Orangefield rumblings.....

Hear they want to hire ASAP....

A name that continues to pop up is Huckaby. A former BC grad who is currently the assistant principal at Hull-Daisetta. Coach @ Omaha Paul Pewitt before then and used to be HC/AD @ Hardin-Jeff before Pat Fischer.

Good Coach!!

Hear they want to hire ASAP....

A name that continues to pop up is Huckaby. A former BC grad who is currently the assistant principal at Hull-Daisetta. Coach @ Omaha Paul Pewitt before then and used to be HC/AD @ Hardin-Jeff before Pat Fischer.

Good Coach!!

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

I remember Huckaby when I was at HJ.  Great coach and a great guy also!!!!

true,he has learned from one of the best coaches to vist this area... Bruce Webb, now at Converse Judson..... is he going to commute or move?  Isen't his wife a principle at Hull? Also I think his son is a SR.?

If he has not changed his offence, OF will still be running the option and boot leg.

Just curious, was there no intention of Stewart taking over at OF?  He was already there and that would have been an easy move, plus Stewart could surely handle the position.  I know Mike is headed for Kountze, just wondering if that was ever a possability.

When is the last time O'field made the playoffs? I thought they were supposed to be headed for 2A soon?

It was pretty recent and I think they lost to well known team in the last second in maybe round 2 or 3.

Lost to LaGrange in the 2003 Area Round 17-14 on a last second field goal

Which they shouldn't have had because we shouldn't have thrown the ball!  >:( >:(

Believe me I've replayed those last few minutes of that game thousands of times in my head. Tied 14-14 we have the ball 1st down at around their 9 yard line with around 2:00 left if I remember right. Run the ball three times to run the clock down and if you don't score then kick a chip shot field goal to win the game. Instead we throw an interception and the next play they break off a huge run deep into our territory and run out the clock and kick the game winner.

Guest PANMAN

So back to the subject who is the front runner for this job?  Heard Huckabay but didn't he turn down the Liberty job a year ago, maybe he is done with coaching!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder