I am offically done with Port Arthur Memorial Football until further notice.....

SFA85

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another example of the lost pride in this school district.  Kenny will NOT succeed at bringing this program to prominence.  It seems the entire city doesn't give a damn about the athletic programs.  Attendance is pathetic, spirit is non-existent.  And rather than going outside the district and looking to shake things up, they just do the easy predictable thing.  There is no hope. >:(

I'm pissed with the board also.  7-0?  I'd like to see Winston or Langston.  Oh well, I won't be @any games until 2011 if KRH is gone....

give the guy a chance to do things on his own. Its obvious the kids like him, he loves Port Arthur, and hes a great guy. I for one hope he succeeds.

I'm pissed with the board also.  7-0?  I'd like to see Winston or Langston.  Oh well, I won't be @any games until 2011 if KRH is gone....

give the guy a chance to do things on his own. Its obvious the kids like him, he loves Port Arthur, and hes a great guy. I for one hope he succeeds.

Let me break this all down to you:

He was with Colbert @TJ.  He was with Colbert @PAM.  He was with RTG for 3 years.  That's at least 9 total.  Remember when I posted on another thread about RTG not calling plays etc.?  I didn't wanna put it out there at the time but Kenny called me here @work to tell me he wasn't the one calling plays despite RTG not wearing headsets, and KRH, the so-called OC, had the headsets on.  He told me he only called 2 plays the whole season.  Both came against the Woodlands(loss) which both were pass plays.  One for a pick 6 by THW and one for a Titan TD.  We talked for an hour and he want to make me understand, in no uncertain terms, he wasn't the one calling plays on offense....

Now let me further break this down:  PAISD screwed up big time splitting the job of AD from the HC.  So that's why the list was so thin.  Quality coaches won't come here for the pay.  Out of the 5 or so who made the final cut, KRH probably low balled the other 4 offering the district a pay rate of $5/hr.  So naturally, they took Kenny cuz he works cheap.  But you always get what you pay for.

Another thing:  Why didn't KRH, since he's so qualified and ambitious, apply for the Central, or Lee, or Jasper, or hell even LCM openings?  I tell you why, because his resume` is waffer thin.  You'd think, somebody that wants to be a head coach so badly would apply any and everywhere there's an opening.  Can't do that when you only call 2 plays in an 9 game season......

See y'all in 2011.....

OK!  Let's give Kenny a chance to play his style and run his team... He has never led a team.  He has always been an assistant.  He may have all new ideas and stregnths that you guys don't know about.  Don't forget he was one of the best High School players to come out of PA and went on to play ball at UT!  He has been around good coaching.  ANd you ought to see how the kids relate to him.  I think he could get something out of the kids on pure motivation.  I was at a BBall game against Brook and the entire football team set around Kenny and he led the cheers.  They respect and look up to Kenny.  He may can draw something out these kids that others haven't.

I  HOPE Kray can turn it around. The problem is , PA is a basketball town. The hiring of Boutte as the Executive AD spoke volumes to any potential coaching candidates. Nothing against Boutte, but  proven head coaches would steer clear of this situation.

Maybe now but back in the day when it was just TJ they fielded some pretty good teams.

I  HOPE Kray can turn it around. The problem is , PA is a basketball town. The hiring of Boutte as the Executive AD spoke volumes to any potential coaching candidates. Nothing against Boutte, but  proven head coaches would steer clear of this situation.

Maybe now but back in the day when it was just TJ they fielded some pretty good teams.

That is the saddest part about consolidating schools...history is lost at some point.  Young people have absolutely no idea about the storied past of Port Authur football...TJ or Lincoln.  Some of the greatest football players ever in southeast Texas came from PA schools.

Guest ECBucFan

I don't really know anything about Harrison, but I do believe he, like anyone else, should have a fair chance. Give him the benefit of the doubt for a little while, at least. Give him at least two years before really judging him. It might work out!  :)

Another example of the lost pride in this school district.  Kenny will NOT succeed at bringing this program to prominence.  It seems the entire city doesn't give a dang about the athletic programs.   Attendance is pathetic, spirit is non-existent.  And rather than going outside the district and looking to shake things up, they just do the easy predictable thing.  There is no hope. >:(

No hope, what r u talking about? Because we didn't hire someone from O/P or WO-S. No matter where the coach comes from u still have to have players with potential or athletic ability,for your program to succeed. We(MHS) have all those things including HOPE. Let Port Arthur worry about Port Arthur, and since we have no hope tell your coach set a game or scrimmage with MHS, a we'll see if your city, school and students have any hope. >:(

Guest 11/13Dad

Whatever happen giving someone a shot?

Don't know, but the way this thread is headed it sounds like Baytown Sterling even has a chance against PAM.  If  you get beat by Sterling then you will definitely know you made the wrong decision.

ITS ALL ABOUT HOPE!!!!

There isn't any.  Same ole soft spread O.  Probably run some soft 3-3-5 on defense.  No new ideas.  North Shore and the Woodlands will run clock on them.....

Thwy won't be a 3-3 Stack team anymore...Tony Brown formerly of Judson...by way of Ozen and Central will be the DC and give his best attempt at running that Jag style Defense

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder