Nederland vs. Waller

KFDM COOP

Guest GoStangs

I haven't seen either team play. I'm assuming from your post that you've seen Waller, though.

I know they looked strong in their last game, but got beat pretty good by Lamar Consolidated (who's #8 in the state, just behind LaMarque). Even at that, though, they had a tremendous night running the ball and had a kid go for almost 200 yards rushing for the evening. What should we look for in them, fbplayer?

Guest GoStangs

That may be easier said than done. He looks awesome on paper. From what I can tell, this may be shaping up to be a battle between two great backs, Mosley and Johnson.

Guest GoStangs

Both teams come into this game after getting beat by a top ten team, but followed their losses with convincing wins over what appear to be less-than-average teams. Right now, it's hard to tell what they bring to the table, but I imagine both teams are in for a battle.

One thing about playing LaMarque and Waller; we get to see alot of future college players.

From Orangebloods.com:

The Bulldog prospect that receives the most attention is Texas Longhorn commit Cody Johnson, but the 2008 class at Waller features as many as five division I prospects. Defensive tackle Eddie Brown is the headliner of the 2008 class, but offensive tackle Isaac Watson and defensive end Trevor Berry will also be heavily recruited. Orangebloods.com traveled to Waller Monday to take a closer look at the Waller prospects.

Both teams come into this game after getting beat by a top ten team' date=' but followed their losses with convincing wins over what appear to be less-than-average teams. Right now, it's hard to tell what they bring to the table, but I imagine both teams are in for a battle.[/quote']

I think I can judge what I see pretty well. What I see in Nederland is a formidable defense that is faster and more agressive than we have had in the last couple of years. Although FB was not all that well organized LM was, and both were FAST offenses. The Dogs defense showed that they have the quickness to string out an outside run and keep him from turning the corner. They also have enough horsepower on the line to collapse a good offensive line and plug the holes. The DB's are a lot more agressive and you are seeing some of the old Peletiere style of hitting going on. I dont think they are as good as the 2000 defense (yet) but they are probably the best we have had overall in a few years.

Offense, showed definite signs of life against FB. Granted FB was not that good, BUT the offense played some nice pitch and catch in tight coverage, difference will be that good teams wont give Moshier the time he had.. But make no mistake, he is accurate and seems to see the field pretty well and the receivers are running good routes and are realizing that they can catch. Its a big play offense, and in my opinion from what I saw capable of picking apart a good defense if the line can get just a little better and give Moshier the time he needs to make good decisions. He definitely has the skills.

All the offense really needs to do is diversify just enough to take all of the attention off of Micah. If they can spread the defense just a little, Micah is going to kill them and if you focus 100% on him Moshier will beat you.

They are a good team, lots of potential, but as always with HSFB only time will tell how good they turn out.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder