Who is the MVP of 20-4A in 09

IMO you have to wait and see how the district finishes.  Should be the best player off the district champion again JMO.  Right now there are 3 teams tied so it is kind of tough to tell.  Maybe Spikes, Jalali, Benoit;  Bellow, Dean, Cardenas (sp);  Barry, Brown, Thompson. Who knows at this point, but if I had to guess I would go with Bellow or Spikes. (I think one of these two teams wins the district)

MVP does not have to be the best player from the best team.

Not quite what I said.  I said district champion.  Because to me "value" is revealed in wins and losses.  To you it may be the guy that hit the most homers or for the highest average.  That is not what it is to me.  This debate goes on in every sport every year.  Is it the "Best Player Award" or the "Had The Best Year Award" to me is the "Most VALUABLE Player Award".  It all comes down to what you see as valuable.  I remember in 2006 (I think)a team that didn't make the playoffs had the district co-mvp.  Doesn't seem that valuable.  Bet they could haved missed the playoffs with out him.

I know MVP will come from the District Champs.  However, as I look at it from the perspective whose team would be in dire straits without them, I would say MVP is Trae Hester.  Vidor would really be in trouble without him.  I think Nederland would definitely miss Bellow, Pitts, or Dean; PNG would miss Spikes, Jalali,or Benoit; and LCM would miss Barry or Leger.....but they have enough depth that they would still be in the hunt for the District Championship.  I am not sure Vidor would be without Trae's pitching.  I haven't seen him play enough this year to know what he has done offensively or what kind of leadership he shows.   

I know MVP will come from the District Champs.  However, as I look at it from the perspective whose team would be in dire straits without them, I would say MVP is Trae Hester.  Vidor would really be in trouble without him.  I think Nederland would definitely miss Bellow, Pitts, or Dean; PNG would miss Spikes, Jalali,or Benoit; and LCM would miss Barry or Leger.....but they have enough depth that they would still be in the hunt for the District Championship.  I am not sure Vidor would be without Trae's pitching.  I haven't seen him play enough this year to know what he has done offensively or what kind of leadership he shows.   

and on cue, trae may be out for the season with that shoulder

MVP does not have to be the best player from the best team.

The statements I made ragarding Hester are based on the above post.  I still believe Spikes or Bellow are the front runners and should be.  There are position players that help their team but the pitcher who also plays a position when not on the mound are just too valuable!  Especially when you look at these two.

What is the final word on his shoulder?

anybody hear the latest on his shoulder? hopefully he can rehab it and come back strong later in the year. from what i'm hearing it doesn't look good. definitely don't want to risk his future. i know coach will be on top of this. they'll need him next year too.

I guess we shall see what the young team in Vidor is made of from here on out. Trae is going to be missed on the field, but if I know him, I am betting he will be in that dugout supporting them until the last pitch of the last game. Good Luck Mr. Hester we will be praying for your speedy recovery. If anyone has any insight of the extent of the injury, I know for sure there are several people out here who would like to know.

Kirby Bellow just keeps getting stronger.  If the season ended today he would have to be my pick.

Kirby threw a 1 hitter last night against PN-G.  He is now 5-0 in district with 1 save and 54 K's in 33 innings.  In his last 2 complete game victories he has allowed 3 hits total.  He has been the best pitcher in the district this year and also is one of Nederland's top hitters.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder