j brown

I know Brown played in summer competition with Stevie's team in the Louisiana Tourny...  That always has top notch talent!!!  But it is nothing more than glorified AAU ball, not playing in a system and not playing much defense!!!!

Exactly! Excellent point....

his offense ability would keep him on the court. he is not great on defense at all

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Avery Bradley may be a bit under-sized, but i saw him play, the kid is a straight up BEAST. easily will be one of the top guards in the Big 12 this year. i maybe getting ahead of myself but i hope he stays for his sophomore year to play with Tristan Thompson.

I think he will unless he is a lottery pick.  I just don't see an undersized two-guard being a lottery pick unless his name is Ben Gordon or Allen Iverson... And notice that it took the 3 and 2 years respectively to get into the lottery and they were widely believed to be scoring point guards (unlike Avery - SG)... The limitations on them are overwhelmingly obvious and Avery will have the same problems.

Avery Bradley may be a bit under-sized, but i saw him play, the kid is a straight up BEAST. easily will be one of the top guards in the Big 12 this year. i maybe getting ahead of myself but i hope he stays for his sophomore year to play with Tristan Thompson.

I think he will unless he is a lottery pick.  I just don't see an undersized two-guard being a lottery pick unless his name is Ben Gordon or Allen Iverson... And notice that it took the 3 and 2 years respectively to get into the lottery and they were widely believed to be scoring point guards (unlike Avery - SG)... The limitations on them are overwhelmingly obvious and Avery will have the same problems.

I think he's smaller than A.I. also. Hopefully he doesnt let the money talk. If Brown is going to UT imagine a Bradley/Brown backcourt soph yr.  insane!

Well Avery is listed at 6'3" and 175 lbs which is taller and bigger than AI, but like I said he is listed as a SG not a PG like Iverson was.  We will probably not see Brown start until Bradely leaves.  Both play the same position and both want the ball in their hands.Next Year Hamilto will be at SF if he stays in school.  Lucas or Balbay will be the point and Avery the 2 guard untuil he leaves.  Brow will still have to be out 6'6" Shawn Williams for the starting 2-Guard spot and that kid has the size and jump shot to be a future great!

Honestly I think unless Texas has some kids that leave as freshman, Brown wont have the chance to start until he is a junior, and he will have to change his way of play because Rick Barnes likes guards with high defensive intensity!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest airitout123

"A source of mine talked to some basketball people today and he was told J'Covan Brown has been cleared."  This is from Orangebloods.com.  This person said that his source is always right on the money.

by Orangebloods Staff

Longhorn fans have been waiting for a while to hear whether or not 2008 hoops signee J'Covan Brown would be in Austin for the 2009-10 academic year. On Tuesday night, several sources confirmed to OB.com that the talented guard has made his way to Austin and he's ready to ...

i dont have a password on there so i couldnt get the rest of it

Ha Ha.................Now what do you haters have to say. I know that you pessimistic golden trianglers who always had something bad to say about the kid, dont like this....

i sure dont hear them now....and yall might think this crazy but he might actually start through the season

Ha Ha.................Now what do you haters have to say. I know that you pessimistic golden trianglers who always had something bad to say about the kid, dont like this....

i sure dont hear them now....and yall might think this crazy but he might actually start through the season

wouldnt surprise me if he or bradley was to start this year.

I actually heard he might start at the 1 too.

He must of really worked on his game this past year, not that he wasn't good. But starting over Jai Lucas, Balbay, and Justin Mason? Wow!

Obviously Jai didn't think J. Brown would make his way to UT.

I actually heard he might start at the 1 too.

He must of really worked on his game this past year, not that he wasn't good. But starting over Jai Lucas, Balbay, and Justin Mason? Wow!

LAZEEK

Are we not in America???...Not Communist China. I can post when I want......how i want...and what I want. You need to worry about something other than when I last posted......This is a free country, as well as a free message board.....Go and get a hobby you couch potato...

Nothing is free about this site other than the access. There are rules and regulations about posting here on this site. Your comment about when, how and what you want to post is totally incorrect. You and every other member here do not have that kind of freedom here. You must obey the rules.

LAZEEK

Are we not in America???...Not Communist China. I can post when I want......how i want...and what I want. You need to worry about something other than when I last posted......This is a free country, as well as a free message board.....Go and get a hobby you couch potato...

Nothing is free about this site other than the access. There are rules and regulations about posting here on this site. Your comment about when, how and what you want to post is totally incorrect. You and every other member here do not have that kind of freedom here. You must obey the rules.

You rippin!!!  Man yall have become King James!!!! Yall eyes are blood red with power!!!!!  Why don't yall banned the entire site!!!