Favorite Excuse

Bon_Mot

How about an alien official who brings some sort of extra-terrestrial flu that infects our team and also has the ability to control the weather!!  That's what I'm using next time.   :D

dude, this happened to us my junior year.  Nederland beat us 7-0 in the playoffs because of it.  it was not pretty.   if it hadn't been for that alien official...

Honestly...I get sick of hearing all the excuses everyone has to offer. Yes I myself have complained many a time about bad reffing, missing players, etc, but after I've gone back and looked at the game and thought about it...its no ones fault but my own or out team's. Now do not get me wrong...yes bad reffing and players missing does make an impact on the game, but it does not ultimately lose the game. And if your excuse is that you were missing players then you should know to step up your game even more to make up for that loss. Put your chances away your suppose to, play defense, and make the saves your suppose to and you won't have to worry about needing to make up an excuse. Just something every player of the game needs to think on.

True story~  Player usually plays forward but had already scored 3 goals, and team is ahead by 5 points, so coach decides to spice it up a bit and move forwards to defense, and defense to offense.  I'm guessing ref wasn't paying attention (confused or whatever), and calls offside to the player that's actually playing sweeper at this time, on their own goal.  ???

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder