Pinto Homeruns???

That kid from Orange was the only kid I've ever heard of that had EVER hit it off the tee and over the fence! We were there and couldn't even believe it!! He's still hitting hard at Ford Park now!! Quiet a few hit it over in Pinto at TC, but we all get excited every single time!!!  I kinda like our field for that reason...it makes it so much fun for the kids!  :)

oh...and you can also call me TXThunderRocks, too! lol  (for td)

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That kid from Orange was the only kid I've ever heard of that had EVER hit it off the tee and over the fence! We were there and couldn't even believe it!! He's still hitting hard at Ford Park now!! Quiet a few hit it over in Pinto at TC, but we all get excited every single time!!!  I kinda like our field for that reason...it makes it so much fun for the kids!  :)

Why for td? What do I usually call you?

'cause i figure we'll see each other again at the next championship game at Ford Park when Tx Thunder plays GTH Blue! :)

'cause i figure we'll see each other again at the next championship game at Ford Park when Tx Thunder plays GTH Blue! :)

I am assuming you coach with the 9U Texas Thunder?  td coaches the 10U Blue GTB team.  He didn't make the cut to coach with us on the 9U Blue GTB team. :D :D  JK  he is a great coach and great with the kids.

I am assuming you coach with the 9U Texas Thunder?  td coaches the 10U Blue GTB team.  He didn't make the cut to coach with us on the 9U Blue GTB team. :D :D  JK  he is a great coach and great with the kids.

But you do let me sit in the dugout if I promise to be quiet.  ;D

Hey TD and Lazeek,

I have been seeing this thread for a while now and just wanted ask what is the record for home runs in that league? I have a guess but could be wrong. What do you guys think it is or know it is for that matter?

I have no idea what the record is in Orange. I will have to check. I know there was a young man that is now 13 that hit a lot of them when he was there.

I coach the Pinto Astros in Vidor, and we had a lot of excitement at our game tonight against the Cubs.  Darin Scott came up in the first inning and hit the left field foul pole somewhere near the top of the fence.  The umpire did not get a good look and called it foul.  We had runners on, so this was a huge call for us.  He later admitted that he blew the call after learning from daddy23 and the other Cub coaches that it did hit the pole. 

In Darin's 2nd at bat he hit the foul pole again, but this time it hit the top of the pole above the fence.  After consulting with the other umpire the Home Plate Ump ruled it a home run.  In Darin's third at bat, he hit a no doubter that cleared the fence by long way.

Great night for Darin with his two dingers.  It was also a great game we tied 10-10, which makes the blown call in the first inning huge.  The Cubs toughed it out, and kept us from scoring in the 6th.  Then they scored a couple runs to tie it up.  Darin made a spectacular defensive play to get the last out for us at 2nd.

The Cubs are doing well.  Right now we are tied for second with them at 4-1-1, there only loss came to the first place team, the Angels, who are undefeated.  We play the Angels this Saturday, so we still have that hill to climb.

Daddy23, has a lot of people's number, that windmill arm of his over there on third is quite impressive.  He gets my vote for the Hall of Fame of youth baseball third base coaches ;D. 

He and the other coaches for the Cubs have done a great job with their kids. 

BTW, thanks for the compliments for the kid that hit the HRs.  He is a great kid, and he broke out of a major slump tonight with the homers.

And while I am glad that he broke out of the slump...why did it have to happen against us.  ;)

Lazeek, we have some work to do to be ready for you in the Director's tourney.  It will be fun to see how all the Vidor teams do in the tourney.  We have lots of team that could beat each other on different nights.

And I cannot tell you how many times I have replayed Luke's last hit up the middle.  Your pitcher got just the perfect amount of glove on it. 

OK,that enough of this. Why is everyone being so modest? I wanna here someone say their team is gonna win the tourney. I can't take it, where is the trash talking. OK I'll start it PA is stronger than ever. I"m picking  YANKEES or RAYS both teams hit the ball a mile. Matter fact I have rooms reserved i Irving already. ;D 8)

The truth is that the Vidor Angels will be very dangerous in the Director's Tournament.  They may not win it, but it will take a good team playing their very best to beat them.

But I really don't like the trash talking much...I would rather undersell  ;)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder