I AM OFFICIALY DONE POSTING ON THESE MESSAGE BOARDS

Guest DickVitale

Guest DickVitale

After careful consideration, and urging from my better half, I am no longer going to post on these message boards.  It used to be a  fun way to pass time, or chat with others about sports while watching them on the tube.  I would tell her about the things that were said and we would have an occasional giggle about it, but now things are starting to get way out of hand.  People that I have never even spoken with, nor seen, have things to say negatively about me personally and my career, and that, I do not like.  The problem with that is, most of them don't even know me and have nothing to lose by saying whatever they want about me, while I am being portayed as this self centered, egotistical, racist, jerk and thats not who I am at all.  Not even a little bit.  I am about to embark on a new chapter in my professional career and need not to participate in things that place me in such a negative light.  I will only keep my account to check SE Texas scores and such and to possibly send and respond private messages to people that I actually know on this site.  I will not even pay attention to the topics on here.  It was fun while it lasted, but now I have to be more responsible about my public image.

Sincerely,

DickVitale

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DV is correct. He has a positive image to keep up with and you never know whose reading these posts. Yeah he come on here to stir things up but you guys and dolls know you love him for this. He's going to an upscale private school and he doesn't want his image tarnished by some cyber bully calling him by his real name, etc., etc, bah----

Like our beloved PRESIDENT said, we may not all agree on the same things but we all shouls work towards our commonalities. 8)

Guest stevenash

DV is correct. He has a positive image to keep up with and you never know whose reading these posts. Yeah he come on here to stir things up but you guys and dolls know you love him for this. He's going to an upscale private school and he doesn't want his image tarnished by some cyber bully calling him by his real name, etc., etc, bah----

Like our beloved PRESIDENT said, we may not all agree on the same things but we all shouls work towards our commonalities. 8)

Dove, are you happy, to this point, with "change we can believe in"?

Dove, I think DV has his own personal baggage that he had prior to these messageboards that he has to worry about. His "image" has been tarnished some time ago. Nothing that this messageboard or any other has not seen before.

You are right, you never know who reads these boards. His image didn't seem to bother him before and he didn't seem to care who read his comments before when he was employed at other places. ::)

Dove, I think DV has his own personal baggage that he had prior to these messageboards that he has to worry about. His "image" has been tarnished some time ago. Nothing that this messageboard or any other has not seen before.

You are right, you never know who reads these boards. His image didn't seem to bother him before and he didn't seem to care who read his comments before when he was employed at other places. ::)

Agreed 100%!!!!!!!!!!

Never bothered him before so why let it now???

Sure Nash!

Agreed 100%!!!!!!!!!!

Never bothered him before so why let it now???

He paid and seems to be still paying

Guest stevenash

Sure Nash!

Could you give me an example, please.

After careful consideration, and urging from my better half, I am no longer going to post on these message boards.  It used to be a  fun way to pass time, or chat with others about sports while watching them on the tube.  I would tell her about the things that were said and we would have an occasional giggle about it, but now things are starting to get way out of hand.  People that I have never even spoken with, nor seen, have things to say negatively about me personally and my career, and that, I do not like.  The problem with that is, most of them don't even know me and have nothing to lose by saying whatever they want about me, while I am being portayed as this self centered, egotistical, racist, jerk and thats not who I am at all.  Not even a little bit.  I am about to embark on a new chapter in my professional career and need not to participate in things that place me in such a negative light.  I will only keep my account to check SE Texas scores and such and to possibly send and respond private messages to people that I actually know on this site.  I will not even pay attention to the topics on here.  It was fun while it lasted, but now I have to be more responsible about my public image.

Sincerely,

DickVitale

I know you aren't watching these threads anymore.... but in case you are.... You have to see how a lot of your posts made you look like all these things. I truly believe you meant it in fun, but you definitely made it a point to rub people the wrong way. But, you're right.... you do need to keep a better image than the one that you, most likely inadvertently, created for yourself. I'm glad you landed a great job and hope to read about tons of success out of your program as I'm sure someone on here will keep us posted.

Guest tigersvoice

Well, let's recap.  DV was on here A LOT while he was on the payroll of a state funded school.  In fact, I often wondered how he had time to Coach adequately considering the time he was on the messageboard.  And, as far as I can tell, his image didn't seem to be an issue then.  Ah, but now, having persuaded some "Prestigious private school" (as Dove put it) to make him the Coach that they have always wanted, his image becomes an issue so he can't play with us anymore.  Go figure!

Sure Nash!

Regulation! Regulation! Regulation!

Well, let's recap.  DV was on here A LOT while he was on the payroll of a state funded school.  In fact, I often wondered how he had time to Coach adequately considering the time he was on the messageboard.  And, as far as I can tell, his image didn't seem to be an issue then.  Ah, but now, having persuaded some "Prestigious private school" (as Dove put it) to make him the Coach that they have always wanted, his image becomes an issue so he can't play with us anymore.  Go figure!

he's the man in charge now. Gotta lead by a higher example now. 8)

Guest stevenash

Ok- do you mean where the govt gets to decide how much everyone will earn?

Sure Nash!

Regulation! Regulation! Regulation!

So because he is in charge now he decides to regulate himself..........................or did it have to do with the fact that he crossed the line way too many times and someone finally made him realize it.  Timing is very coincidental!!!!!!!!!!! ::) ::) ::)

So because he is in charge now he decides to regulate himself..........................or did it have to do with the fact that he crossed the line way too many times and someone finally made him realize it.  Timing is very coincidental!!!!!!!!!!! ::) ::) ::)

HJ, you guys get a kick out DV ruffling your feathers (sheez! I've been in SETexas too long)and you know you love it. You're going to miss him.

I got a feelin that we have not heard the end of DV!!!!!!!!!!!  He will likely get home later, realize that he is a MUST on this board and get permission from the boss and he will be back!!!!!!!  Been real boring today on here without his BS!!!!  We shall see!!!!!!! ;D ;D