Dallas Cup

SFA

Are any local player's participating in the Dallas Cup. This most is one of the most prestigious International youth tournaments in the US.  It is a great honour to be invited.  There are usually international teams spread throughout the brackets.

Last year MK's (Univ. of Denver) Dynamo Academy team won the U-19 bracket and SP (Lumberton) U-16 team (92 Texans FC Red) won their bracket, although I hear w/o SP.

Is SP 92 Texans FC going back and will SP be playing?  How about NS's (Kelly) 91 TSC team or ZC's (Kelly) 92 TSC team.  I believe teams have to be invited to get to play.

Link to the Dallas Cup competition. 

This is the hidden content, please

Looks like Scott Poole's Dallas Texans Red-Houston is in the U-17 B Group and get to play a youth team of the Mexican 1st Division Club Futbol Monterrey.

Nathan Stockie's Texans SC U-18 Academy play in the U-19 A group and get a game against an English side called Knowsley Youth.

I would think that both these boys are getting their 1st taste of international soccer representing not only their clubs, but indirectly their schools and SE Texas soccer.  I also believe both of them are former Spindletop Select players.

Good luck guys!

• 3 weeks later...

I caught up with SP's parents Sunday evening. I learned his team won the first 2 games in their bracket, then lost their last bracket game to a "fantastic" (and eventual Dallas Cup champion) team from Monterey, Mexico. Not only did he experience matching up with international teams, he also had the opportunity in each game to showcase his talents before many college coaches.

Also, SP had just returned from Jackson MS. where they beat an Atlanta, GA team to earn a straight-in bid to the USYSA National Championship series to be played somewhere in the northeast (Lancaster, Mass?) in July. WOW!!! (pardon the shout) What an opportunity!

Although his team did not play in Dallas Cup, I offer my sincerest congratulations to NS (aka Nathan Stockie) on earning an opportunity to play Div I soccer at Long Island University!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder