Dayton vs Liberty

JS

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...

Who cares about Liberty? Now Dayton does have a good program. But let's not forget about them Hull-Daisetta Bobcats. H-D has always had a good football program. H-D is also the only team in Liberty County to win a State football championship. I feel like H-D could beat Liberty in football. Dayton is just to big of a school for us to play with.

Who cares about Liberty? Now Dayton does have a good program. But let's not forget about them Hull-Daisetta Bobcats. H-D has always had a good football program. H-D is also the only team in Liberty County to win a State football championship. I feel like H-D could beat Liberty in football. Dayton is just to big of a school for us to play with.

lol get ole slack to make that happen. But I bet deel wont do it...playin a 1a school probably isnt on the agenda

Look at WOS-They have a Outstanding bunch of coaches-winning in 5A-4A-and still a favorite every year in 3A.Their numbers are comparable to Liberty in enrollment.Dad was real good RB at Liberty in late 40's and I am glad he moved us to Dayton in 1956.My dad and his brothers helped build the old war memorial stadium and it was in it's time a great stadium but been outdated for years.There is still alot of folks in Liberty that does not like Dayton.For MANY YEARS Magnolia Ridge Country Club in Liberty would not allow someone from Dayton to join until they were losing money.Liberty buses some kids from as far as Nome-Devers-Raywood-Ames-Moss Bluff basically every community south of hiway 90.So where does the real answer lie?They had a choice to choose former great QB-Donald Douglas-Go figure.You want to move forward- get past the racial issues-all of them.

What are you talking about? WOS has zero comparison with Liberty besides enrollement numbers(but then again so does almost every 3A school in texas).

And as far as Dayton and Liberty history goes nobody needs a lesson. Since 1963 Liberty has won 272 games. Dayton has won under 200. Dayton used to be West Liberty. If your trying to say that Liberty is a bunch of racist I believe you owe all of us across the river an apoligy. Liberty currently has a black basketball coach. Liberty has had the pleasure of having Coach Jackson serve on the football, track, and basketball teams in years past but  is no longer with us. He wasnt white.

And to say that somehow Dayton is just a better place to be is a matter of opinion. But, I can tell you that Liberty has beaten Dayton in Baseball pretty soundly over the past few years. (by the way, Dayton and Liberty are not comparible in numbers just in case someone didnt know)

And just for grins, I cant even remember how many academic meets I've been to where either we knocked Dayton's socks off or they just failed to field a squad for many events.

And since when does LibertyISD get to decide whom they let attend? Our socialized education system takes care of those decisions for us.

Playa how long you been in Liberty?Sound like a move-in to me.My folks have been in this county since their was 32 residents-7 families here.Been in Hardin County since 1825-My kin has been chief Justice of Liberty-Hardin-Jefferson county.Some have been Liberty Commissioners-Supt.for Texaco Oil-City Mayor-School Board Member-Parks Director.Now racial means ALL.I never said one sided.APOLOGIZE-Never for telling the truth.Up until Liberty decided to include Dayton and form LIB/Dayton Chamber of Commerce and Liberty radio finally said  Liberty/Dayton there were issues that were racial in nature.As for as the old rivalry-LEAVE IT ALONE-AS IS-Too much trouble w/kids tearing up/painting/burning property in and around school property in the past.My brother broke a collar bone whilehurting a panther rb's leg.The game in the trenches was a war way back.Fans fought on the field/stands emptied on the field.NEVER-Never Bring this rivalry back EVER.

Playa how long you been in Liberty?Sound like a move-in to me.My folks have been in this county since their was 32 residents-7 families here.Been in Hardin County since 1825-My kin has been chief Justice of Liberty-Hardin-Jefferson county.Some have been Liberty Commissioners-Supt.for Texaco Oil-City Mayor-School Board Member-Parks Director.Now racial means ALL.I never said one sided.APOLOGIZE-Never for telling the truth.Up until Liberty decided to include Dayton and form LIB/Dayton Chamber of Commerce and Liberty radio finally said  Liberty/Dayton there were issues that were racial in nature.As for as the old rivalry-LEAVE IT ALONE-AS IS-Too much trouble w/kids tearing up/painting/burning property in and around school property in the past.My brother broke a collar bone whilehurting a panther rb's leg.The game in the trenches was a war way back.Fans fought on the field/stands emptied on the field.NEVER-Never Bring this rivalry back EVER.

All the above matters none. But if it did it would sound too me that your calling your family abuncha racists? It doesnt matter if your daddy daddys great grandpa worked for Mobil Oil, Texas Oil, or the Food Mart. Im saying that it really wasnt until recently that Dayton has gotten all this state title hype. Football is football. If Liberty had the demographics that Dayton does the story would be different. I could care less about the Liberty-Dayton rivalry. I'm more in favor of the good ole Liberty-Barbers Hill rivalry. Now that was a good clean rivalry.

Pantha daytons freshman would beat liberty's varsity in football, the only male sport that yall are better than us is in soccer, oh i forgot we do not have soccer

All the above matters none. But if it did it would sound too me that your calling your family abuncha racists? It doesnt matter if your daddy daddys great grandpa worked for Mobil Oil, Texas Oil, or the Food Mart. Im saying that it really wasnt until recently that Dayton has gotten all this state title hype. Football is football. If Liberty had the demographics that Dayton does the story would be different. I could care less about the Liberty-Dayton rivalry. I'm more in favor of the good ole Liberty-Barbers Hill rivalry. Now that was a good clean rivalry.

It also was the Same bad cross river rivalry Between Colbert Tigers and Liberty Lions.But of course your new to this area and did not know.You gotta win now and then or it's a rout not a rivalry. I would love to see the Bronco JV team whup them Panthers.We could play at Stallworth-They put up fences for their rivalry.I like some Liberty folk,my nephew and nieces played there recently.My bro-in-law,sister,uncle,dad,cousins live there.I have a question to ask were you a player or a wantabe.

I have on good authority that this game has already been scheduled for 2011. Should be a good one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can tell you that is false, wont happen it does not benifit either program what so ever.  Dayton will play a tougher opponent

I cant believe this conversation has went on for this long. Liberty couldnt "skip rocks" with us so why would we play them in a game. A new head coach will say whatever the town wonts to hear. Them play us mabey, them beat us never. Your 2013 class is going to be "good" well our 2010-2011-2012-1013 class will be great. We only reload!

For the last 10 years or so Dayton has had a great football program. I have got to tip my hat to them Broncos. But living in H-D Liberty County all my life, I remember Dayton for years and years being a door mat and one of the worst football programs in Texas. Basicly the Broncos were the laughing stock of Liberty County. On a positive note, the Broncos are winning and making Liberty County shine. Keep up your winning ways like as of late Dayton, who knows one day yall might be a known powerhouse like Hull-Daisetta and win State like them Bobcats.

I graduated this year. May 09. obviously like my screen name indicates. I was a three way letterman(Football, track, and cross country) I personally have never lost ANYTHING to ANYONE from Dayton.

liltex are you one of these old men trying to relive glory days? Cuz if so thats cool. Maybe ill be there one day. But maybe your just getting too old for a forum. This would explain why you cant stay on topic....

I graduated this year. May 09. obviously like my screen name indicates. I was a three way letterman(Football, track, and cross country) I personally have never lost ANYTHING to ANYONE from Dayton.

liltex are you one of these old men trying to relive glory days? Cuz if so thats cool. Maybe ill be there one day. But maybe your just getting too old for a forum. This would explain why you cant stay on topic....

PANTHERPLAY, One thing for sure, you're never too old for the forum. liltex been here a long time and does know what he's talking about. You honestly think the panthers can keep up with dayton? maybe the first quarter then it's history for the panthers. think you owe liltex an appology. don't you think?

what did you run in track, which events

Although the Liberty and Dayton would be amusing (for Dayton folks).. It should never happen EVER!! That would be like Brock Lesner fighting a Jonas Brother. Dayton has moved on since the 80's and the Dayton/Liberty rivalry. I think the Dayton/Crosby game is the only Hwy 90 game that is worth watching. Who can forget the fight a few years ago in Dayton the pretty much confirmed the rivalry.  Liberty PLEASE I am begging you .. Stick to playing Tarkington yall will be better off.

Hey, I'm all for Liberty playing anyone...mainly since I dont have to be involved. haha

We played WO-S a couple years ago in the first round and a senior on our team let me tack his spot on a kickoff return. lol worst mistake this 160 pounds ever made. I got nailed..twice, on a WO-S kickoff return for a touchdown. (Our only kickoff of the game)

Anywho, I think Liberty can compete in everything except football. Anything else it would be close competition. It might go down like this.

Football-Dayton

Volleyball-Liberty

Cross Country-Liberty

Basketballboys-...too close to call

Basketballgirls-Dayton

Baseball-Liberty

Softball-Dayton

and last but not least SOCCER-LIBERTYYYY!!!!! WHOOP WHOOP

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder