Early Thoughts on Realignment?

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if we have another year like 2005 I see PAM going to 4A

Belive it or not we're to far away from 4a numbers 2,300 plus students

yeah i know, i used to say we had a chance just for hope but now realistically i could reall see it happening now. if it does, bar none, 20-4A would be the toughest 4A district in the state.

They could split it up:

Dayton

Lee

Sterling

GC Memorial

BH

CE King

In the other :

Crosby

Humble

Summmer Creek

NF

Kingwoood Park

Don't see all three Baytown or Humble schools going to 4A, but I might be wrong. I think we'll lose Livingston and add Dayton and/or BH in 20-4A

Central

Ozen

Lumberton

Vidor

LCM

PNG

Nederland

Dayton

BH

The information I got about this is from people who work in the district offices at both school districts and Goose Creek people actually have said that the move to 4A for them has been a long time coming, people apparently are not really moving there. The people in Humble said something to the effect that KP will never be a 5A, as long as they have something to say about it while Kingwood will stay 5A as much as they can and that Humble will move down. Their plan is to have three 4A schools and two 5A schools. That may be longer in the making than the Goose Creek schools will though.

I had forgotten about the two New Caney schools being 4A also that makes twelve within reasonable driving distance and Livingston is not that far from them.

Should be interesting as always.

Lol..That Would Be a Bad District..Plus..Parents Get thier Kids A Car to Drive From L.C.M To WOS..For School Makeing them 4A N LCM 3A

P.N.G

Lumberton

P.A Memorial

Dayton

Central

Vidor

WOS

Nederland

Ozen

that would be the toughest district in the state period. North Shore wouldnt survive that district

Guest Ranger83

I work in Goose Creek I S D. I would be VERY suprised to see all three schools drop to 4A any time soon. The numbers in the jr high feeder schools indicate that GCM and RSS will be at 5A numbers in the next 2 years. Baytown is not growing per se, the city's population is relocating from the "Old" Baytown (REL) area to the other side of I-10 (GCM). It is expected that REL will drop to 4A as soon as this next realignment. GCM may not move up until 2012. There is a reason Olin left when he did, the times they are a changin'. We did not need a third high school!

you know i heard an interesting view about the UILs realignment...they start in west tx and work their way around the state, going wtx, to central, to dfw, to east, to setx, to SA...when you think about it what happens up in east tx, DFW really affects districts down in SETX

for example...in 3a reg 3 you have 4 districts that really affect each other in alignment...D17 is, Bullard, Gilmer, Gladewater, Spring Hill, Tatum & Chapel Hill; D18 is Carthage, Center, Diboll, Huntington, Jasper and Rusk; D21 is BC, HF, OF, HJ, & WOS & D22 is Cleveland, Tarkington, Coldspring, Huffman, Liberty, Shepherd & Splendora; but you also have Lufkin Hudson and Pollock Central which do not play football that have to go in a district (18)...in SETX the districts are really affected by these 2 schools...if they played football these 4 districts would logically be D17 Bu, Gi, GL, SH, Ta, CH, Ca; D18, Ce, Di, Hu, Ru, LH, PC; D21 BC, HF, OF, HJ, WOS, Ja, and D22 would be the same...however they dont and UIL gets stuck having to pull teams to fill up D18, this is how Jasper has to go North these 2 yrs...and before that, Shepherd and Coldspring had to go with Sils, Buna, Jas, Kville...it doesnt make sense but the UIL is doing the best they can with what they have to work with

also another major factor is the growth in the DFW area, several of schools in the past realignment were not 3a them moving up bumped several teams out of region 2 (pretty much the majority of D17 i believe)...so all in all regions 3 and 4 are really the regions with intersting aliginments due to its basically the UIL scraping the bottom of the barrel to "fill" districts so to speak...and really, i dont fancy taking the job of those held responsible for realignment

OK so with the New Caney schools in the mix, I predict the following:

19-4A

New Caney

Porter

Livingston

Crosby

Summer Creek

Kingwood Park

North Forest

CE King

GC Memorial

20-4A

BH

Dayton

PNG

Nederland

Vidor

LCM

Central

Ozen

Lumberton

That gives both districs 9 teams. Of course with the UIL it make too much sense. ;D You talk about 20-4A beating up on 19-4A wow

In making the projections, we all must keep in mind that, unlike her, the UIL realignment committee cannot take an area or region and realign it in a vacuum. As casualobserver pointed out, what happens here affects other regions, and vice versa.  So to get a true sense of how the two (or more) 4A districts look next year, you'd have to do a statewide comprehensive realignment with ALL Districts in ALL classes.  I think the only ones who have the time and the inclination to do that are those in Austin charged with doing so.....and perhaps WOS87. :D 

19-4A

New Caney

Porter

Livingston

Crosby

Summer Creek

Kingwood Park

North Forest

CE King

GC Memorial

20-4A

BH

Dayton

PNG

Nederland

Vidor

LCM

Central

Ozen

Lumberton

That gives both districs 9 teams. Of course with the UIL it make too much sense. ;D You talk about 20-4A beating up on 19-4A wow

If that's going to be our new district line-up, we're going to have one tough district.

Guest Ranger83

Yea but will Summer Creek and Porter be playing varsity ball next year?

Summer Creek will not play varsity for 2 years. Kingwood Park will be 5A soon, as will Goose Creek Memorial.

What the UIL needs to do is add a 6A division. We need apples with apples. I do not think it will ever happen due to the logistics of the larger 5A schools. North Shore has a distinct advantage (with nearly 4,000 students) over any of the other teams in its district. You can not compare apples to oranges here. Size does matter!

Guest tigersvoice

19-4A

New Caney

Porter

Livingston

Crosby

Summer Creek

Kingwood Park

North Forest

CE King

GC Memorial

20-4A

BH

Dayton

PNG

Nederland

Vidor

LCM

Central

Ozen

Lumberton

If that's going to be our new district line-up, we're going to have one tough district.

Geeeeez!  Everybody had the toughest district in Texas.  How can that be?

i had always heard that in Baytown Sterling and Memorial were most likely going to stay 5a while Lee dropped...Olin was pushing pretty hard for Lee to stay 5a from what I recall and i figured him leaving was the writing on the wall that Goose Creek Adminstration decided that they werent gonna do what it took to keep them 5a (not that that is a bad thing, just what they decided)...hopefully they can keep the Sterling/Lee game alive....but i wouldnt be surprised if Sterling/Lee stayed 5a this allignment and Lee fell the next one, however i wouldnt be shocked if Lee fell this one too (i think they will be real close obviously)...Sterling is probably going to drop to borderline 5a but considering the growth in Baytown is in the northern part they could actually gain some kids after their inital drop from Memorial opening....

Yea but will Summer Creek and Porter be playing varsity ball next year?

Summer Creek will not play varsity for 2 years. Kingwood Park will be 5A soon, as will Goose Creek Memorial.

What the UIL needs to do is add a 6A division. We need apples with apples. I do not think it will ever happen due to the logistics of the larger 5A schools. North Shore has a distinct advantage (with nearly 4,000 students) over any of the other teams in its district. You can not compare apples to oranges here. Size does matter!

I just threw that around if they did stay 4A, but your probably right they might be 5A and not start varsity until the realignment after next. As for as the advantage look at the Alief schools, very large but thier butts handed to them by the Katy schools year in and year out.  I still think they should add BH and Dayton to our district, it would only make sense.

They could split it up:

Dayton

Lee

Sterling

GC Memorial

BH

CE King

In the other :

Crosby

Humble

Summmer Creek

NF

Kingwoood Park

Don't see all three Baytown or Humble schools going to 4A, but I might be wrong. I think we'll lose Livingston and add Dayton and/or BH in 20-4A

Central

Ozen

Lumberton

Vidor

LCM

PNG

Nederland

Dayton

BH

With the UIL, we could end up with Stephenville, Austin Westlake and Pampa in our district.  :D:P

I remember the folks at Buna speaking with amazement when they were 3A having to drive through Tarkington and Cleveland, both 3A schools not in their district to get to Coldspring and Sheppard, who were.  You are right, it could happen.... :D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder