity team that went 4-4, 3-4 in district.

Does anyone know where Huffman numbers are, should be close to moving up and throwing another kink in everything. Honestly though, I would think anything involving Humble and Livingston may very well pull Dayton north. Humble, Livingston, New Caney, Porter, Kingwood Park, Dayton, Crosby, ??Huffman???. The logistics to this are just way to obvious!

Actually, Angelton was a regional semi-finalist last year and is picked to win this district this year by DCTF. BTW, LaMarque is picked to finish 7th out of this 8 team district by DCTF.

To me it's a 3 team district with Angelton, Friendswood and Texas City. That fourth spot is up for grabs. The suprise team should be Pearland Dawson. They are returning all 52 letterman and all 22 starters from last year's first ever varsity team that went 4-4, 3-4 in district.

I know the team that got beat by Central. Pearland Dawson should be going 5A at next realignment. I still think team for team if we included BH and Dayton for all around sports would be tough in 20-4A. Thier district has historically been tough with large 4A schools (TC,Angelton, and couple others) that use to be 5A. I still say we're better overall, but I'm speaking as a homer

Kirbyville will move back up to 3-A because they have 452 people enrolled there now and the top number for 2-A is 429

Man, Kirbyville is growing.....It is like they and Lumberton who are actually having a good increase in their school census.  

Are there any other schools growing a great deal in the area? Orangefield? Silsbee? LCM?

Man, Kirbyville is growing.....It is like they and Lumberton who are actually having a good increase in their school census.  

Are there any other schools growing a great deal in the area? Orangefield? Silsbee? LCM?

Silsbee is pretty stable right now. We have stayed around that 850 number for a few years now.

It happens every other year...........I am still waiting to see that post that promises that they have inside information from some clandestine UIL source about the "cut-off" numbers for each classification.  We see it every realignment, and it is ALWAYS wrong! ;) Be looking for it in the coming months !!! ::)

Orangefield may have a few more students, but it will not be enough to make a difference as far as realignment goes.  I would guess somewhere around 530.  They will still be on the lower end of the numbers for 3A.

Why does everyone on here think Huffman is moving up? I live in Dayton so I don't know much about them but it seems like this is not the first time I have seen them mentioned as one of the schools moving up or down as the case may be.

I went and played golf at the course there in Huffman a couple of weeks ago and there was something like 10 homes with for sale signs in the neighborhood around the course alone, that does not look like a good sign of people moving in to me. But I could be wrong.

I know that what I saw on one day is not a true measuring stick but was just curious. Other than the apartments as you go into the bridge I don't see any new developments in Huffman.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder