Absolutely Amazing!!!!

Lazeek

Guest ST4life

Coach Sutherland and his staff are cordially invited to come screw up the Westbrook program.           ;D

That's a good one there, westend1. I think many basketball programs in this area would extend that invitation.

Hey AAW what happend to the broadcast the other night..........?

Coach Sutherland and his staff are cordially invited to come screw up the Westbrook program.           ;D

That's a good one there, westend1. I think many basketball programs in this area would extend that invitation.

Hey AAW what happend to the broadcast the other night..........?

Had problems with PNG's network, could not get on the internet. Also, our back up broadcast, cell phone, was not available due to our producer being out of town. When we broadcast a game by cell phone, I have to have someone in studio producing it. If I am able to get on the internet on my own, I do not need any to produce the game, I am my own producer.

I apologize for the inconvience.

Guest DickVitale

That is truly a sad thing...Really, people should get out of the 60's and get with the times...Todd Sutherland is one of the area's better coaches, and he has a really good staff in place over there (don't let the compliment go to your head, Clay!  :D) and they do an EXCELLENT job of preparing those kids to play....Fans are what they are sometimes: FANATICS...They will find excuses when their team does not win and sometimes they can be as ridiculous as the HJ faithful apparently were last night.  Sad. Truly sad.

I had the great pleasure of being coached by 2 of the now HJ coaches (Sutherland and Lee) back when i was in High School.  We were lucky enough to play in 2 Regional Tournaments and a State Final and experience something few players in the state get to.  Through all that we as players heard many in the stands criticize and ridicule every decision that those coaches made.  And I have always laughed about how crazy and ridiculous those parents and fans sounded.  Not to knock the many good people of EC and Kountze but I always knew both of those fan bases had a few bad apples that would loudly voice their unhappy opinions, and no one would speak up and tell them to knock it off.  In these 2 communities its almost an excepted practice. 

BUT, I always thought HJ was different.  They always seemed like very rational and basketball knowledge people, but boy was I wrong.  Its amazing at what some of the parents will say, even after their kid gets to win District and State Titles while playing the game they love.  Its almost as if these very same parents live so vicariously through there kids that when their "superstar" doesn't get the playing time or number of shots they think is sufficent then NOTHING else matters.  Simply put: they will cut their nose off to spite their face.  They can't see the larger picture, nor do they want to. 

I was talking to a parent the other day that still thinks their kid got shafted during his career, and never stops to think how lucky his kid was to get to play in Huntsville twice and cut the nets down in Austin.  SIMPLY AMAZING!!!!!!!!

To those parents:  Please stop the nonsense, you have no idea how dumb you sound

Guest stevenash

The disgruntled fans and parents should report these coaches to PACA(Parents Against Coaches Association) they could straighten these coaches out.....

Excuse me, Mr. NoLook, but is said organization one that leans fairly strongly to the left?

The disgruntled fans and parents should report these coaches to PACA(Parents Against Coaches Association) they could straighten these coaches out.....

Excuse me, Mr. NoLook, but is said organization one that leans fairly strongly to the left?

Very much, they are so left they think they are right.....

I've realized that High School parents can be cut throat.  I think this is a shame.  First off Travis is an awesome coach, overall great guy, and motivates atleast 20 teenage boys to strive to be thier best.  The HJ coach also must do this because he has some hardware in his cases to show for it also.  Now I was always taught that everyone is equal, be it your color, creed, or nationality.  To blame either of these two men with the stuff i've read is crazy.  Color didnt win that game in Silsbee last week, determination did,  HJ boys wanted that game more  than Silsbee that night.  Was they talking down thier coach then?? Doubt it.  And all that talked Travis down last week are you trashing him tonight with the win. Doubt It!  We as parents need to sit back and let things play out.  Yes every parent wants thier child to succeed you would be a bad parent if you didnt, but why tear other people down to achieve that.  Why cant we say lil johnny's shooting was off, or they shut us down , or even my child just  had a bad night.  It should be an honor for our kids to represent thier school, expecially with thier talent, but we as parents WE should also honor them and thier coaches for what they have ACHIEVED not what they did or didnt do or what color kid played or who didnt.  The coaches play who they think will make them win and it hasnt been a problem obviously  because both teams are winners.  Let them do thier jobs, heck they couldnt be doing it tooooo bad with the records they have between the two of them.  Anyways i'm sorry for the kids whose parents belittle everything they work for just to blame others.  Win as a team, lose as a team.  And parents we have an option as adults.....If we dont like it we dont gotta go there , be there, or enjoy thier success while they are there. Keep up the good jobs both coaches and KIDS, have fun....  And Silsbee lets all the way this year...

well said shs sports mom :-[ :-[ :-[

Guest stevenash

Very much, they are so left they think they are right.....

Hmmm, sounds sort of like an oxymoron to me.

I had the great pleasure of being coached by 2 of the now HJ coaches (Sutherland and Lee) back when i was in High School.  We were lucky enough to play in 2 Regional Tournaments and a State Final and experience something few players in the state get to.  Through all that we as players heard many in the stands criticize and ridicule every decision that those coaches made.  And I have always laughed about how crazy and ridiculous those parents and fans sounded.  Not to knock the many good people of EC and Kountze but I always knew both of those fan bases had a few bad apples that would loudly voice their unhappy opinions, and no one would speak up and tell them to knock it off.  In these 2 communities its almost an excepted practice. 

BUT, I always thought HJ was different.  They always seemed like very rational and basketball knowledge people, but boy was I wrong.  Its amazing at what some of the parents will say, even after their kid gets to win District and State Titles while playing the game they love.  Its almost as if these very same parents live so vicariously through there kids that when their "superstar" doesn't get the playing time or number of shots they think is sufficent then NOTHING else matters.  Simply put: they will cut their nose off to spite their face.  They can't see the larger picture, nor do they want to. 

I was talking to a parent the other day that still thinks their kid got shafted during his career, and never stops to think how lucky his kid was to get to play in Huntsville twice and cut the nets down in Austin.  SIMPLY AMAZING!!!!!!!!

To those parents:  Please stop the nonsense, you have no idea how dumb you sound

99.5 % of HJ is that way, just a chosen few who think they know more.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    fasedo9317
    Newest Member
    fasedo9317