Most painful loss?

HJ vs SFA in 92.  all tied up with 2 min to go in the 4th. we were tied in penatrations and were killing them in yards. they squib kick, our SO drops the ball goes to pick it up and another SO runs into him. they recover on the 22 yard line. they get to the 19 and we sack them. LOSE by a 1 yard penatration and our playoff dreams smashed.

Who  was on that that HJ team hitman, because i remembered that game differently.

Who do you want??? QB- Esprit, RB -Sostan, Clark WB-Mckeller, Granger WR - Vaglica, Parrish, OL - Alvey, Barry, Petag.......Got the game tape in my truck!!! 19-19 tie!!! Sostan runs into Grogan on the kick off which SFA had to score to tie it up..if fact missed extra point by SFA that tied it.....then after they got the 1 yard penatration and after the sack, a blocked field goal by HJ. HJ recovers on the 26. Next play Esprit threw a interception (which was his 3rd on the night). Johnson takes one snap and fumbles but recovers then the Knee down to run the clock out>>>>Does that jog you guys memory any?????

hitman you sound kind of cocky in a loss, but anyway since you have the tape in your truck,you saw the ref bail ya'll out on the opening kickoff  in which i ran it back for a TD. H.J. really had no chance. You can thank the that ref for the game being so close. ;D ;) ;)

the block below the waist you are reffering to did happen, tell #7 you can't block below the waist on a kickoff. I was the one that it happened to on our side lines.  As for never having a chance........thats why SFA had to come back to TIE!!!!!! As for the refs, you are right the were bad but it was on both sides.  I do remember the clock that keeped running on a out of bounds run that it should of stoped while we were in the red zone just before half.....and ya'll ran off the field while the refs were talking!!!  Talk about some home cooking!!!!

I remember that game so vividly that I remember you (#23) high steping on the kick off TD that was called back, and stumbling when you kicked the ground in the End Zone. almost fell on your a$$ that would have been funny:D :D

as for the cockyness.....just stating the facts in my MOST PAINFUL LOSS :'( :'(

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HJ vs SFA in 92.  all tied up with 2 min to go in the 4th. we were tied in penatrations and were killing them in yards. they squib kick, our SO drops the ball goes to pick it up and another SO runs into him. they recover on the 22 yard line. they get to the 19 and we sack them. LOSE by a 1 yard penatration and our playoff dreams smashed.

Who  was on that that HJ team hitman, because i remembered that game differently.

Who do you want??? QB- Esprit, RB -Sostan, Clark WB-Mckeller, Granger WR - Vaglica, Parrish, OL - Alvey, Barry, Petag.......Got the game tape in my truck!!! 19-19 tie!!! Sostan runs into Grogan on the kick off which SFA had to score to tie it up..if fact missed extra point by SFA that tied it.....then after they got the 1 yard penatration and after the sack, a blocked field goal by HJ. HJ recovers on the 26. Next play Esprit threw a interception (which was his 3rd on the night). Johnson takes one snap and fumbles but recovers then the Knee down to run the clock out>>>>Does that jog you guys memory any?????

hitman you sound kind of cocky in a loss, but anyway since you have the tape in your truck,you saw the ref bail ya'll out on the opening kickoff  in which i ran it back for a TD. H.J. really had no chance. You can thank the that ref for the game being so close. ;D ;) ;)

the block below the waist you are reffering to did happen, tell #7 you can't block below the waist on a kickoff. I was the one that it happened to on our side lines.  As for never having a chance........thats why SFA had to come back to TIE!!!!!! As for the refs, you are right the were bad but it was on both sides.  I do remember the clock that keeped running on a out of bounds run that it should of stoped while we were in the red zone just before half.....and ya'll ran off the field while the refs were talking!!!  Talk about some home cooking!!!!

I remember that game so vividly that I remember you (#23) high steping on the kick off TD that was called back, and stumbling when you kicked the ground in the End Zone. almost fell on your a$$ that would have been funny:D :D

as for the cockyness.....just stating the facts in my MOST PAINFUL LOSS :'( :'(

That was #33, The block was behind the play, and yes i did almost fall, that was the last time i did that. yes i feel your pain. :'( :'( :'(

I know that it might not be as significant as other state or playoff loses but i was on the LCM team in 06 and that loss to ned for the final spot was the worst loss i have ever been a part of  they score with almost no time left and beat us at home

I know that it might not be as significant as other state or playoff loses but i was on the LCM team in 06 and that loss to ned for the final spot was the worst loss i have ever been a part of  they score with almost no time left and beat us at home

that's a tough one.... who knows... could've been a turning point for LCM football if they make the playoffs.

1985 Regional Semis.....Houston Yates 19, WO-S 6........It was tied 6-6 until about midway through the 4th quarter and the Stangs were leading 3-1 in penetrations (this was before OT in high school football) at the time.

1985 Regional Semis.....Houston Yates 19, WO-S 6........It was tied 6-6 until about midway through the 4th quarter and the Stangs were leading 3-1 in penetrations (this was before OT in high school football) at the time.

+2  Wasn't playing in it, but staying so close with the '85 yates team only to loose out was disappointing.  i think had WO-S won that one, they woul dhave taken state that year as well.

+2   Wasn't playing in it, but staying so close with the '85 yates team only to loose out was disappointing.  i think had WO-S won that one, they woul dhave taken state that year as well.

Without a doubt!!

Yes, it seemed like the 'Stangs were in the red zone all night.  They were also playing without one of their stud running backs, Eric Williams who was injured in the Baytown Sterling game the week before.  WO-S would have had a good chance to win it all if they could have pulled this one out.

As a PNG fan the loss to WOS at there place when Long was tackled inside the five and held down long enough to keep us from getting a spike and chipshot FG to win it.

Or amybe the Loss to Nederland in Pasadena after Rita. The Interception! That essentially kept PNG from the playoffs.

Seen both of these.

The loss to Bay City when we were "stopped" on the one foot line, Bay City went on to win State that year.

Seen that one.

LCM's loss to nederland in 06 for final playoff spot.. nederland scored with 1 minute left to win by 2 points

Seen that one.

Any long time PN-G fan has to confess the worst loss (maybe in PN-G history) was losing to Nederland in 1984.  As a senior that year, that was the first time in MY LIFE that the Bulldogs overcame YEARS AND YEARS of adversity and FINALLY came through and beat the Indians.  It was horrible being on the sidelines watching us lose, but deep down I knew how great it must have felt on the other side to FINALLY get the gorilla off their back.  What a historical night that was back in 1984.

Seen that one.

The vidor-nederland game this year...

Devan and Chris didn't get their playoffs...

:-[ :-[ :-[

I'm still mad about the lack of a pass interference call...  >:(

Seen that one.

Seen that one

1999 loss to Stephensville in the State Game

Seen that one.

Yes, it seemed like the 'Stangs were in the red zone all night.  They were also playing without one of their stud running backs, Eric Williams who was injured in the Baytown Sterling game the week before.  WO-S would have had a good chance to win it all if they could have pulled this one out.

Plus, our starting center (Jim Bob Aven), who was probably our best lineman, was out with a leg injury suffered earlier in the season.  We could have used him this day because Yates had the top rated recruit in the state of Texas at...middle linebacker.  That boy was a monster. 

The refs incorrectly called a fumble when we had the ball on the one yard line in the first quarter.  A couple of big plays by Yates in the 4th, including a beautiful deep throw & catch between two WO-S defenders, negated what was a fine effort by WO-S.  We outplayed Yates for almost four quarters.  'Outgained them in penetrations, first downs, AND total yards.  I have that game on VHS. 

No doubt in my mind...if we win this game, we win state.  Yates destroyed Odessa Permian 37-0 in the final. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kabamok245
    Newest Member
    kabamok245