Players Already Committed?

HJ-Sport

bullets you have good points another factor is that due to those nubers 3a players oten play positions that they wouldn't play in college by that i mean a 6'3 player in 3a would play post alot of time but just would'nt have the size to play inside in D1 f he had played guard and been great he may be able to play major D1

bullets you have good points another factor is that due to those nubers 3a players oten play positions that they wouldn't play in college by that i mean a 6'3 player in 3a would play post alot of time but just would'nt have the size to play inside in D1 f he had played guard and been great he may be able to play major D1

You and Bullet make good points. So the next question is this: If you are a 6'2"-6'3" guard with very good D-1 skills and live in a 3-A district, would you move to a larger district to play? or stay put?

I don't know. But if some of the High School Coaches from 2A and 3A schools could schedule more games with bigger schools, then all of the players would have had an oppurtunity to play with each other, and the college coaches would think differently.

It has alot to do with exposure but even more to do with the small school coaches and who they know in the college ranks.There aren't a lot of small school players who can play at the D-1 level.There a bunch of them who are as good as some of the Mid Major,D-2 and JUCO kids who don't have the connections to get a look.None of this applies to Donahoe,he could have played regardless of what size high school he was in.You bring up an interesting point Dove,if a kid has aspirations of playing college ball he may want to move in to a larger district.

You and Bullet make good points. So the next question is this: If you are a 6'2"-6'3" guard with very good D-1 skills and live in a 3-A district, would you move to a larger district to play? or stay put?

kind of depends... i went to HJ, and had options to move to several schools around here that were much better at soccer (i ended up playing D3 in college), but i didn't want to leave my childhood friends.  also, a kid playing in 3A might have a better chance to succeed ON THE HIGH SCHOOL LEVEL (like Donahoe and his championship) if they play at a lower level.  it's probably a different situation for every player.

Guest DickVitale

Ryan Donahoe will be playing ball and going to school on LAKESHORE DR. in Port Arthur, Texas for a division I JUCO in SETX!!! DONE DEAL! ;)

Ryan Donahoe will be playing ball and going to school on LAKESHORE DR. in Port Arthur, Texas for a division I JUCO in SETX!!! DONE DEAL! ;)

I'm beginning to think LUPA needs to be investigated. They are obviously enticing these kids with money, furs, and cars to sign up over there ;D

Guest stevenash

I'm beginning to think LUPA needs to be investigated. They are obviously enticing these kids with money, furs, and cars to sign up over there ;D

This is shocking.  They wanted a player from a 3a "country bumpkin" school that never plays any real competition?

Guest DickVitale

I heard that robinson from silsbee was talkn about A&M as a college option

Uh....No....Unless he is paying his own way as a student...5' nothing guard in the Big 12? NO.  ::)

Guest DickVitale

This is shocking.  They wanted a player from a 3a "country bumpkin" school that never plays any real competition?

Yes. Every so often a 3A that could potentially play up, can move on and play college ball. It does happen. Ryan can really get it done.

Guest stevenash

Yes. Every so often a 3A that could potentially play up, can move on and play college ball. It does happen. Ryan can really get it done.

Some people knew that long ago when "those in the know" suggested otherwise.

Well I can tell you Trey won't be joining him as he is looking to sign on with somebody to play college football.

i'd pay to watch donahoe play again... soo ill be one of those new fans sitting in the stands cheering him on.... and that what be something if jarvis, donahoe, and trey reunited

Unfortunately the last I heard he was living on the outskirts of Houston with his mom and not going to school........what a waste of talent!!!!! >:( >:( >:(

Bruh I dont know Danahoe personally but thats not the right thing to say....there are other more important things in life, he's probably using his other talents...

does anybody remember the cat by the name of Terry Teagle?

6'5" shooting guard from lil 1a Broaddus High School...

Went to Baylor U.

16th overall pick by the Houston Rockets in '82 draft.

Played with Rockets,Pistons,Warriors and Lakers.

Career lasted 1982-1993.

Dickie you know things like that happen all the time...haha

Isnt that amazing though, just thinking about it?

People need to admit, being from a smaller school, that you cant even compare 3a-under. to 4a and 5a.

Its a total different type of game..I put money on it that in BMT Central or Ozen there is some cat who doesnt play for the high school.. can play at one of these lower class schools (3a-under)...I mean he may not cut it at central or ozen because he's either to small slow or basicly not good enough..I know first hand that this happens, Ive seen a few schools get in a move in that didnt play ball at his former school, but was able to dominate opponents in the lower classifications..

if im not mistaken a player from Center committed to SFA..

there post man whos like 6'8

yeah thats true...

Ive seen this kid play a handful of times...He is a beast out there, looks like a man among children..but the teams ive seen him play against, some even half a foot shorter than him shut him down n a game..im not knocking this cat..I mean hes committed to SFA...but he just doesnt know how to play that well...He posts up in the wrong spots on the court and doesnt use his heighth as an advantage as time..I believe SFA is going on potential. Im sure they'll have someone working 1on1 with him on footwork and post moves...And he may end up being someting nice to watch up n Nac.

Guest stevenash

yeah thats true...

Ive seen this kid play a handful of times...He is a beast out there, looks like a man among children..but the teams ive seen him play against, some even half a foot shorter than him shut him down n a game..im not knocking this cat..I mean hes committed to SFA...but he just doesnt know how to play that well...He posts up in the wrong spots on the court and doesnt use his heighth as an advantage as time..I believe SFA is going on potential. Im sure they'll have someone working 1on1 with him on footwork and post moves...And he may end up being someting nice to watch up n Nac.

Some felt that way about a young man from Newton by the name of James Gulley

yeah thats true...

6'8' and going to SFA? He must have just started playing basketball in high school and is slow, or the Big 12 would have gotten him.

yeah thats true...

6'8' and going to SFA? He must have just started playing basketball in high school and is slow, or the Big 12 would have gotten him.

well like i was saying dove, this kid doesnt really have the post player mentality...or a guards mentality at that...he seems a lil slow but for a post man he is a pretty good speed...he just doesnt have any post moves, foot work...needs someone to just take him aside and work with him on being a post..right now the only thing going for him is size and potential...we will see i suppose...

yeah thats true...

well like i was saying dove, this kid doesnt really have the post player mentality...or a guards mentality at that...he seems a lil slow but for a post man he is a pretty good speed...he just doesnt have any post moves, foot work...needs someone to just take him aside and work with him on being a post..right now the only thing going for him is size and potential...we will see i suppose...

There is always hope for a big man as long as the kid is dedicated and has someone willing to work with him. I saw Hakeem in the gym before he was well known. God is truly a miracle worker. And there was another player who evetually went to Sam Houston and I think he still hold some records for shot blocking. He was sad as well in high school.

yeah thats true...

There is always hope for a big man as long as the kid is dedicated and has someone willing to work with him. I saw Hakeem in the gym before he was well known. God is truly a miracle worker. And there was another player who evetually went to Sam Houston and I think he still hold some records for shot blocking. He was sad as well in high school.

Eddie Fobbs from Silsbee????

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder