Early Thoughts on Realignment?

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm hearing that San Augustine and Shelbyville will drop to 1A...Here's my early predictions:

Big School:

Colmesneil

Hull-Daisetta

West Hardin

West Sabine

San Augustine or Shelbyville (the other going north)

Small School:

Evadale

Chester

High Island

Sabine Pass

Burkeville

Well if this happens, I say they take Warren out of 23AA and put them where they belong...22AA.  They should do this regardless if Shelbyville drops down.  Nothing against the warriors, but there's no reason why they shouldn't be in the same district as Woodville!! 

Guest Silsbee88

even worse news for Kirbyville there numbers are now around the 470 range they will most likely be 3-A next year  :(

These numbers do not matter, it will all be relative to what the enrollment numbers do accross the state.  If the bigger districts continued to grow since the last realignment and Kville grew proportionately, then you will remain in 2A.  It is possible that some of the smaller 3A schools during the last realignment will drop to 2A.  Until the enrollment numbers are done no one will know.  By the way the snapshot date is tomorrow

The thing about Anahuac's enrollment at resent is there is alot of transits living there working the aftermath clean-up from IKE.Talked w/3 differant families from N Carolina while fishing @ Anahuac Park s they said there was no work back home.I'm sure others towns in effected Ike areas are experiencing the same temp.growth.

Guest FreshmanPhenom#17

I really think Kville is going back up to 3A.

if that happens looks like yall will be back to the easy district titles again no competition without Kirbyville

I have read several of these posts.  You are forgetting about Galena Park, they will stay 4a and Sterling will not drop to 4a.  I also don't think Huffman will come back up, they were pretty excited about going back to 3a.  With all the new schools coming in I expect the only teams considered to back towards the triangle will be Barbers Hill or more likely Dayton.  Baytown Lee will be 4a  next year and will go where GCMemorial goes.

Here is my prediction- but when has the UIL ever made any sense in this stuff:

Livingston

New Caney

Porter

Kingwood Park

Humble

Caney Creek

Summer Creek

Crosby

Galena Park

North Forest

Barbers Hill

CE King

Baytown Lee

GCM

Dayton

why does the Golden triangle "HAVE" to have an 8th team?  There are plenty of 7 team districts in the state

Baytown Lee

If I remember correctly the cutoff numbers for each classification go up about 10 every yr.  With that being said Kirbyville will be on the cusp again come next realignment...I would say they stay 2A at this current pace.

It sounds to me like numbers dont matter that much...sounds like it just depends on how many new schools there are and how many kids are in those schools...

Well if this happens, I say they take Warren out of 23AA and put them where they belong...22AA.  They should do this regardless if Shelbyville drops down.  Nothing against the warriors, but there's no reason why they shouldn't be in the same district as Woodville!! 

I agree....playing the 2A teams in the north makes more sense for us...although the thought of facing Newton and Kirbyville every year isn't pretty...  ;D

Crosby and Huffman both have no police dept.and is patrolled by Harris county sheriff's dept.On the growth factor back in the 70's two huge subdivisions Lochshire and Idlelock were platted for some 3,000 new residents w/shopping malls etc.and it fizzled out.Now down the road north The Commons is sold out and alot of homes springing up.The old saying you build it and they will come.There is alot of property left to build on as Kingwood/Atascosita/Humble is pretty much developed.Look for Cleveland area to bloom soon w/new business hiway 105 is underway w/project completion in 5 yrs from start date.Hear it will cross I-59-I-45-on out to 290.Once stood a tiny little town w/a artesian well in the middle in the mid 60's that had 1 little 2A high school-Humble,Tx.w/1,600 residents.Now there is how many high schools?Dayton will soon probably be moved back into 20-4A or UIL will need to add a new district totally.

um i dont know a whole lot bout the realignment but from what i can see um Dayton sure is getting thrown around alot in everybodies predictions..is it because they seem to b centrally located or is just wishful thinking for some?Im just curious.

The UIL never does things logically.  It is always a surprise. A few years ago King got sent south to Texas City, Lamarque  while GP, Crosby, Forest Brook, Dayton all drove right through Sheldon to play each other. One would have thought that GP would have gone South since they are the southern most school in that district.  When it is announced everyone will know. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder