Orangefield ISD receives 21 applications for AD position..Final 4 Announced!

No offense to the other three finalists, but it kinda sounds like they are making Huckaby into a no-brainer with the competition that he is up against.  Phillips should DEFINATELY be on the list if the list is of the BEST four, and not just ONE they have in mind along with three that have no chance.  Just my opinion, but the GURU has ruled on this decision and OHS is GUILTY of producing a stacked lineup!

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im pretty sure all these men deserve a chance. Let them prove they can do the job. Bolton is a very good coach and man that i would be glad to have run my program. Whoever gets the job whether it be Huckaby, Rakin, Phillips or Bolton winning won't be immediate.

The 4 that will get interviews have been announced.... From KOGT.com

"Orangefield Will Announce on Monday

The list of 21 is down to four with Troy Bolton, Brian Huckaby, Josh Rankin, and Dwayne Dubois getting interviews this week.

Bolton and Huckaby are still the favorites in my opinion but we’ve witnessed heavy favorites fall off the bargaining table for one reason or another before so Dubois and Rankin still have a good opportunity to wear the Orange next season.  The good news is I think any one of them would do a job.

Huckaby is the only one of the four with head football and A.D. experience.  He also has two acquaintances on the selection committee.

Bolton was once an assistant coach at Orangefield and left on good terms.

Rankin is an LCM graduate and spent last season on the Haltom High School staff as the defensive coordinator.  Haltom is a 5A school just north of Fort Worth.

Dubois is from Bridge City and has worked in BC and is currently the offensive coordinator at Vidor.

An announcement is expected on June 22."

Why did Huckaby leave coaching to begin with? Also, having been out of the business for a stretch, is he going to be able to bring in the coaches to fill all the spots for assistants in such a short window of time?

from the grapevine, His wife got SP job at Hull, He discussed it with his son, and they decided to follow. She has followed him everwhere and he felt he owed to do the same for her.

talk about a good guy.  takes a lot of guts to give up something you love for your wife.

Ya'll orangefield guys better hope he gets the job.

Dubois is a class guy and a guy who will do the right thing for all sports. Hard worker who gets alot out of the kids he coaches....Has done a great job in Vidor and has all the attributes for being a solid A.D.

Not only does the guy teach sound morals and values, he lives by them...These days you don't find very many like that....All he needs is that 1st chance!!!

Why did Huckaby leave coaching to begin with? Also, having been out of the business for a stretch, is he going to be able to bring in the coaches to fill all the spots for assistants in such a short window of time?

from the grapevine, His wife got SP job at Hull, He discussed it with his son, and they decided to follow. She has followed him everwhere and he felt he owed to do the same for her.

talk about a good guy.  takes a lot of guts to give up something you love for your wife.

I know Huckaby's wife is the Supe at H-D, but how does that work? Split the commute? She doesn't keep her job? You know as cheap as OF is, they aren't creating a job for her to come too. Does it count as giving something up if you turn right back around and go back on your decision. I wish him the best, and I am sure OF has him picked as their man, but the whole deal seems a bit odd.

Guest pirates

talk about a good guy.  takes a lot of guts to give up something you love for your wife.

I know Huckaby's wife is the Supe at H-D, but how does that work? Split the commute? She doesn't keep her job? You know as cheap as OF is, they aren't creating a job for her to come too. Does it count as giving something up if you turn right back around and go back on your decision. I wish him the best, and I am sure OF has him picked as their man, but the whole deal seems a bit odd.

I'm sure H-D requires their Sup. to live in the district, all other districts do.  If she stays at H-D then that would require Huckaby to drive from H-D to Orangefield that would be a heck of a drive.  Now does Orangefield require the AD to live in district?  I know that most districts do require their AD to live in district.  Could get intersting.

Guest pirates

Make a bold move, shock the world OF, name the baseball coach as your AD.and let him name the football coach.

OF baseball coach is a class act along with the guy at BC...lol :D

Dubois is a class guy and a guy who will do the right thing for all sports. Hard worker who gets alot out of the kids he coaches....Has done a great job in Vidor and has all the attributes for being a solid A.D.

Not only does the guy teach sound morals and values, he lives by them...These days you don't find very many like that....All he needs is that 1st chance!!!

I agree 100%, he is a total class act.  He is very true to his values, and he knows football.

Huckaby was not the coach at pewitt when jimmy wilkerson played there.. Ronnie Bickham coached JW at PP...

Great post BBallgod!  You are right about Paul Pewitt, they have great athletes.  They have one in the NFL and the year they went to state they had a kid who was the Offensive and Defensive POY for the state.  One of the best high schoolers I have ever seen.  He won't have that luxery at Orangefield. 

I'm not sure what was said in the Phillips/Welch phone conversation but the guy has the best resume of anyone.  He was at Waller for 18 yrs. so its not like he moves around a lot.  I've heard he's the type of guy that does things his way, he's a big guy with a strong personality, and he won't back down from pressure.  Maybe that has something to do with it too.

I would like to see them get someone with experience, but if they pass on that, I hope they get someone like Faust who has been in larger schools, worked for some very good coaches and has some good ideas.  If a guy has never been a head coach I would look at who he has worked for in the past, thats a good indicator of how he might operate.  Faust has worked for some really good guys at a higher level, and guys like Bolton have worked for Theriot, Moody and the likes.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder