Early Thoughts on Realignment?

Why does everyone on here think Huffman is moving up? I live in Dayton so I don't know much about them but it seems like this is not the first time I have seen them mentioned as one of the schools moving up or down as the case may be.

I went and played golf at the course there in Huffman a couple of weeks ago and there was something like 10 homes with for sale signs in the neighborhood around the course alone, that does not look like a good sign of people moving in to me. But I could be wrong.

I know that what I saw on one day is not a true measuring stick but was just curious. Other than the apartments as you go into the bridge I don't see any new developments in Huffman.

No. 1 reason Huffman is mentioned is the fact that they were 4A just 2 years ago, and they barley missed the cut as I recall last time. The development in Huffman is there, it just has not got the normal town development feel to it. No.2 With Atascocita, Dayton, New Caney and Crosby as your nearest neighbors the growth is coming and coming quick, as matter of fact a good deal of Huffman is already in Houston as it is patrolled by their police.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Crosby and Huffman both have no police dept.and is patrolled by Harris county sheriff's dept.On the growth factor back in the 70's two huge subdivisions Lochshire and Idlelock were platted for some 3,000 new residents w/shopping malls etc.and it fizzled out.Now down the road north The Commons is sold out and alot of homes springing up.The old saying you build it and they will come.There is alot of property left to build on as Kingwood/Atascosita/Humble is pretty much developed.Look for Cleveland area to bloom soon w/new business hiway 105 is underway w/project completion in 5 yrs from start date.Hear it will cross I-59-I-45-on out to 290.Once stood a tiny little town w/a artesian well in the middle in the mid 60's that had 1 little 2A high school-Humble,Tx.w/1,600 residents.Now there is how many high schools?Dayton will soon probably be moved back into 20-4A or UIL will need to add a new district totally.

Crosby and Huffman both have no police dept.and is patrolled by Harris county sheriff's dept.On the growth factor back in the 70's two huge subdivisions Lochshire and Idlelock were platted for some 3,000 new residents w/shopping malls etc.and it fizzled out.Now down the road north The Commons is sold out and alot of homes springing up.The old saying you build it and they will come.There is alot of property left to build on as Kingwood/Atascosita/Humble is pretty much developed.Look for Cleveland area to bloom soon w/new business hiway 105 is underway w/project completion in 5 yrs from start date.Hear it will cross I-59-I-45-on out to 290.Once stood a tiny little town w/a artesian well in the middle in the mid 60's that had 1 little 2A high school-Humble,Tx.w/1,600 residents.Now there is how many high schools?Dayton will soon probably be moved back into 20-4A or UIL will need to add a new district totally.

going to be interesting on the realignment. they'll have to make a new district if they keep moving schools down to 4-a or up to 4-a. getting too many lol ??? ??? :D :D

Mabe we Should have a 24 an 20 4A Round robin

Central vs Angelton             Can go either Way. Very Good ATH's

Friendswood vs Nederland     Both Good passing Teams

Lumberton vs Texas City      Very Intresting Match up..TC is Very Good this Yr

Vidor vs Dawson                  Both Teams has Alot of experience Back

Manvel vs P.N.G                  Both Teams lookn to Turn it around this YR

La Marque vs Ozen              Both Teams Looking to Get back to the Old Glory Days

Livingston vs Brazosport       Both Are Young

Sante Fe vs LCM                Intresting Match up  ;) both Teams looking for 1st Win

Guest Ranger83

La Marque vs Ozen              Both Teams Looking to Get back to the Old Glory Days

Sante Fe vs LCM                Intresting Match up  ;) both Teams looking for 1st Win

After seeing Dawson last year, they could beat any team on this list. They are loaded will skill position tallent.

Guest A-TOWN

2A

22-2A

Corrigan-Camden

Groveton

Hemphill

San Augustine

Shelbyville

Woodville

23-2A

Anahuac

Buna

Deweyville

East Chambers

Hardin

Kountze

Newton

Warren

• 2 months later...

After seeing Dawson last year, they could beat any team on this list. They are loaded will skill position tallent.

I take one of the Dawson 0-lineman and his dad fishing offshore.  The kid is about 6-6 or 6-7 and 320 or more as a junior.  His dad was a receiver/defensive back for Kansas.  They have some athletes in that area and they start early.  Good team. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder