Best excuse for not being able to workout

I have heard of dog bites, snake bites, etc. but a new one for the list - I cannot workout b/c I have a gator bite.  A what? A gator bite.  Bandaged hand and all - Huge gash out of it.  Classic stuff.

This area is classic - deal with hurricanes, tornado, floods, and gators - Only in Southeast Texas

How about this one. When I was in high school we had a huge lineman that paid another kid $10 to break his left arm so he would not have to go through spring training. He laid his arm on the hood of a car and the other kid hit him with a baseball bat on the arm. It did not break it but he was severely bruised and he missed spring training.

How about this one. When I was in high school we had a huge lineman that paid another kid $10 to break his left arm so he would not have to go through spring training. He laid his arm on the hood of a car and the other kid hit him with a baseball bat on the arm. It did not break it but he was severely bruised and he missed spring training.

Please tell me this is a joke.  Why on earth, would this kid play football if he tried that hard to get out of spring training?

Please tell me this is a joke.  Why on earth, would this kid play football if he tried that hard to get out of spring training?

No this is not a joke. This was back in 1966 when I graduated from HS. I guess you would have had to know the kid. Unfortunately and sad he was later killed in an auto accident some years later.

Can't practice for 4 months because all of the muscles in my legs are torn. ( He also had a doctors note) All muscles were torn but could walk perfectly.

My brother just caught a huge boar hog and needs my help to get it out of the woods.

Guest ECBucFan

COACH: Why did you miss practice? 

PLAYER: Uhm, Uhmm, uh, I had to go to Silsbee!

COACH: Why did you "have" to go to Silsbee?

PLAYER: Ummm, Ummmm, Ummmm, I, I, I had to take Banjo lessons!

--------------------------------------------------------------------

This was an actual dialogue, about 28 years ago. I am not kidding.  :o 

this happened this year one the guys went to buffalo wild wings on a sunday and did the blazing challenge and his lips swell up so much he could barely talk and he had to be close to the restroom so he miss 3 days of football practice.

Thursday was always B-Dubs night for me and my crew. The night I did the challenge was legendary. As was the next morning running in and out of my calculus class to the bathroom.

Had a kid bring in a note from a doctor saying he needed to skip practice.  We asked him what was wrong.  He said he was sick and that the doctor had given him medicine.  We looked at the note and then we asked him how come it note was from a dentist?!!!(his mom worked there)  You should have seen his face when he realized we were on to his story!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder