What matchups would you love too see?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest EagleFan01

WB vs. WO-S

I would like to see this game too but WB has nothing to win in this game. If they win, so what they are 5A and they should win. However, if they lose.......that's not good.

I may be wrong but I don't think a 3A team can play a 5A team. I believe the UIL does not allow a team to play two classifications above or below it's own classification.

Wrong Newton has never played a 4A school since dropping down from 3A. When we were 3A we used to play PNG, Nederland, Lincoln, and TJ but not since dropping to 2A. But I would like to see Newton get to play Nederland and PNG again those were always fun games to watch.

Wrong, it's done on many occassion. Just last year 2A Kirbyville was scheduled to play 4A LCM until the hurricane hit. Also 2A Newton has played 4A teams in the past. There has been several 1A schools play 3A schools.

• 1 month later...

I say play the 3 or 4 geographically closest teams, that are willing to play you. Possible lineup for EC:

H-F, H-J, Liberty, BH.

Sorry Bucfan no 2a coach is going to play 4 of the 3a power houses in preseason. That could destroy a team to loss that many games. Playing one of those could work but not all 4. There are not enough preseason games to play that strong of a schedule. Playing the top of the 1a schedule like West Harden, Evadale, Hull Daisette, would be better. All three of those teams will give you a good game and you don't take the chance of getting blown out. If you play H-F ,H -J ,Liberty, BH and get blown out a coach could loss his job   

I say play the 3 or 4 geographically closest teams, that are willing to play you. Possible lineup for EC:

H-F, H-J, Liberty, BH.

Sorry Bucfan no 2a coach is going to play 4 of the 3a power houses in preseason. That could destroy a team to loss that many games. Playing one of those could work but not all 4. There are not enough preseason games to play that strong of a schedule. Playing the top of the 1a schedule like West Harden, Evadale, Hull Daisette, would be better. All three of those teams will give you a good game and you don't take the chance of getting blown out. If you play H-F ,H -J ,Liberty, BH and get blown out a coach could loss his job   

None of those 4 are powerhouses.

I wouldn't mind seeing PN-G take on Dayton. It'd be interesting to see how things would turn out now that we have a new coaching staff and a new system. Another good game would be PN-G vs. WO-S. Both Dayton and WO-S would be challenging teams, but I think our new coaches and players could leave those games with a lot of experience.

Guest ECBucFan

H-F, H-J, Liberty, BH.

I don't know what premise you base that assumption on. You need to do a little fact checking:

1) EC is 9-0 against 3A competition the last three years, cumulative score of 293-159, average score of 33-18.

2) BH is 4A, not 3A.

3) EC has 4 predistrict games.

EC, until proven otherwise, would be the favorite in 3 of 4 of those games. BH due to raw numbers would be the exception. How on earth would you think EC couldn't hang with that schedule, after a 9-0 recent record vs. 3A. To say EC "needs to play 1A schools" is ludicrous. You must be someone with a axe to grind... Let's be realistic.  ::)

PS: It's West Hardin, and Hull Daisetta.

Don't forge

H-F, H-J, Liberty, BH.

I don't know what premise you base that assumption on. You need to do a little fact checking:

1) EC is 9-0 against 3A competition the last three years, cumulative score of 293-159, average score of 33-18.

2) BH is 4A, not 3A.

EC, until proven otherwise, would be the favorite in 3 of 4 of those games. BH due to raw numbers would be the exception. How on earth would you think EC couldn't hang with that schedule, after a 9-0 recent record vs. 3A. To say EC "needs to play 1A schools" is ludicrous. You must be someone with a axe to grind... Let's be realistic.  ::)

Don't forget EC got that record with Thomas on the field. I am just saying who would wont to take a chance in playing someone with that many kids 4 times. Most kids get hurt when tired 4 games that tuff would not be wise. As far as a axe against EC your could not be further off And that grope of 1a schools would not be a soft schedule they all made the playoff last year.

Guest ECBucFan

Don't forge

H-F, H-J, Liberty, BH.

2) BH is 4A, not 3A.

Don't forget EC got that record with Thomas on the field. I am just saying who would wont to take a chance in playing someone with that many kids 4 times. Most kids get hurt when tired 4 games that tuff would not be wise. As far as a axe against EC your could not be further off And that grope of 1a schools would not be a soft schedule they all made the playoff last year.

EC has 14 straight years of playoffs. (Most of the those 14 years were without Thomas...) EC has recently gone 9-0 vs. 3A's. No one, and I mean no one around EC wants to play all 1A's for predistrict.

Playing bigger/stronger opponents gets a team ready for district. Playing down doesn't, and EC won't.     

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder