‘Dogs begin spring football today

By Tom Halliburton

The Port Arthur News

NEDERLAND -- It's called Nederland spring football training and it's a completely new concept as of this morning.

The Bulldogs never have donned the pads and helmets and truly conducted an organized spring football practice before today. How organized will today's first-ever practice be? That remains to be seen.

read more > 

This is the hidden content, please

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Neumann's admitting they've lacked toughness in recent years.  Interesting!

By Tom Halliburton

The Port Arthur News

NEDERLAND -- It's called Nederland spring football training and it's a completely new concept as of this morning.

The Bulldogs never have donned the pads and helmets and truly conducted an organized spring football practice before today. How organized will today's first-ever practice be? That remains to be seen.

read more > 

This is the hidden content, please

Guest Penny

"But the makeup of our team lends itself to having spring football this year. I've always enjoyed having that extra scrimmage but there are some unique considerations this time which we have had to examine. We have a greater quantity of younger players."

We've been talking about this for a long time, the junior class to be is the start of a wave of VERY talented players... Football in Nederland bout to get interesting again.

"But the makeup of our team lends itself to having spring football this year. I've always enjoyed having that extra scrimmage but there are some unique considerations this time which we have had to examine. We have a greater quantity of younger players."

We've been talking about this for a long time, the junior class to be is the start of a wave of VERY talented players... Football in Nederland bout to get interesting again.

look forward to seeing that. Those defenses lately aren't typical of Ned. IMO

Hey I like Nederlands' defenses, kind of like using a spaghetti strainer, alot gets through.

I bet you do!  ;D  ;D  ;D

Hey I like Nederlands' defenses, kind of like using a spaghetti strainer, alot gets through.

Guest Penny

You are joking right Smitty?  Nervous... about what?  About what he's got coming through his program right now ... yeah I bet he's crappin himself as we speak.

New Indian said it looks like he's getting nervous.  Why not ask him/her?!

OK, so what does he have coming through his program?

You are joking right Smitty?  Nervous... about what?  About what he's got coming through his program right now ... yeah I bet he's crappin himself as we speak.

That is an INTERESTING question, with no negativity implied.  Just curious:  What DOES Neumann have coming through his program?

186_indian.gif.jpg

He has some kids coming that will punch you in the mouth instead of arm tackle you. Newman is right, they have not been tough the last few years and it makes me want to puke!

That is an INTERESTING question, with no negativity implied.  Just curious:  What DOES Neumann have coming through his program?

186_indian.gif.jpg

He has some kids coming that will punch you in the mouth instead of arm tackle you. Newman is right, they have not been tough the last few years and it makes me want to puke!

So you are saying they still can't tackle right?  :o

Guest Penny

186_indian.gif.jpg

He's got a bunch of current fresh/sophs that he's impressed with... lots of em and he wants to take a look.  We've said this before, but the current sophs down through this year's 8th grade are loaded with as much talent as Nederland's ever had... time will tell if it translates to Friday nights.  But, my two cents is we haven't seen groups stacked together like this since the 99 - 02 season. 

186_indian.gif.jpg

He's got a bunch of current fresh/sophs that he's impressed with... lots of em and he wants to take a look.  We've said this before, but the current sophs down through this year's 8th grade are loaded with as much talent as Nederland's ever had... time will tell if it translates to Friday nights.  But, my two cents is we haven't seen groups stacked together like this since the 99 - 02 season. 

Good Luck to the Dogs this year, except for that one week 186_indian.gif.jpg!

186_indian.gif.jpg

Ya mean the week we play LCM, Warrior??  ::)

186_indian.gif.jpg

Ah, now, c'mon Yankee....I'm not gonna 'dis any  team in our district....I think you know what week I'm talkin bout!  ;D

186_indian.gif.jpg

Ah, now, c'mon Yankee....I'm not gonna 'dis any  team in our district....I think you know what week I'm talkin bout!   ;D

Uuuhhhh...hhhmmmm......ya mean??  OOooohhh Yeahhhhhh  THAT week!!!!! ;D ;D

I think everyone knows what needs to be done.  But the question is: will he do it?  If not, well...

Again:  IMHO...

Hey roughrider you have my permission to puke,maybe i will join you. We cannot stand to watch an extra week in the fall. Coach Neumann needs to whip the defense into shape now.

Since there is a question mark after "said," and you are not sure, go and read it again.  That's exactly what the man said.  What's your suggestion for making them tougher?

Uuuhhhh... get tougher, that's what the man said?  Maybe you should drop Neumann a line on what he should do

Guest Brubaker

I never was tough, I still consider myself a part of EVERYONE, and you said EVERYONE knew what needed to be done.  I'm stupid, please enlighten me.  And I used periods this time to help out.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kabamok245
    Newest Member
    kabamok245