Early Thoughts on Realignment?

Still 7 months away but what could be some bubble teams to go up or down? Will the split division system be put in place? Also what would you like to see happen to your district?

Here are the numbers from last realignment along with some schools that are close to a cutoff with their current enrollment....

5A 2085+

4A 980 - 2084

3A 430 - 979

2A 200 - 429

1A 199 and under

H-D (190) -- 10 below the 2008 2A cutoff

Anahuac (412) -- 18 below the 2008 3A cutoff

Kirbyville (426) -- 4 below the 2008 3A cutoff

* enrollment numbers from DCTF

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Anahuac and Kirbyville both move back up to 3A then I see this 6 team district happening................

Orangefield

WOS

Bridge City

Hardin-Jefferson

Hamshire-Fannett

Anahuac

Silsbee, Kirbyville and Jasper would all three be in a district north of the Golden Triange. 

If Kirbyville moves up and Anahuac stays in 2A then I see this eight team district...........

Orangefield

WOS

Bridge City

Hardin-Jefferson

Hamshire-Fannett

Kirbyville

Jasper

Silsbee

Should be interesting to see how the numbers fall this year!!!!!!  Will the hurricane have any affect on the numbers with kids leaving and not returning???

Based on statements from coaches in both Goose Creek and Humble ISD there will be quite a few new 4A's in the Houston area.

I have been told by coaches in both school districts that the following schools are all going to be 4A but Summer Creek is not competing in varsity level competition the first year. That could be ten teams not counting them that are all reasonably close to each other so who knows.

Baytown Lee

Baytown Sterling

Goose Creek Memorial

Dayton

Barbers Hill

Crosby

Kingwood Park

Humble (this is from a Humble coach who told me they were dropping)

Summer Creek

North Forest

CE King

Actually, I don't expect to see much movement.  When you have as many teams in a potential district as could be in 19-4A or 20-4A, that is when the UIL will adjust the numbers to ensure "equality" within the districts.

They could split it up:

Dayton

Lee

Sterling

GC Memorial

BH

CE King

In the other :

Crosby

Humble

Summmer Creek

NF

Kingwoood Park

Don't see all three Baytown or Humble schools going to 4A, but I might be wrong. I think we'll lose Livingston and add Dayton and/or BH in 20-4A

Central

Ozen

Lumberton

Vidor

LCM

PNG

Nederland

Dayton

BH

They could split it up:

Dayton

Lee

Sterling

GC Memorial

BH

CE King

In the other :

Crosby

Humble

Summmer Creek

NF

Kingwoood Park

Don't see all three Baytown or Humble schools going to 4A, but I might be wrong. I think we'll lose Livingston and add Dayton and/or BH in 20-4A

Central

Ozen

Lumberton

Vidor

LCM

PNG

Nederland

Dayton

BH

With the UIL, we could end up with Stephenville, Austin Westlake and Pampa in our district.  :D:P

Based on statements from coaches in both Goose Creek and Humble ISD there will be quite a few new 4A's in the Houston area.

I have been told by coaches in both school districts that the following schools are all going to be 4A but Summer Creek is not competing in varsity level competition the first year. That could be ten teams not counting them that are all reasonably close to each other so who knows.

Baytown Lee

Baytown Sterling

Goose Creek Memorial

Dayton

Barbers Hill

Crosby

Kingwood Park

Humble (this is from a Humble coach who told me they were dropping)

Summer Creek

North Forest

CE King

There will also be Porter High and New Caney High coming into 4A

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder