Which Program under its new Head Coach will achieve the most success this season

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The question was not most improved, but who will achieve the most success? Most would measure HS football success on playoff rounds. I still say then that Central has the best shot at going a few rounds deep. PNG will have quite a few new people in pivotal positions, especially QB (which under Faircloth is very important) and without any varsity experience I think it will take while to get it going. I expect PNG to improve through the year as they get experience at the QB spot and be tough at the end of district, but it may be too late to make the playoffs.

Good post.

The question was not most improved, but who will achieve the most success? Most would measure HS football success on playoff rounds. I still say then that Central has the best shot at going a few rounds deep. PNG will have quite a few new people in pivotal positions, especially QB (which under Faircloth is very important) and without any varsity experience I think it will take while to get it going. I expect PNG to improve through the year as they get experience at the QB spot and be tough at the end of district, but it may be too late to make the playoffs.

And I answered that question. There were also others talking about which team would improve the most, so I answered that question as well.

And I answered that question. There were also others talking about which team would improve the most, so I answered that question as well.

Well good for you! I was refering to others that think Ozen, LCM or even PNG will have the most success next year over Central.

Heart comes from more than a coach. It comes from many different places including coaches. For all you people in Beaumont that think athletes wins games please keep thinking that.

Arguments can be made both ways, a team loaded with talent without leadership will not be anymore successful than a team lacking talent with a good coach.  Ozen and PNG have proven that the last couple of years respectively.  There needs to be a good balance of both talent and leadership.

Are we talking speed or talent? Sometimes there can be a HUGE difference.I don't think speed always equals talent. It sure helps but I've seen track stars that couldn't cut it on the football field.But, if you get a burner with a little hand eye coordination and is smart enough to be coached and execute then you got something.

i am going with lc-m.coach crouch knows  the kids  and know what thay can do already becouse wo=s has played them a few times,he is no stranger to lc-m football

Maybe, but LC-M has had a rough few years. They've got a lot of rebuilding to do.

i am going with lc-m.coach crouch knows  the kids  and know what thay can do already becouse wo=s has played them a few times,he is no stranger to lc-m football

LCM and PNG have the most room to improve. I can't say who we will be better than, but I believe some people will be surprised.From what I have seen PNG will be much improved, you can bet on that.

Well with four teams going to the playoffs, at least one two of these four teams will make the playoffs. Unless Central lost everyone, they should be back. Who will be the other one, who knows? With the playoffs so watered down, Its all about how deep you can go.

Well with four teams going to the playoffs, at least one two of these four teams will make the playoffs. Unless Central lost everyone, they should be back. Who will be the other one, who knows? With the playoffs so watered down, Its all about how deep you can go.

Its BEEN watered down for a while IMO. Three was too many, much less four. It has given teams a false sense that they have built a program.

I agree.  It's nothing more than a money thing to help out school districts.  One team to the playoffs was not fair.  But two was the right amount.  More then that and it becomes a joke.

Its BEEN watered down for a while IMO. Three was too many, much less four. It has given teams a false sense that they have built a program.

I bet nobody turns it down.

Ozen will be district champs .

It is always good to come to this board for a laugh. Thanks.

Why is it that people seem to forget that Ozen has only been out of the play-off scene for three out of the last four years... Which means Ozen is known for being a winning program.. Teams honestly should fear Ozen b/c every year Ozen is capable of beating any team, Coaching has been the down fall as of lately.. Therefore with the hiring of a new coach teams dont know what too expect.. Athletes are always going to be there, so all it will need is a leader to bring out the best in those athletes and then its back to reality, and reality being Ozen once again being in the top 3 spots each year in its disctrict.. I feel as though Ozen right now is like and Old Boxer, an old boxer always has a punchers chance in a fight.. So as long as Ozen has BIG PLAY potential they have a punchers chance to beat any team right now.. Last year defense and special teams played a major part, New Head, and New D-coordinator... ;) ;) ;) But Hey What do I Know?

Why is it that people seem to forget that Ozen has only been out of the play-off scene for three out of the last four years... Which means Ozen is known for being a winning program.. Teams honestly should fear Ozen b/c every year Ozen is capable of beating any team, Coaching has been the down fall as of lately.. Therefore with the hiring of a new coach teams dont know what too expect.. Athletes are always going to be there, so all it will need is a leader to bring out the best in those athletes and then its back to reality, and reality being Ozen once again being in the top 3 spots each year in its disctrict.. I feel as though Ozen right now is like and Old Boxer, an old boxer always has a punchers chance in a fight.. So as long as Ozen has BIG PLAY potential they have a punchers chance to beat any team right now.. Last year defense and special teams played a major part, New Head, and New D-coordinator... ;) ;) ;) But Hey What do I Know?

I completely agree.  I am tired of trying to convince younger football fans that not to long ago, Ozen was in the playoff picture every year.

I completely agree.  I am tired of trying to convince younger football fans that not to long ago, Ozen was in the playoff picture every year.

Kids now and days dont understand about tradition, nor do they have the winning and competitive attitude where they hate losing just as much as they want to win.. Everyone wants to be a winner, but you have to honestly hate losing in order to prepare yourself to win.

Ozen waz One of The Best In SETX..with Coach Louis..The boys from the southend Would Put on Every Friday..Always iF not winngin it Top of The District Standings..Buh Always Something with The 2nd Round with them..The 2000 Team wuz the Best to me (Nt includeing Hebert)

4.7/4.8 not with this group, there are some good athletes in the system for the next several years.

even if they were.... I'll take a legit bunch of 4.7s and get them in space the way that Faircloth will and cause a lot of problems for defenses.

I can't say we will be better than any of the other teams with new coaches, but after watching some of our practices I can guarantee we will be a very much improved team.Coach Faircloth and his staff are the real deal.The difference in the kids is very visible.

I can't say we will be better than any of the other teams with new coaches, but after watching some of our practices I can guarantee we will be a very much improved team.Coach Faircloth and his staff are the real deal.The difference in the kids is very visible.

I will second that. The improvement is very obvious. Mentally and Physically. The kids feed off of the energy that the coaching staff bring. It has been fun to watch them all work. We will see how it translates in the fall.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin

• Whatever happened to educating people so that they don’t go off the deep end pursuing an incident that shouldn’t be political in the first place? Seems everyone is looking for their “trigger”moment. The dumbing down of America has taken its toll. Anyone who would hold this against her is doing so out of spite and for political gain. Said people need to be ignored.
    • You won’t get an argument from me that this won’t hurt her nationally but I don’t think this will hurt her in SD or even an appointment in a Republican administration.  I’m sure she saw backlash from some, apparently not from folks like you and me, which is significant, but like I said, I appreciate the honesty.
    • Appreciate the confidence.  Why don’t we see how this works out for her.  Going great so far.  She MIGHT be able to get re-elected in South Dakota next election, but if a good candidate runs against her in the Republican primaries she may be in trouble.  I don’t think there’s a chance in hades she gets the VP nomination, and if for some reason Trump is dumb enough to give it to her, his chances of winning are probably over.  On a positive note, maybe DeSantis gets it now?  If they win and do a decent job then we’d have a VP ready to run for president in four years with a good shot of winning.  
    • I honestly don’t have an issue with it.  I grew up around livestock.  We had a neighbor lose nearly 30 animals in a 3-week period before they caught the dogs doing it. Those dogs needed to die.  I was there when my uncle killed a dog that was eating his chickens… didn’t bother me. If one of my dogs ever bites one of my kids it’ll be dead.  Immediately.  But some things are better left unsaid, and probably 90% of the country loves dogs, with only a small fraction of them being able to relate to why she did what she did.  
    • If only she was as politically savvy as you. 🙂
  • Topics