SETX High School Slam Dunk & 3-Point results

Congratulations to all the contestants and finalist. It was fun and I recommend this for next year to all players around the area.

Here are the Results: ;D

Slam Dunk

1. Dionte Forney- Soph - Nederland

2. Christian Stewart- Jr - Nederland

Boys 3 point shootout

1. Chris Hammonds- Sr - Nederland

2. Evan Fitch- Sr - Nederland

3. Tim Cervantez - Jr - Lumberton

Girls 3 point shootout

1.Erica Myers- Jr - Nederland

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why come on here and try to diminish a kid's accomplishment? I'm pretty sure anyone in the know would agree that Hammond and Fitch can fill it up from 3pt land with the best of them. Especially an uncontested shot, as in the competition. And Cervantes got beat out by Fitch by one shot.

How much more advertising is needed? It was posted on SEXTsports.com(what else was needed?) which most coaches and many of the kids read. Plus they called the local schools to let them know about it. The first time you put something like this on, the turnout might not be the best. But I believe they had about 20 kids compete in the shootout.

The first time you put something like this on, the turnout might not be the best.

True and the turnout was decent for it being the first time. Everybody in that contest could all shoot really well and I think the best three were Hammond, Fitch, and the kid from Lumberton. The competition level was pretty high, and if there were 30 more kids from around the area those 3 probably would have been in the top five.

Just a guess..Since the Walters kid did not participate, I guess he did'nt win it!!! Never heard of him... Jon Jackson can really shoot it too, but wasnt there and did not win it!!! The winners of the events actually participated...The Gamble finalist tried to get there , but could not find the school!!!

Are you saying that the players are better than won instead of the ones who did not come??

Kind of like after Nederland beat HJ all the Bulldog faithful were saying that the guard who hit all of the 3's was better than Benard!!!!!!!!!  We all know the real answer to that question!!!  BENARD!!!!!!

First of all I was not at the competition so I dont know any names...Second , if a kid drops over 40 on a team, hard to say he might now be as good as another player. His team won the other kids team lost. A 3 pt comp doesnt mean a player is actually better than another. It does mean that he may be a better shooter in this particular setting. Its okay to lose.....Just dont come on here and say that if Johnny Jack Up would have been there..yada yada yada..HE WASNT THERE!!!  Nobody in H.S. feels good about a wide open dunk...They feel great about it....I'm sure you can really get off the floor.And by the way....Is H.J. 3a...Dickie V. wanted to know!!!!

Guest spinks

First of all I was not at the competition so I dont know any names...Second , if a kid drops over 40 on a team, hard to say he might now be as good as another player. His team won the other kids team lost. A 3 pt comp doesnt mean a player is actually better than another. It does mean that he may be a better shooter in this particular setting. Its okay to lose.....Just dont come on here and say that if Johnny Jack Up would have been there..yada yada yada..HE WASNT THERE!!!  Nobody in H.S. feels good about a wide open dunk...They feel great about it....I'm sure you can really get off the floor.And by the way....Is H.J. 3a...Dickie V. wanted to know!!!!

There could not be a more incorrect statement in this world!!! Shows a lack of knowledge for the game!

Makes since Bobcat...He's not from H.J. but did pretty good I think against them..Not the chosen one but the night over in sour lake...he was a littttle bit better, but my knowledge of the game is not the best. It was just assumed that if one kid had a big night and the other kid did not look that good, it would only add up that.....Well just goes to show you, anybody can score 40..happens all the time!!!

First off I would like you to research and see where I gave the kid all of the credit in the world for his game and credit to the coach for having a incredible game plan on Benard in that game.  And yes indeed he may have had the better night that night and beat my Hawks but I would still take Benard over him and also would rather be the AAA Player of the Year and recently signed to play college ball out of state. ;) ;) ;)  He will be reunited with one and possible two former HJ teammates on the same team.  Should be exciting for them to be together again.

I hope they all get together and have great careers at the next level...I'm sure they will work hard and the success they had in high school will carry over...but...Ole whoever and neverwilbe , whatever you named them, ( think his last name was Torres) did a little educating to the 3a player of the year, one lonely night in the land of the hawks.  You dont just go out talking about how kids arent very good when he career nights it against the home team now do ya!!! That kid might not have even been one of the best 10 players in his own district, much less the state! Was Dickie V right about the gap in 3a and 4a players?